LegacyGT.com

Sell it or keep it ? 05 LGT 148K

:orly::rolleyes: haven't notice:spin::rolleyes::lol:

The only thing that I seem to replace is a wheel bearing on avg. every 50k. And until I disabled the DRL, low beam on avg, every 8mos. That's far from a money pit.

Mike

I have replaced my turbo, transmission, and engine now, all before 100k miles. Turbo from shoddy banjo bolt, transmission went kersplat, and engine lost compression thanks to turbo shooting metal through it.

Oh, and my paint job is done for and the car is 6-ish years old....woot subaru (not sun damage)

My car's paint is fine and it is parked outside since 2007, all year long. I did have clear bra installed the week I bought it though.

Volodya, it sounds that the decision was made already. It's sad to see a car go after putting so much into it but the choice is yours.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

• I Donated
I have replaced my turbo, transmission, and engine now, all before 100k miles. Turbo from shoddy banjo bolt, transmission went kersplat, and engine lost compression thanks to turbo shooting metal through it.

Oh, and my paint job is done for and the car is 6-ish years old....woot subaru (not sun damage)

Usually, the turbo doesn't take out the engine unless you drive on a dead turbo for a while... so why blame the car for that?

Also, the banjo bolt only clogs if you don't change the oil enough. Mine was completely clean at 70k. So that's not really the car's fault either.

Usually, the turbo doesn't take out the engine unless you drive on a dead turbo for a while... so why blame the car for that?

Also, the banjo bolt only clogs if you don't match oil & filter to OCI's that you run. OA's is the only way to know if oil & filter is up to the challenge. Mine was completely clean at 70k. So that's not really the car's fault either.

:rolleyes::spin:;) FIX :lol:

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Also, the banjo bolt only clogs if you don't change the oil enough. Mine was completely clean at 70k. So that's not really the car's fault either.

Oil was changed out every 2k miles....

I had limped the car 2 miles home not knowing it was the turbo since everything else seemed fine. But ya, metal was found in the engine from turbo...

Made my decision with the help of my wife: I'm going to keep it + i will be putting koni struts all over and SS brake lines along with DBA rotors in a month or so.

:) Also completed stage1 tonight with cryo. Must say stage1 vs stock is a huge difference at 10K elevation.

Sounds like me. EJ257 SB waiting on heads to put mine back on the road. Guess its a hit or miss. I change oil every 65 days. Best part about not driving it is the miles vs year resale value.

Made my decision with the help of my wife: I'm going to keep it + i will be putting koni struts all over and SS brake lines along with DBA rotors in a month or so.

:) Also completed stage1 tonight with cryo. Must say stage1 vs stock is a huge difference at 10K elevation.

Glad to hear that. After the money spent, you never get the value you feel it's worth when you sell. One day you will have time to jump in it and go grab toilet paper and ice cream. Don't over analyze why I said tp and ice cream.

Welcome back...:)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Moderators
Congrats on keeping the car. Piece of advice--with your mileage, I can almost guarantee it's worth paying someone to install the SS brake lines. I found most quotes to be around $100 and that's likely worth every penny although YMMV.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

^5 for keeping it. You wouldn't have liked having the 2 Kia Rio's anyways...LOL :lol:

I would keep it but that's just me. I paid $14 when my car had 70K on it. Mine has over 155K on it now..I would assume that it would only bring in what someone else said the 7-8.

UNLESS you find someone on the forums that appreciates the mods. then you might get a little more.

Archived