LegacyGT.com

Broken into my place!

claymore_6r

I hope you get yout shit back esp your gun I am sorry this happened. I got a 520lb safe (empty) (now prob 800+lbs) on black friday which sits in my basement and will soon be lagged to my concrete floor. My gun collection is close to $10k and 1/2 the items can NOT be replaced (from grandfather and WWI &WWII).

I keep my carry pistol in a small safe near my bed and most of my valuables are in the safe now.

Yeah, keep posting and bragging about it on the web. :rolleyes:

And post your address to make it easier for the thieves to come to your house and claim the stuff. :spin:

To the OP: sorry to hear about the break-in. Soft targets are what thieves are after... especially if they know what they will find once they are inside. Hope you recover the handgun.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most of my friends do. They know my work required me to carry one.

So my next question is, which one of your friends is dumb enough to brag about it and hang out with thugs?

You THINK that would be a reasonable solution... but it isn't. A 1500lb safe isn't terribly difficult to steal. If you got it into the house, you can get it out. What you REALLY need, is a vault.

I'd love for you to explain to me how the typical thief is going to steal a 1500# safe (much more likely to try to break INTO it IMHO)

...and when it comes time to install/remove a safe I'm contacting you for advice!

So did they collect fingerprints from the areas associated with the items stolen? Maybe prints off of the doorknob?

They tried but the investigator said that they wore gloves..It was snowing the night before and left about 6 inches.

I'd love for you to explain to me how the typical thief is going to steal a 1500# safe (much more likely to try to break INTO it IMHO)

The same way they stole my inlaws 1800lb loaded safe. A modified heavy duty hand truck onto a high capacity, large wheel hand cart. They were in/out in 15 minutes.

...and when it comes time to install/remove a safe I'm contacting you for advice!

Think like you want to steal it, and install it so it can't be stolen. The likelihood of someone breaking into a modern safe is slim. The likelihood of someone stealing a safe that will require structural damage to the room it's in is very slim as well.

Or, build a vault when you build a house. A vault door is about the same price as a good sized safe, and the added cost of materials is minimal. You'd just need to consult with an engineer to design the ceiling, HVAC, and power supplies.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Sorry to hear about it OP, I hope they find the people that did it.

On another note, I'm just laughing at the thought of a 1500 lbs safe even fitting into my apartment I have a tiny 525 sq ft 1 bedroom on the 2nd story with a door that required some amazing angles just to get my sofa in.

The same way they stole my inlaws 1800lb loaded safe. A modified heavy duty hand truck onto a high capacity, large wheel hand cart. They were in/out in 15 minutes.

Obviously they should have welded shut the access ports underneath the safe. Crazy!:redface: I live on a very tight hill in one of the oldest neighborhoods in LA that has very little access, was not designed for heavy vehicles, is not easy to navigate in a small car and my driveway is incredibly steep.

Its hard to imagine INSTALLING let alone STEALING:lol:

install a moat. fill it with mean shit like alligators or crocodiles, pirhanas, sharks, angry seabass with frikkin lasers, etc. build drawbridge. profit.
I could suck start a snow blower.

I have no sympathy for thieves and to be completely honest, if someone just stole a bunch of valuable items, and wound up hanging from the side of a tall building, I would let them fall. Especially the ones that have been stealing cars. It may be considered "wrong" but I feel that eye for an eye is the best karma.

Walker Wilkinson's drift car (his career) was stolen and luckily they found it. Now somebody's STi has been stolen in New York?

People need to quit being so selfish.

I have no sympathy for thieves and to be completely honest, if someone just stole a bunch of valuable items, and wound up hanging from the side of a tall building, I would let them fall. Especially the ones that have been stealing cars. It may be considered "wrong" but I feel that eye for an eye is the best karma.

Wait, you are claiming THEFT is equal if indifference in the face of someone else's DEATH? :lol: I'd say your value is a lot more twisted than the thieves if you value things > life.

^ I agree with you 100% and strongly believe in and eye for an eye

Same for you.

Eye for an eye is you kill, you die. Not you STEAL you die.:lol:

• I Donated Too

Walker Wilkinson's drift car (his career) was stolen and luckily they found it. Now somebody's STi has been stolen in New York?

http://gifsforum.com/images/image/intredasting/grand/intredasting-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1276.png

I'm not wishing death on them. I'm just saying that if they have cruel intentions, I'm not helping them and if it happens to be a high enough building, well I guess fate decided the outcome. And what BarManBean said about hot tar isn't a half bad idea.

Call me twisted but people are disgusting enough to steal shit that people work hard for and a lot of times, those people never get their stuff back. That's not what I call fair.

Eye for an eye.

CT08 the opposite of stealing morally in this case may be labor. Caught stealing? Put to slave labor. Dig ditches, clean the streets, Empty dog crap from the parks. Make life better for the rest of us.

How about cutting off their hand and then dipping it in hot tar to ensure they don't bleed to death. Isn't that what they used to do? 'Cause that's better than death...:rolleyes:

Are you claiming that DEATH is preferable to, comparatively minor, disfigurement?

(Yes loss of a hand is pretty minor next to death :lol:)

I'm not wishing death on them. I'm just saying that if they have cruel intentions, I'm not helping them and if it happens to be a high enough building, well I guess fate decided the outcome. And what BarManBean said about hot tar isn't a half bad idea.

So now you are claiming that cutting off body parts is equal to THINGS? Still morally lacking but nice try.

So now you are claiming that cutting off body parts is equal to THINGS? Still morally lacking but nice try.

It's a perfect incentive in my book.

If you make them do some kind of community service, they're still going to go steal stuff. There is only one way to teach them, and that's some form of aggressive action. Call me sick, but picking up dog shit in the park isn't going to cover breaking into mine or anyone else's house or the theft of a vehicle, sorry. Just doesn't work that way.

Archived