LegacyGT.com

Bpv solution! Samco!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
Ordered mine from Roger Clark Motorsports Sunday night, got it today on a Tuesday in Illinois for about $100... Looks killer in black, replacing my probably leaking (but definitely worn) stocker tonight along with a nice AVO throttle body to IC hose at the same time! Hope it fixes my vac problems.

Alrighty, not the most fun install ever, but doable, not as bad as replacing the turbo inlet. I wasted time trying to work around the pcv and some other vac hoses... once I pulled those out it went much smoother.

The AVO TB hose was another story. I kept my stocker and upgraded to some nice SS t-bolt clamps and voila, 17psi all day long. Cobb Stg2 Perrin IC EL header blah blah.

Like the Samco peeking around there:

image.thumb.jpg.d2a05e043a588687c744f2c7fe24674f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I just want to add to everyone that this samco hose will work perfect with the Perrin turbo inlet.

The 08 WRX BPV hose connects to the factory inlet in a little bit different spot.

As such if you are putting a perrin turbo inlet on, either purchase this hose or the factory 08 up WRX hose.

The newer Perrin turbo inlet was designed for the WRX instead of the legacy.

If you use the stock legacy BPV hose and try to hook it up to the new perrin turbo inlet it is a pain in the rear.

Greg

From my Perrin Install:

I installed the Perrin Inlet on my 2005 Outback XT today.

The issue is that originally Perrin made a PSP-420 Inlet and now its PSP-421

The original one was made for the legacy and the newer one is now made for the 08 Up WRX.

They are identical with one exception, the BOV port is more toward the front of the car.

Unfortunately perrin quit making the one that fit better on the legacy for the one that fits better on the WRX.

I found out today that the key to putting this on a legacy is to use the WRX BOV tube.

The WRX BOV tube that connects to the inlet has more of a bend in it toward the end where it goes on the inlet port.

That bend, bends more toward the front of the car. This is the reason for the Change in the Perrin Inlet.

I just happened to have a whole 08 UP WRX intake manifold with everything still on it sitting in my garage that I was pulling parts off of.

I took the BOV tube off the WRX inlet/manifold and it fit perfect on my Outback XT with the Perrin Inlet.

So bottom line is to make the Inlet line up better just get a WRX BOV tube and you are good to go.

"If you use the stock legacy BPV hose and try to hook it up to the new perrin turbo inlet it is a pain in the rear."

Oh yes, as I learned from personal experience!

Its much easier though if you have the 08 WRX hose :)

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Sorry to dredge up an old thread and maybe I'm missing something, but what is the part number for this hose? I'm replacing my turbo inlet with the Perrin 08+ WRX inlet, and rather than go with a stock WRX BPV hose (or have my mechanic wrestle with my legacy bpv hose), I think I'll just put this hose in while I'm at it. I can't for the life of me find this unit though. Does anyone have the part number? Can I still get these from Roger Clark Motorsports?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
It's possible, yup. I initially thought the IM would need removal to install new turbo inlet. I used needle nose vice grips and determination for the stock bpv hose. The new silicone hose should be a breeze to put on with new clamps and flat head screwdriver.

^^^^This^^^^ I swapped out mine a couple nights ago.

There is a bolt about midway down the hose that attaches to the IM ( T30 needed to remove it).

Then I unplugged the TB connector, knock sensor, and the "Big Brown connector" so I could move them out of the way to gain a little more room to work with.

I then used a pair of long NN pliers to loosen the tension clamp that holds the BPV hose to the inlet, and then carefully removed the old BPV hose.

Plumbling in the new silicone Hose was a Breeze like the 2Fiver said.

Although I spend most of my time getting the hose to seat flush up against the inlet and angling the new clamp so that I could clamp it down from under the front of the IM. OCD sucks!!!! :lol:

All said and done it took me an hour and a half or so. YMMV ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to replacing my torn BPV hose. Luckily my mechanic didn't put that bolt in at the top of the manifold, so some funky arm angles and long pliers is all that was really needed. I think the Perrin intake hose helped a bit, not sure if the OEM BPV hose fitting is barbed, but the Perrin is not.

Got the Samco hose from Roger Clark. They didn't have the regular black in stock, so they gave me a matte black for the same price. Sweet, that's what I wanted anyway. Customs took forever, thanks #drumph.

