LegacyGT.com

Broken into my place!

claymore_6r

It's a perfect incentive in my book.

If you make them do some kind of community service, they're still going to go steal stuff. There is only one way to teach them, and that's some form of aggressive action. Call me sick, but picking up dog shit in the park isn't going to cover breaking into mine or anyone else's house or the theft of a vehicle, sorry. Just doesn't work that way.

So it's not an eye for an eye, but hands for an iPod?

What if, instead of a ticket a cop got to haul off and kick you in the plums as hard as he could? Sound reasonable?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So it's not an eye for an eye, but hands for an iPod?

What if, instead of a ticket a cop got to haul off and kick you in the plums as hard as he could? Sound reasonable?

Your example is completely irrelevant. Theft is 100% different than a minor case of "speeding". Also, common sense should dictate what belongings/goods are worth what punishment. If you ask what I'm talking about, think about today's justice system. We have a JURY that decides whether people are innocent or guilty based on the testimonies. It would be the same type of situation. Stealing a car is a lot different from stealing an iPod. Same goes for break-ins where people steal multiple things, especially items containing value.

Without some form of incentive, most of today's criminals aren't going to stop being thieves. Even with an incentive, I'm sure theft will still have a high number.

Update...I spoke to the neighbor and they said the saw a black SUV. The couldn't tell make and model of the vehicle or license plate.

Also, a friend that was at the party saw a similar vehicle roaming around the area while he was out smoking the night before. Hopefully this lead to something more.

In addition our landlords/owner/friend bought us new TV and installed dead bolts lock in the backdoor. That was generous of them to do so.

Don't forget to have some form of an alarm system installed, if possible. Every deterrent is better than having no deterrent. No robber is going to stick around long enough when there is a loud alarm going off.
My wife's balls are delicious.

How hard is it to identify a make or model of a dark SUV that you see rolling around or parked suspiciously. I don't understand how people can't remember makes of cars rolling through their street.

Lots of people can't look at a car with all the badges and emblems on it and tell you what it is with it sitting right in front of them. When it's a dark car driving/parked at night and they don't have a reason to pay attention to it, slim chance a non-car guy is going to remember what it was a few days later.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

So now you are claiming that cutting off body parts is equal to THINGS? Still morally lacking but nice try.

That would be cruel and unusual, however we used to hang thieves in this country. That would be about right. In fact that would be a good punishment for stealing a firearm.

You THINK that would be a reasonable solution... but it isn't. A 1500lb safe isn't terribly difficult to steal. If you got it into the house, you can get it out.

What you REALLY need, is a vault.

Bac is right...again :lol:

I once ripped a 5.5 foot safe right off the bolts on a moving job at the customer's request. I didn't think it could be done, but it was a joke how easy it was for me...fun too!

That would be cruel and unusual, however we used to hang thieves in this country. That would be about right. In fact that would be a good punishment for stealing a firearm.

Back then something stolen was likely essential to life and well being.

I'm in favor of jail time for thieves, but murder/amputation seems a bit high unless you are knowingly taking away a person's livelihood.

It's all about incentive in my book. But with further thought, maybe there should be "phases of punishment" for lack of a better set of words. First time you steal, you get some jail time in which the time you will serve is determined by a jury based on the monetary and sentimental value. Second offense results in the amputation of your thumbs and index fingers.

This may seem cruel and unusual, but it is unfair that innocent Americans cannot own something of value without people having selfish intentions that lead them to theft. I believe that this kind of punishment is beyond fair because then that also gives an incentive to not steal anymore. If you only give them jail time for each offense, then they are just going to keep doing it.

However, there is a flaw with my idea and that is the fact that it would open a window for people to think "Eh, well as long as I only get in trouble one time, then it's not so bad." There are people out there that are completely okay with spending even a few years in prison.

• 2 weeks later...
...first thing I looked for was my Sig Saucer P229 Equinox handgun. That was gone, as well as my laptop, and my PS3. :mad:

OMG, you keep a handgun in your house?

I'm sorry that this happened to you, but I would think seriously about replacing that gun. They're simply bad news.

OMG, you keep a handgun in your house?

I'm sorry that this happened to you, but I would think seriously about replacing that gun. They're simply bad news.

Where else would he keep it? His mom's house? Or maybe a storage container?

*Burglar breaks into your house with a gun while you're in the room.*

You: Oh hold on don't rob me, let me go to my storage unit so I can get my gun. Stay right there and I'll be right back.

:lol:

• 4 years later...

Oct,

Bringing this thread from the dead with a little update. Since then, my legacy was involved in a accident where a lady swerved in to my lane as I was on my way to get it tuned at Bren's. The car is totaled and I end up purchasing a 11 Wrx which I had it fully built by Alberto at Motive in Woburn(great job). Car was pushing 470 at the wheels. Unfortunately I sold it to get into the GTR.

Anyhow, enough with the ranting..long story short, I got on the local police department and worked my way to become a DT and eventually conducted my own investigation and located the gun and the thief.

Crazy!!!

Archived