LegacyGT.com

Thread for: Items to gain HP with a 2.5i? Or 3.0.

So, what can I do to get some HP gains out of my 07 2.5i? I know CBE would be a good HP gain, i'm killing hp with UEL headers (I don't mind loosing a few HP's to get the rumble).

But does anyone sell ANYTHING to gain HP? modding a Cold air to fit? High Flow filters?

I don't really want to dig into the engine and bore it out or anything also. Just looking to get a good 20+ gain, maybe 10+

what i wanna know is, why did you immediately think of that? theres really no unfunny reason why you posted that lmao:lol:

to the OP, a nice 250 shot of NOS will do ya good.

seriously, i know the situation with your parents is why you didnt get a GT, but fact of the matter is, you didnt get a GT. its NOT going to be fast. your options are:

A: build the EJ253. sleeved and filled block, cams, lower CR pistons, maybe some ARP head studs, and boost it to all hell.

OR, the more cost effective option would be

trade it in on a LGT.

These N/A engines do not respond to mods like Honda motors do. As another 2.5i owner, I can straight up tell you it would be a waste of time and money to try and gain 20hp, and it would be impossible to achieve that with simple bolt-ons.

If you get a cat-back, you'll lose some low-end torque, which is what you mainly use in daily driving. Just get an axle-back or universal mufflers if you want some sound.

If you want to have fun with this car, focus on the handling aspects: tires, suspension, and brakes.

These N/A engines do not respond to mods like Honda motors do. As another 2.5i owner, I can straight up tell you it would be a waste of time and money to try and gain 20hp, and it would be impossible to achieve that with simple bolt-ons.

If you get a cat-back, you'll lose some low-end torque, which is what you mainly use in daily driving. Just get an axle-back or universal mufflers if you want some sound.

If you want to have fun with this car, focus on the handling aspects: tires, suspension, and brakes.

^this... for DD I absolutely love the h6 and n.sane hit it on the head. The one add from me is if you have the 5eat get a hexmods shiftkit... I love mine. I got some magnaflows and welded them up and kept the rest of the exhaust stock as you sell off valuable torque increasing pipe size on our n/a.

what i wanna know is, why did you immediately think of that? theres really no unfunny reason why you posted that lmao:lol:

Saw it somewhere on NASIOC, thought some 2.5i owners would get a kick out of it.

I love Spongebob so much, I was crying when he said "I should have gotten the turbo", +10 points to you. I forgot about the training video episode.

But to all else, I'll get a high flow air filter, I don't really want to turbo the car, I'm not getting a CBE but mufflers and the UEL's. I don't want to open it up and make it really un-reliable.

Meh, not much options, I know sooner or later i'm getting a WRX in the future, just going to suck when all of the Hawkeyes will have 100k plus miles when I'm in the market and the 2011's will hopefully be much cheaper with the new models coming. Just will take ages to get one.

Also I didn't know anyone could tune the 2.5i either, heard some rumors but I've also heard it's impossible.

COME ON COBB MAKE AN ACCESSPORT FOR US. //RANT

find a tuner that does opensource tuning and they should be able to tune your car.

my tuner says 2.5i cars come in at just over 100hp (on his low reading dyno) and he can get them into the 120s just with tuning.

A performance air filter won't really make much difference, the OEM intake is good for way more power than the engine makes.

*edit* if you have E85 fuel in your area, get some LGT injectors and tune for E85. :)

'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

I got my 2.5i about 6 months ago, and after doing a lot of reading and searching on the forum I accepted the fact that the 2.5i will never be fast or faster with bolt ons. This is my first nice car since my first one was a 1989 Toyota Camry and I think I'm okay with having the reliability of the 2.5i.

Once I start getting my stuff together I'm planning on getting a wrx but that's not for years.

why not XRT opensource tuning?

17" light wheels will add some whp as well..

I'd say stock filter is good in high speed as well as CAI. SRI is good for quick response..

Many options.. do simple ones .. hope this help a bit

I know just the guy you'd want to see for a nice opensource tune on a 2.5i, STi Mikey on NASIOC http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2017329. I've heard nothing but good reviews on his tunes. Recently, I've been thinking of getting my 2.5i tuned from him. Maybe we could start a group buy here for N/A tunes from him.

Thanks for the link. I bought a tractrix cable and downloaded my stock bin. My ECM was just defined on romraider. I was looking through all the parameter I can change and I realize I have a lot learning to do. I have done other ECM tuning and know what it takes. I may just inquire I be can do my '12. I know the time and learning curve is probably more 'time' I want to spend or its going to take a while before I finish. This is just my DD that I just want get in and drive but a few extra hp and some low end torque would be great.

Archived