LegacyGT.com

Those of you with JDM front bumpers...

specialB

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check it out guys, got a little April first surprise! She was supposed to come in tomorrow, got lucky.

uploadfromtaptalk1364876057385.jpg.b0bebd2d03604e60783572f81f503928.jpg

She's in awesome condition! Barely a scratch on her and the reinforcement looks brand new.

And yes it came with the corner marker antenna thing. But no, that extra harness (i think its the one you mentioned specb-228) does not match up with the plug take a look. That's the drivers side and i didn't see anything on the passengers

uploadfromtaptalk1364876163558.thumb.jpg.72395315b1a42325bcd66c5cb5ef1837.jpg -empty plug on car

Puploadfromtaptalk1364876190199.jpg.ac00ab8d0271df10f7852a6415c7f5d8.jpg -plug on unit

If i can't find anything I'll probably just wire it up manually into the fusebox and ruin a switch to the panel that the windshield deicer switch is on.

uploadfromtaptalk1364876292123.jpg.b566c48b1e36e58f5454440359e8a421.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1364876313428.jpg.6d43edac8b4e6d154d862ac4aa19b430.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1364876326696.thumb.jpg.22ab070f785d9bc3c8f76cc7604d9ae2.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1364876347330.jpg.e8a98e7f0285fd958228fd097c766b2f.jpg

Ooh and yea the color doesn't match perfect but not enough to make me want to repaint it

Nice i like it a lot! Especially with that mesh grill. About the plug though It could be that the plugs don't match because its different markets. Same for the fog lights, you will have to rewire them because the plugs are different. (For the fog light ones I went to a junk yard and cut off matching male plugs from a Prius and then just soldered to my car wiring so it would be plug and play). But I still wanna know what that extra wire on the rt side is for.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Nice i like it a lot! Especially with that mesh grill. About the plug though It could be that the plugs don't match because its different markets. Same for the fog lights, you will have to rewire them because the plugs are different. (For the fog light ones I went to a junk yard and cut off matching male plugs from a Prius and then just soldered to my car wiring so it would be plug and play). But I still wanna know what that extra wire on the rt side is for.

I don't see this said extra wire on the passenger side...do you has picture?

For the fog lights all i did was take the wire from the bulb to the harness and swap it onto the jdm, was yours different?

Oh that's because I didn't have any for lights to start with. Also there shouldn't be a wire on the left side only on the right side (Driver side) which apparently is the rear window water pump on wagons.

Well i can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to work. I got tester cakes and played with a car battery and all i get out of it is a relay sounding click every time i power it. Must find a schematic or something.

My lip came in however. Perfect fit just gotta make it permanent now

uploadfromtaptalk1365049889785.jpg.28b85d79bc152842cccf2ae1dbfc2d86.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1365049902389.thumb.jpg.f85320174959f0f189be7dcec95281cb.jpg

Especially with these rota BBS knockoffs she'll be looking straight off the boat from Japan minus the rear wiper.

I'm having a tough time wiring this bumper pole. Can't find any info on it. Damn three wire plugs

Ok i figured out how to wire it, its actually quite simple. Black goes to ground, red goes to hot, and blur you touch to Hort to activate the antenna. Once you remove the blue the antenna goes down. And it diss gave a little green led light on it too lol how cool.

Next task is to hook it up with a factory looking switch. I played with the panel to the left of the steering wheel where the wiper deicer is and found there are wires running to one if the open dummy switches and the other dummy has nothing.

More to come on that

• 10 months later...
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/26/4use5ara.jpg

I have the jdm spec b bumper and love it. The lines are perfect and it's much more aggressive than usdm. It was bought used locally, but I believe originally was from japanparts

Hey that's my car!

Anyways anybody know what lips fit this bumper? Sounds dumb but I'm looking for a new one

What's awesome about those ads is both are showing USDM front bumpers in the pictures! The lime green one is mattg's old LGT (SWP) that they mirrored the picture, changed the color and reposted after he asked they take down the original they stole from this site. It's actually a CF front lip in the picture made for USDM bumpers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-05-07-SUBARU-LEGACY-GT-FRONT-BUMPER-LIP-SPOILER-BODYKIT-JDM-BUMPER-ONLY-PU-/151226996817?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ALegacy%7CSubmodel%3AGT&hash=item2335d4d851&vxp=mtr

Thank you sir!

What's awesome about those ads is both are showing USDM front bumpers in the pictures! The lime green one is mattg's old LGT (SWP) that they mirrored the picture, changed the color and reposted after he asked they take down the original they stole from this site. It's actually a CF front lip in the picture made for USDM bumpers.

Yeah I've noticed most of the jdm bumper lip ads I've seen have pictures of cars with usdm which was why I wasn't sure what to trust. No use in wasting money knowing how the term "jdm" gets thrown around

Archived