Ugly:

PIcEFHFl5p-wNnhwOg-V17fWc28uiWlmKjwSjjuckQKMOlEgN9e8prqoKbi6-Pw1RiVaGvYCnpaAxECCeYIEDNlrJVx3LrdjqRtnYgCncsc8Re2tuG_Nqg_JIOFlK4F0CO4iv8TeajbY0vVLSFxrO60Nzg1Qhva773Eoh1H46RVJdna5zxnAOpdIacDjadgEF0Tkdm2rBP01ESrrtI534QuM6m3benBLx8fZQMxvhqUrZ-5wn84HZPjzB5n40bQVqWO3_GCwt6jL4ARAFxkxJpfhMkH92aB6Fl9cNUi9_kuaqdrp-3cW3881eVbelDuVv4TPClBImJjYpAMSORf3wNKDinWBe9fvoe4UfmQXyN6ojCv1ZYgd1ApAtx1E3iblNdZ8bXFAxScoYV1OQIMQPGvHTQWYykSGXL_sNa9SgaKri0g6btQH4a3Yea4yPQzilvdKr5tIRPMpnaMGd8ZtuUaZm1fCjpYzJlq_g2qwTVtOAaZqOhu99Z612nvtxlUlUVRXkiLoG50ddAzJZ2yf8T5OLfkpkZgusaNCH0_tPEPEzEuW1BLzNJaHO794Q9ScOVkdaMYcxhm6aa5f0yCqGjLpJmKl8MYVfViPQ6SQ2KXLwM41Vfo8xw=w545-h968-no

Oriented the clamp for easy adjustment:

mNKuoSZlrRgEOC9m6JIuwnyH0CjYQ3GxJCIsGPBL0DSiEjaKaMeH8fbpW14Pa-_0MlNq588_wETAoncmQaHWBw8pTy1F9vnfVWvdd1HGC9q2vmZcwbD2za_W0JBt1C85_dYc-TiK5uLHUYc64w-1Qju_QmNbC240zxwLGA-rkANDQ77-iol5LGdmF-2ILeZ43ZPzKYkQ-hMmRtnNaylCmw4gpX7UrUyWiwUlv0P_rxLARMb-NFMlQDEZ2sgSIZb7if7q7HWkf1qQSzMRH7suZYMwVXcYICFmnCVqFUKWyyD7_QRKbnvyBwNamsaBR5tfa4S0THm1mePcrFQcB2ycqQi7mRnqnv6sPdW57ebK-TcsE0HmLOWtZCy03gOGgb-mekIVVsR2l30CGIA5K40Nsi2S3qjM3UlcoYnWKtIiQWZtxaCCe-ArVTfkBliM8QtQ2Sy2xzjKL6rHOE36bZuubqJeeVOekg54Wbyib9qGZoo1ykEfo9T4M6xgBIXq6hMxWO5TpyK2IcMTlqBsZDrnMW1H4J8ky2qRMHNVU80_3xTRQbSQMp1SNhzYZLIL1msQqRbkiVo8ysbMN3ZL1OGHuxvrYF7BGaAgzMtUbhZWXNUHF7IpNGkBgg=w545-h968-no

And the finished product. Needed to be stretched a bit to fit on the Grimmspeed TMIC, but no boost leak issues. Car runs so much better now after resetting the ECU as well.

mW-WTuSC9RMSWUsa63aN7Fg94Gyz_Z1lkFNxOLkKyIum0tigI-Zurd71hR1vpZbGXBLI3CBq5jCVh1b7stuWPHQaGl8K75ALwemUvXodr9zGeiGWfP3iMU2yiZZvwapQzhiQWHJ_TwKCOaMg-5br6sZEpIF02YIAM1fQSTuBc1OYstuv8GxXmXfaQk1M38FXqd6YGHSnmB5AYAHD7Ynvf4zbO_jQqj6wY4pIxM4tkkOm9EH6hirpSigDGKmMXvh6PAn3Py-JjoHsoFIr7s04LNLwIpqLoU7DlHvZ8kir3etGrvxn62fVm_SeUOA5W6R4SmgMaM9mYRIrIBALa7GsWlQ9nfxS64A99m4wOG_M07b5-FiKgv7zsEuegIl3Z92iDIEJRUPUxeR0huLgrV9E0NrbreZ4_yo4BoN4kBRIubGDUW487hRLW5Ek8uQ3C530d6nWUrQl3wVyc4x2Fq4Z-i_dL731j64_UtQNV_gVlRJg5nMk0A2hUL1eoLgLkMyY3q2smsSLYzCvbOkb4odrHVD2_TtcXGn-1WvWT3XqKxJBYsII_hoVKMVCV8LmsExdtvmVgTTV6mKpR6ZBz-ti6Rki_x8oR1ejBiADsUg8iQRLZGT4T4TEMg=w1720-h968-no

• 3 months later...

Archived