LegacyGT.com

Broken into my place!

claymore_6r

On Sunday, December 30 between 3pm-11pm, my house was broken into. I left for work at 3pm and came home at 1130 to find the front door open. First thing I noticed was the TV in the living room was missing. Then I headed to the dinning room to see everything on the floor. At this point I went straight to the bedroom...first thing I looked for was my Sig Saucer P229 Equinox handgun. That was gone, as well as my laptop, and my PS3. In total, they took two PS3, two laptops, 42" TV and my $1500 pistol with some winning scratch tickets worth around $300.:mad:

But the funny thing is, they left my TV, my roommate's TV and all the car parts (PW tmic, Koni insert, Cobb AP, etc..) that I have in my room.

So for those of you lived around this area...please be on the look out!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get everything reported stolen, especially that pistol ASAP!

Sounds like someone you know did it, so the police should have some decent leads from you.

Yeah..the investigator took pictures and prints. They took some stuffs with them.

It's definitely someone we know..not a close friend, but a friend of a friend. Cause they had to stake the place out. Our neighbors upstairs were home and their cars was sitting in the driveway while this happen.

Also my friends and I were discussing about Newtown ct shooting on the night of the party and find out this happen. My only concern is the weapon. The weapon was locked in a case with a trigger lock as well. Hopefully that will buy us some time.

Sounds like someone you know did it.

It's definitely someone we know..not a close friend, but a friend of a friend. Cause they had to stake the place out.

You need a good gun safe. Hopefully they catch the prick. Definitely someone that knows you and your routine. It's suspect that they didn't take your roommates stuff.

So...

WHO KNOWS ABOUT YOUR HANDGUN?

That sucks to hear about. I thought I was going to go though something like that when I was around 21 and already had a decent collection. I still had a couple of old friends I grew up with. Turned out one of them ended up telling one of the local hoodlums about my collection of guns. Nothing ever became of it; the local hoodlum and his brother went to prison a year or two later for...grand theft; big surprise. I never talked to that "friend" ever again; dramatically.

Also, there were a couple of burglaries in my parents rural area years ago. One of the people who was burglarized was the son of a local farmer who just started renting his parents old house. Turned out the guy doing the robberies was his "friend"; not even a friend of a friend in this case.

My point is, as you suspect, burglaries are not usually committed by random strangers wearing ski masks driving around in a crappy van and breaking into random houses. Usually someone is plotting on you that you have met.

My parent's place was broken into recently...

Get this - they stole the toilet brush, dental floss, cleaning supplies, the cabinet the TV and DVD player were on but left the TV and DVD player, alcohol, chocolates and a lamp. They left the small electronic items of high value that were nearly sitting in plain sight. Oh, and they took a couple of kitchen cooking pots.

Get this - they stole the toilet brush, dental floss, cleaning supplies, the cabinet the TV and DVD player were on but left the TV and DVD player, alcohol, chocolates and a lamp. They left the small electronic items of high value that were nearly sitting in plain sight. Oh, and they took a couple of kitchen cooking pots.

Do the thieves run a small second hand goodwill store?

So wait, did they steal stuff or just do your parents a favor by reducing some clutter? :lol:

Better yet, get one so heavy bolting it down is optional.

You THINK that would be a reasonable solution... but it isn't. A 1500lb safe isn't terribly difficult to steal. If you got it into the house, you can get it out.

What you REALLY need, is a vault.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I hope you get yout shit back esp your gun I am sorry this happened. I got a 520lb safe (empty) (now prob 800+lbs) on black friday which sits in my basement and will soon be lagged to my concrete floor. My gun collection is close to $10k and 1/2 the items can NOT be replaced (from grandfather and WWI &WWII).

I keep my carry pistol in a small safe near my bed and most of my valuables are in the safe now.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Archived