LegacyGT.com

How much water does your Subaru make

As some of you know I recently finished doing the head gaskets on my 98 LGT Wagon 2.5 DOHC. At first I was worried that something was amiss. A lot of white vapor and water coming out of the exhaust tip at a idle. Once warm just a little vapor, but still dripping. Its been a week and a 150 miles later still leaves a puddle out the tail pipe when it's warming up. I'm not losing coolant nor oil, just a lot of water puddling under the muffler. Do Subaru just make water or what?? Car runs good doesn't over heat, No milkshake in the oil.

I have to milk mine in the morning or it gets fussy and won't eat its hay.

While you are making this observation, what is the ambient temperature outside? Is it in the morning? Dew point, temp etc are factors.

mine doesnt leave a puddle at all. neither does my dodge nor my civic, but the f150 leaves a trail for miles. depending on the weather i will get drips here and there tho, pretty sure its related to the dew point and weather stuffs tho.

When you did your HG's did you pull the heads with the engine still in the car? Also did you leave the exhaust header in too? What probably happened is when you pulled the heads the coolant in the block poured into the exhaust and now that the cars running your just burning it off and out the tail pipe. Seen and done this before. It may take a while for it all to burn away but if those are the cases then you'll be find, just give it a little time to work its way out.

I had a little bit of condensation coming out of my header when I forgotten to put my exhaust manifold gasket on one side I thought it was weird to see that but my car is running great after the swap...500 miles on the swap and still feels good..normal stuff I think.

Archived