LegacyGT.com

LGT AP S2 vs. SRT S1

The only risk we took was to endanger our own lives and possibly get reprimanded by the police if one was hiding out.

Weston

Are you 110% sure that NO ONE will come into your path while you are racing? If so, then are you 110% sure that you can live with yourself for the rest of your life knowing that you have killed someone while doing something stupid? If you can answer yes to both of those questions...then race on please.

And BTW: I have started a thread about this subject.

If I saw a car I would have slowed down, and since we were on the freeway no one was coming from the other side without some serious lift-off...

saying and actually happening are two different things.

prime example. back to the future. does marty race those scumbags? no. what does he find out if he did, he would have nailed that car even though "no one was around" straight away.

you would have to stop from 120-0 in a blink of an eye to "avoid" someone.

and me getting as pissy about people racing? good. this is a forum. a forum with different opinions. i am giving my opinions. i am trying to help avoid accidents, keep insurance low, and stop giving subaru drivers a bad rep.

You just don't seem to believe me, which is fine, and if you want to give your opinion, don't do it when it's not appropriate. You don't have to believe that I will slow down, but since you weren't there and this IS a forum, all you can go on is what I say. It was a wide-open FREEWAY... I wasn't going through twisties on a road I couldn't see on... I could see far enough ahead of me that if there was a car in the road ahead of me I would have seen them far enough in advance to slow down to the speed limit and even stop if I needed to.

saying and actually happening are two different things.

prime example. back to the future. does marty race those scumbags? no. what does he find out if he did, he would have nailed that car even though "no one was around" straight away.

you would have to stop from 120-0 in a blink of an eye to "avoid" someone.

and me getting as pissy about people racing? good. this is a forum. a forum with different opinions. i am giving my opinions. i am trying to help avoid accidents, keep insurance low, and stop giving subaru drivers a bad rep.

A really good BTTF reference? Mute- you are my new buddy.

Nice reference Mute. :)

"and stop giving subaru drivers a bad rep" +1!

warnoldscu: What if you lost control of your car? What if the SRT owner lost control and crashed. Or there was a deer or a pot hole in the road? A lot of things happen quickly at 120 mph. AWD doesn't work so well while you're flipping end over end at 120 mph.

well that is why he recognized that fact when he stated that he knew what risk he was taking when he chose to partake in the race. the srt-4 also decided to take that risk, so they did it together. warnoldscu made the right decision to check to make sure no one else was around. because there wasn't, he decided to race, and just because he was driving 120 mph does not mean that he deserves what is coming to him if he crashed. he recognized that if he lost control of the car then he would probably die, but by no means should anyone ever say that he deserves what could come to him.

i also have got my car to high speeds acctually it wasnt me i let my dad drive on I-80 heading up to new york there was a big long strech of road so my father starts heavy on the peadal downshifting then taking off we got up to about 130 had to slow down a bit for a small corner which acctually we didnt have to slow down for just a bit of safety after the slight let off gas pedal we were off and got about 143 exactly i think, i was leaning over looking at the gauge then after the stay at the relatives house on the way back to pa we were doing about 80 and through the window i saw our friend eric a truck driver who likes him some dissplacement, anywho he has a very heavely modified semi we saw him and talked throught the window for like 5 secs then my dad hit the pedal and went up to about 100 and i was supprised that eric in his semi kept up especially with that amount of trafic after sitting down and drinking a glass of water at 100 we once again accelerated to 137 which i was still amazed the car could reach being stock

so over all 143. 137. 110 for eric in semi

valentino balboni

ASSUME NOTHING

wow...uhhhh - not only were there no paragraphs, but I think that entire post was one sentence! I think I got from it that you went 143 and that your friend has a crazy fast semi and drinks water???

Anyway, nd4spd, thanks bro ;). And to Edvig's comment - I think you sort of stuck your foot in your mouth with that one...those risks you mentioned will happen the same on a street as on a track, and if you had read what people have said in previous posts, you would have realized that even that anti-race people say "keep it on the track."

So, my argument was that my situation was as safe as a track race. You have now pointed out the risks that one takes at high speeds, but why are you taking it out on me? Why not the people from germany who drive that fast on the autobahn? Are you mad at me for breaking the law...for some reason I think no, but rather that you just want to argue.

This thread has digressed seriously, which is why I started off by asking (politely I may add) that you leave this type of conversation out of it, next time please have some respect to fellow posters and not hijack their thread by starting some stupid useless controversy.

Archived