The Parenthood Thread

laff79

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Plus nothing drives women into the arms of bad boys more than parental disapproval.

So when they start seeing a badboy we should just approve?

I really do not want to harm any young boys so I hope that situation never arises. I hope they have the same respect for us as I did for my parents. Trying to make that happen.

so when they start seeing a badboy we should just approve?

I really do not want to harm any young boys so i hope that situation never arises. I hope they have the same respect for us as i did for my parents. Trying to make that happen.

no one said anything about approving of it :lol: Believe it or not, talking about things is a reasonable action

you're just taking a very plebeian stance on it. Fear is not equal to respect, and respect isn't earned by flashing a gun or making any threatening comments

no one said anything about approving of it :lol: Believe it or not, talking about things is a reasonable action

you're just taking a very plebeian stance on it. Fear is not equal to respect, and respect isn't earned by flashing a gun or making any threatening comments

He said if you dissaprove then that will send them to the arms of the badboy. You have to either approve of her dating him or not. Talking about is obviously something that would need to be done but at some point in the talk you will need to tell your child what you want them to do or why and what you think they should do.

Who ever mentioned anything about fear or flashing guns to their child to earn their respect? I want my child to respect me because of who I am and how I raise them to be. I am not relying on the respect of said boy, I am relying on the respect of my child. The boy can fear me no problem.

The only mention of firearms was to the boyfriends. I would hope that your child does not need to be fearful that you are going to shoot them.

Edited by 05GT Guru

• I Donated Too
He said if you dissaprove then that will send them to the arms of the badboy. You have to either approve of her dating him or not. Talking about is obviously something that would need to be done but at some point in the talk you will need to tell your child what you want them to do or why and what you think they should do.

Who ever mentioned anything about fear or flashing guns to their child to earn their respect? I want my child to respect me because of who I am and how I raise them to be. I am not relying on the respect of said boy, I am relying on the respect of my child. The boy can fear me no problem.

The only mention of firearms was to the boyfriends. I would hope that your child does not need to be fearful that you are going to shoot them.

Ok. Just...stahp.

You need me to flash a gun at you before you'll settle down? That's cool so long as you're not my kid, right?

Show me where I ever mentioned flashing a firearm at young boys and that I would do it. All I ever said is the boy can fear me for all I care.

I'll flash my guns at the young boys that come to talk to my daughter. They are called Lefty and Righty.

Only the guys who lose in an arm wrestling match can date her.

Edited by PeterJMC

Ok, we can do that. It's cool if I terrorize you or otherwise engage whatever is necessary to cause fear so long as you're not my kid, right?

Many young men are just fearful in general when meeting the father and getting to know him and the rest of the family. I said he can fear me for all I care... not that I would try to make him fearful of me or even really want him to fear me if he is a good person. You are making assumptions about me and how I would handle the situation.

Show me where I ever mentioned flashing a firearm at young boys and that I would do it. All I ever said is the boy can fear me for all I care.

I don't think I would want to date your daughter because you sound like a douche. So you got that going for you.

Many young men are just fearful in general when meeting the father and getting to know him and the rest of the family. I said he can fear me for all I care... not that I would try to make him fearful of me or even really want him to fear me if he is a good person. You are making assumptions about me and how I would handle the situation.

Not exactly. I'm making fun of you for acting like you have aspergers (specifically, the inability to speak or comprehend anything other than exact literal translations) and/or applying double standards.

:munch:

What's going on in here? Flashing guns for intimidation? That's illegal, isn't it? Great way to lose everything you have.

Cleaning guns while a boyfriend you don't like arrives isn't illegal. You are just cleaning them while you have a casual conversation with the boyfriend that your daughter is the most precious person in your life and he better treat her with respect.