LegacyGT.com

Myron and Davis Nav

Yep, they routed it up near the rear-view mirror / sunglass holder (under the roof trim). This is also where they placed the bluetooth mic (it sits flush next to the sun visor, pointing @ the driver, wiring hidden under the trim)

Thanks, I am going to attempt to plavce mine where subaru oem nav is... on top of the cluster under the dash... M & D says I should be able to use my OEM mic, so that will be my first attempt to use that mic... if not ill route their mic somewhere...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, so I opened up the nav box today... the unit looks awesome. Then I got to the bag of harnesses... several of them lol. Most of them are self explanatory, but I placed a call into M&D and I am awaiting their call back on what some of the "extra" harnesses are... the ones that say they are needed for the legacy but dont make sense as to where they are connected on the unit.. So my goal is to make a right up guide of this but we will see... this should be a fun install this weekend :)

It's all done guys... Here is a sneak peak until

I start the guide this week and have some time

To play with it. Ill do a review of pros and cons soon as well but so far I love it!!!

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg592/patrick106902/CB27B39D-9F9E-41C2-8B09-E8AFD12C2A7A-5088-000002120D7AA3EC_zpse071349c.jpg

And as an added bonus, I'm going to detail the install of this led laser light. I took out my in door path light and installed this baby. So when the door is opened I am greeted with this...

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg592/patrick106902/E70854A8-D93A-4058-B621-F18AA0654F04-5088-00000213077D37BD_zps85d0d5b8.jpg

To play with it. Ill do a review of pros and cons soon as well but so far I love it!!!

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg592/patrick106902/CB27B39D-9F9E-41C2-8B09-E8AFD12C2A7A-5088-000002120D7AA3EC_zpse071349c.jpg

That's really nice.

And as an added bonus, I'm going to detail the install of this led laser light. I took out my in door path light and installed this baby. So when the door is opened I am greeted with this...

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg592/patrick106902/E70854A8-D93A-4058-B621-F18AA0654F04-5088-00000213077D37BD_zps85d0d5b8.jpg

Where did you get that?!? That's pretty sweet!

I got them off of eBay but not the link above. Ill add the link in a little bit. The one I ordered from had many many logos. You just specify when you order. You can't see then during the day but night time they are awesome!

Looks great! I knew you'd love it. Its not for car audio guys but for everyone else - its a nice clean OEM+ upgrade. Don't forget to tweak the secret menu settings and adjust the equalizer, BBE sound settings. Let us know how the reverse camera and other accessories are. Can't wait for the write-up and pics!

Okay, so here it goes for the pros and cons... BTW, I am going to do up the guide this week, I just have so many pictures I want to make sure its easy to understand :)

Pros:

1) The system was an easy install, the only "splicing" I had to do was for the back-up cam power and the "brake" wire on the back of the nav. Both those connected to the reverse lights.

2) The sound quality is better than the OEM HU. I never had a problem with the OEM HU, but this does sound much better.

3) I was able to use the OEM SAT radio antenna with my new tuner.

4) steering wheel controls work well

5) the factory fit and finish is awesome, sits perfectly

6) The maps work well too, I was able to mount the GPS ant ontop of the nav unit in the dash and it works fine. Seems pretty easy to use

7) when in reverse and cam comes on, it lowers the audio (I think its a cool safety feature)

8) BT audio and phone quality is pretty good.

9) Easy map update if needed

10) Well worth the total 500& cost to install ( thats back- up cam, Ipod cable, Sirius Radio, and the nav unit)

There are other little things I like about the unit, just small stuff.

However, there are a few cons:

Juss a pre-cursor, I was aware of alot of these cons, and for the price I expected it.

1) The unit is a little slow to start up

2) If the powerbutton is held to turn off the unit, it ALL goes off, even BT phone. (I compare it to a TOM TOM with added features, if you turn the TOM TOM off, it shuts everything off

3) To turn down the dispaly brightness at night, you have to do it in nav settings and in main setting, its like the NAV is a seperate app

4) OEM mic cannot be used with the system, unless you do some splicing and know what you are doing.

5) Since I have an Iphone 5, everything BT works great except receiving a call. The system gets confused and its like a game trying to time when I press the pff hook key and when it flashes on the screen. M & D say its the BT version my phone is using... not a deal breaker

6) its true that you can not turn off audio when using nav. But thats not really a con for me since my radio is rarely off.

Other than the few minor flaws, I love this system and I am so glad I put it in. If you decide to do it, just remember, its a 400$ unit, not a 1200$ JVC or Pionneer. Well worth the time and effor to put in!

The guide will be posted sometime this week in PDF format. I will also include some video links that I will upload of the system in use if anyone is interested. Please let me know if you have any questions. I will gladly answer them :)

Sorry Guys, Work has been super busy and all I want to do once home is relax... I am working myself out of this funk ;) I am going to work on this and have it posted by Saturday night... I have all the pics... just taking the time to assemble the comprehensive guide... I didn't forget about it lol

Finally got my unit in;)... and this thing has been one headache after another.

Couple of years ago I got a steal of a deal from coppertone for an amp and speakers. Well I finally got those put in with the head unit.

At first there was the alternator whine. That was resolved with two filters that the installer plugged in to the analog amp and I thought that was resolved for a couple of weeks. Now the whine comes back sporadically off and on the entire ride. At first unplugging and plugging the filters back in would get rid of the whine, now it doesn't matter, the whine has a mind of it's own coming on and off whenever it wants. I have checked every connection I can get my hands on, I just cannot figure out why the filters are working and then they are not.

My ipod has been working off and on as well. Sometimes there are little stars that come up when the title of the artist and song should be there, and it won't play. Then it will play a song but not let me change the song but it will let me change the volume... sometimes I will be in nav and be able to change the song, sometimes I will be in nav and I cannot even change the volume. Sometimes the unit will not even register that the ipod is there and play absolutely nothing.

End rant. I don't know, I love the OEM look and that is why I bought this thing, but sh*t for an originally $2K price-tagged unit you would think the software was a little more polished. Oh well, you get what you pay for I guess. Buyer beware, these things are $350 on ebay for a reason.

Archived