• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bigjweb, really!

I too have the PW TMIC11

however after dyno tuning, yet again wish I had gone w/ a FMIC

great run man 12.3, wow!

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

bigjweb, really!

I too have the PW TMIC11

however after dyno tuning, yet again wish I had gone w/ a FMIC

great run man 12.3, wow!

I guess I should clarify my opinion of the best one. The IC's I've had are: IPR tmic (perrin knock off), IMS tmic (pw knock off), racerX fmic, FMS tmic (pw knock off), pw tmic. I'm sure there are many fmic's that are better then the PW tmic, just not a racerX

You're only mad because I speak the truth.

I do agree with you. I just don't understand why you would piss on a guy's build. If you don't agree with the part choice than that's fine, you are right, get over it. I don't think you need to plead your case on why his FMIC is not as good any other...it clearly works.

We all drive slightly faster than average econoboxes (and some of us modify them to be faster) - we are not driving super cars. The fact that a lower price option is available to us as an option is a good thing. We can't all drive Ferraris.

so you personally have tried all the crap (knock offs)

we don't disagree that the PWTMIC11 is the best TMIC for our cars

however I made the same #'s w/ the AVO TMIC

let's continue this discussion in another thread

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

I do agree with you. I just don't understand why you would piss on a guy's build. If you don't agree with the part choice than that's fine, you are right, get over it. I don't think you need to plead your case on why his FMIC is not as good any other...it clearly works.

We all drive slightly faster than average econoboxes (and some of us modify them to be faster) - we are not driving super cars. The fact that a lower price option is available to us as an option is a good thing. We can't all drive Ferraris.

I'm not pissing on the guys build. I think he did a great job. I think the custom piping he made looks way nicer then the way they normally come. He actually makes me wish that I got a 20g instead of the HTA with the numbers he put down. However, when I do see a quality build with a cheapo intercooler, I always wonder why they chose what they did. That's why I asked

so you personally have tried all the crap (knock offs)

we don't disagree that the PWTMIC11 is the best TMIC for our cars

however I made the same #'s w/ the AVO TMIC

let's continue this discussion in another thread

Did you get retuned after the switch? I was lucky enough to have a tuner that gave me the hook up on revisions when I would make minor changes. He said that there was a difference from a tuning standpoint.

Max, you got to turn up the boost on that 550. You got 20g's making more then you now;)

Why run boost at all? My FMIC is nicer than his, and thats all that matters according to this thread.;)

(You do realize that hp numbers are nearly subjective and that both JMorris and I are running similar enough setups to know that I will trap the same or faster than OP with my current setup on pump, right? Unfortunately there are no operating local 1/4mi tracks currently.)

Interesting. You go through a whole lot of trouble doing a nice build and customizations, yet choose to use a racerX fmic. May I ask why?

Why would you ask if you can ask why if you are just going to answer yourself? Why not just grumble off topic from the start about the pieces of his build you don't like?

Because LGT has the potential to be faster and handle better (than a Ferrari)

Only SpecB. (and if you're serious this is the most outlandish performance claim so far this year on forum.)

463HP and only 12.3? Idk i think I would be disappointed. As long as if your happy with it thats all that matters though! I had a DSM it had 453AWHP and ran 11.2. Gotta be weight lol. Is it a stock block?

It was 90* that day. Do you think the trap should be higher? Comparing my power to other LGT's on dragtimes and other sites, my et and trap seems right to me. The 6mt adds some weight to the car. DANG, I knew I should have taken out the recaro baby seat!

The 04 STI six speed is a trap speed killer. If you get the 07 3/4 you should be significantly faster if you can keep that 60ft where it is. The Hp estimate does seem a bit high, but you can drive, that's a great 60 and time for that trap as it is.

Was something going on with the tune? 463whp =113 traps?

Um, its a 20g. Its not making 463whp. Not on pump, not on c16, not on ethanol, not with something that small, not with green eggs and ham, sam I am. Pretty sure OP said ~400whp before edited (and something like 463wtq which combined with the 6spd makes for a sick 60', just like he put down)

463HP and only 12.3? Idk i think I would be disappointed. As long as if your happy with it thats all that matters though! I had a DSM it had 453AWHP and ran 11.2. Gotta be weight lol. Is it a stock block?

Its

A

G:spin:

...and the mod list is at the top...

The Hp estimate does seem a bit high, but you can drive, that's a great 60 and time for that trap as it is.

:yeahthat:

I'm confused, lol. Unless I missed something, it says 405whp on pump, 463whp on E85. OP said the run was on E85.

The 04 6sp trans def. slows him down with the short gearing. With the temps being around 90 degrees, I'm sure it pulled timing from the intake temp compensation tables too. I still think his traps should have been a little bit higher if it were making close to the advertised hp. The driving seems to be spot on though.

My numbers come from the dyno at P&L motorsports. I was there for the pump gas dyno runs. I seen it go 405whp on the pump in person. I was not there when the E85 was on the dyno. The owner of P&L, was the person that gave me the E85 numbers. They have a dynojet dyno.

Archived