LegacyGT.com

Now I want one of these!!!

I've liked the Forrestors for a while not and was about this -- close to getting one prior to the leggy. Who might consider this over a Legacy? I would definitly take one. Unless they bring over the LG STI. Did everyone do their homework and send the message to SOA?!?!?!

5078642541918387.jpg.bf91077caeeaa07daa8c2a3ba0bb9a7a.jpg

7425433665476399.jpg.af084878516bd0da0d84556e590487c1.jpg

8390743530786154.jpg.6c3f26bbfa62e9d50bc55d579d1de227.jpg

8660112789044212.jpg.b16e51190c2bde0b084438aa180d3446.jpg

0142616504871349.jpg.f8b75060dd6dc5bbe25f831ea2625c00.jpg

I think for a kick-ass family hauler the Forrester is tops. But the Leg GT wagon will generally handle better with comparable suspension mods, and can hold 'almost' as much stuff and same amount of kids.

But the quirky, cool design of the Forrester will always have a soft spot in my heart.

The Forrester turbo is what I will try to get my wife into over the next few years, but she doesn't dig them at all.:lol:

I detailed a Forrester shortly after I got my Legacy. There is nothing about that vehicle that would make me want it. Well, maybe the boost gauge, but even that isn't enough.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Just goes to show that the Subaru team knows what we want and knows how to do it. I have been impressed with the Forester Sti for months. Please Subaru, take our $, make us rob banks and do stupid pet tricks, but give us the Leg/Sti (incl a wagon) that we know you can deliver.

The more I look at that damn thing the more I want one... Just for the uniqueness...The forrestor is quicker than the wrx and the lgt... : ( not the STI though.

quicker 0-60 maybe just based on gear ratios.... not sure how they actually compare in real life though... not to mention the forrestor is about as aerodynamic as a brick and about as fast as one above 60

unofficially....;) you'll see the forester STi next year as a 07 model. It won't be faster than the WRX STi. That would be a big mistake. It'll probably have 285hp or so. Ever so slightly a detuned STi motor. I'll wait for the Legacy STi which we probably won't see soon.

quicker 0-60 maybe just based on gear ratios.... not sure how they actually compare in real life though... not to mention the forrestor is about as aerodynamic as a brick and about as fast as one above 60

Real world numbers: 2003 Subaru Forester XT

0-60=5.3 Seconds

1/4 mile=13.8 seconds

Sounds like that car can move..even above 60. Its faster to 60 by 4/10's a second and retains that lead by beating us in the 1/4 mile by 4/10's a second. Now the new model sucks, power went up and acceleration went down due to gearing.

Guest clawdnb
thats ugly....i dont like it at all, the idea of taking a non sports car and throwing a huge engine in it just doesnt appeal to me....why bother is my question here, its a wagon/suv thing, let it be a wagon/suv thing and make the more sleek and sporty subaru(Lgt) the new sti out of the lineup

It's the same engine (EJ 2.5) that the Foresters started out with in 98 (97 in the rest of the world) NA 2.5L DOHC 98-2000, NA 2.5L SOHC 2001-present, 2.5L DOHC in FXT 2004-present (same engine as the STI, LGT and now WRX, just different tuning for different torque curve delivery).

In NA forum it's okay but not great, good off-the-line torque but runs out of steam quickly. In FI form, it's a rocket. The 4.44 gearing certainly helps and the light pressure turbo spool-up bring boost on almost immediately. These things in FI trim can make mad power with the typical mods, UP/DP, EM, TBE and with just a few tweaks to the suspension and brakes (big deficit IMHO for so fast a car) are all up to high performance spec. I've actually spun all four wheels on dry pavement (during a test drive leaving the dealer parking lot). Amazing torque.

WRT the FXT STI - it comes very well equipped and drives and rides like a typical Forester, which is pretty buttoned down in regular garb, only much more so. We've had a 2001 Forester S since 2000 (wife's car) - love the car and its utility. I'm thinking that we'll just go ahead and replace my the Forester with an FXT and not wait for the STI - the Tribeca was just too big for her, nice but too big.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

it's still too boxy, even with a fast ass engine. lol.

the front looks nice, til you look at it's ass! then it's all down hill from there! :(

now the LGT STI??? mmmmmmm!!!! doubtful that will happen any time soon. until then, guess we'll just have to mod!

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

STi could've utilised their resources better by spending it on a wrx wagon or Legacy. A Forester no matter what is not a good platform for performance showcase. Sure it can go straight line, but so can an STi wagon or an STi Legacy and they both will out turn the Forester. :rolleyes: A case of mis-managed resources.

Archived