LegacyGT.com

Car sat for two months in parking lot and...

Then your car is DBW. Pull fuel pump fuse, put foot all the way to the floor. (Gas pedal..) this is 'clear flood' mode and the car will not inject fuel in an attempt to burn out whatevers in there

VERY interesting... Never heard that our ECU was programmed to do that. Very good to know. thank you.

EVERY drive-by-wire car has that same "feature." Hold the throttle pedal to the floor and crank turn the key.

Even most modern cable cars have this 'feature'. Most OBD II fuel injected cars actually

As a quick update, I did use the method described by 1055 and it worked like a charm!! I was really happy.

Now I am curious: what would happen if I leave the fuel pump fuse in place AND start the car while holding the throttle pedal to the floor?

The car will just keep cranking, as if the fuel pump fuse has been pulled.

Then, there's no need to pull the fuel pump fuse in the future if my goal is to crank the engine for 3-5 secs, so it gets lubricated after sitting for a long period of time. This is perfect!

So the process is, put your foot to the floor and turn the engine over for a short time. Then just lift your foot and keep cranking ?

or

turn the key back to off, then lift foot and start as normal ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

So the process is, put your foot to the floor and turn the engine over for a short time. Then just lift your foot and keep cranking ?

or

turn the key back to off, then lift foot and start as normal ?

^Bold is what I did. I wonder if the first option you have above could work too. I guess that's the next question to ask now, Strizzy? :hide:

Archived