LegacyGT.com

stage 2 questions

I've got a CNT downpipe and an Invidia UP.. I didn't have fitment issues with either... Just an FYI- if you wrap the downpipe, (which you probably should) don't wrap all the way to the flange of the bellmouth. It makes things extremely difficult when you try to bolt the downpipe to the turbo.

If you go to stage II, sooner or later you will blow the tabs on the stock IC. A great Stage II set up is UP, DP and a good aftermarket IC.

A "fart can" adds minimal Hp (maybe 5 HP) and just attracts the boys in the blue

Just don't forget the suspension bits.

When u say fart can I assume ur talking about a crappy muffler.....my question, I have borla headers n exhaust, I like my car quiet...how much louder is a catless invidia dwg going to make my car? And has anyone tried to get a cat welded into a catless invidia after the fact to quiet it down? Expenses? Success? Thanks!

I've got a CNT downpipe and an Invidia UP.. I didn't have fitment issues with either... Just an FYI- if you wrap the downpipe, (which you probably should) don't wrap all the way to the flange of the bellmouth. It makes things extremely difficult when you try to bolt the downpipe to the turbo.

Yep, took forever to get those bolts on with the wrap, but I got it eventually, completely wrapped including bellmouth.

Yep, took forever to get those bolts on with the wrap, but I got it eventually, completely wrapped including bellmouth.

I ended up pulling some layers off. I used to play hockey, so I wrapped it like I would tape a stick; not good in this case. I'll clean it up a bit more when I pull my downpipe to check for shaft play.

The Cobb OTC Stage II tune works fine with the Perrin IC, and Cobb UP and DP.

I am sure that you could get more power with a custom tune, but my setup has been trouble free for 50K miles.

thats probably the route ill take. i have a buddy who can probably make me a custom map to up load or i could call cobb couldnt i?

When u say fart can I assume ur talking about a crappy muffler.....my question, I have borla headers n exhaust, I like my car quiet...how much louder is a catless invidia dwg going to make my car? And has anyone tried to get a cat welded into a catless invidia after the fact to quiet it down? Expenses? Success? Thanks!

good question, anyone know will replacing the UP and the DP make a big difference in loudness? i have a AVO catback which is pretty quiet over all but a nice rumble and dont want any cabin droan

No need to add a cat, just buy a catted Down pipe

No, if anything you may hear the turbo spool but I don't know as I did my exhaust first but I still don't think it'll add noise, if any you probably can't hear it anyways

Remember loudness is how you drive and what gear you're in, I'm always in 4th around town, < 40mph to quiet it down

No need to add a cat, just buy a catted Down pipe

No, if anything you may hear the turbo spool but I don't know as I did my exhaust first but I still don't think it'll add noise, if any you probably can't hear it anyways

Remember loudness is how you drive and what gear you're in, I'm always in 4th around town, < 40mph to quiet it down

I have a stock exhaust and a catted DP. Very quiet. Absolutely no drone.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

thats probably the route ill take. i have a buddy who can probably make me a custom map to up load or i could call cobb couldnt i?

Only if he has Cobb's tuning software for a few grand. Like most everyone is saying, go open source and at least get an e-tune from a reputable vendor here or go local to a good shop or your buddy if you trust him. I don't know what year your car is because it isn't in your profile or sig (hint) but in any case it will be cheaper and better than OTS.

whats so bad about the acessport?

It's not the AP itself, it's the free generic Cobb maps it comes loaded with.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• Mega Users
this is still my DD and want to keep somewhat good mpg will opensource mess that up? and i go on roadtrips in it pretty often.

Higher efficiency=more power

Opensource gives you a more custom, more efficient tune than a generic map not optimized for your specific motor.

Also, search.

what have you guys been paying for your tunes just so i can get a feel for it. has your maintanence increased? just order a tsk3 tranquil sleeve and a cobb up pipe. the up pipe was discounted on infamous so i figured it was perfect timing. next is the cobb downpipe just gotta get my tax return back

what have you guys been paying for your tunes just so i can get a feel for it. has your maintanence increased? just order a tsk3 tranquil sleeve and a cobb up pipe. the up pipe was discounted on infamous so i figured it was perfect timing. next is the cobb downpipe just gotta get my tax return back

You can look on infamous' site and pm tuners but it's usually around $150 plus or minus a couple bucks. And it's generally recommended that you pay closer attention to maintenance on a stg 2 tune as well as logging it every once in a while to make sure everything's ok.

Wow, Cobb Dp? Just wait for a deal here for a used/new one. $600 for a Downpipe?

Tune, yes open source is the way to go as the tuner will see and adjust your car to it's real potential vs the cobbs one tune, tunes all. A good 10+ more hp/tq than the cobbs map

Cost? Depends, do you want a quick tune or a real tune(hours and hours), then dyno or street tune(though if dyno, the tuner should verify and tune on the street as well)

$300+/-

Wow, Cobb Dp? Just wait for a deal here for a used/new one. $600 for a Downpipe?

Tune, yes open source is the way to go as the tuner will see and adjust your car to it's real potential vs the cobbs one tune, tunes all. A good 10+ more hp/tq than the cobbs map

Cost? Depends, do you want a quick tune or a real tune(hours and hours), then dyno or street tune(though if dyno, the tuner should verify and tune on the street as well)

$300+/-

well if one doesnt come up by the end of the month then its a new cobb dp its on sale right now on infamous

Every car is assembled out of thousands of parts, each with a tolerance range. All together, they make every one unique, even if they all meet specs. Every car will respond slightly differently to tuning the essentials like boost, timing and fueling. A generic map has to run safely on the weakest, most sensitive car out there. A custom tune is required to get the full potential.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

will a 02-07 wrx/sti MT dp fit the lgt?

No. '08~ WRX/STi fitment is the same as '05~'09 LGT though.

Higher efficiency=more power

Opensource gives you a more custom, more efficient tune than a generic map not optimized for your specific motor.

Also, search.

This is all true. However, A Cobb map has been tested thousands of times. It IS generic, and that is the nice thing about it.:)

I like that for a DD. :redface:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived