LegacyGT.com

Top 10 reasons why Subarus are better than Hondas

During another boring day of work I had time to come up with the top 10 reasons why Subarus are better than Hondas. Feel free to add to the list if you can think of any other reasons.

10. Subarus aren’t at the top of the list of most stolen cars (in the US)

9. Subarus look good lifted or lowered

8. 4 doors

7. The only thing you really have to do to make a Subaru look good is throw on some wheels and tires.

6. You don’t have to spend over 40K to get a nice one.

5. Along the same lines, the STI is faster than an NSX and cheaper

4. AWD

3. Boxer engine

2. Turbo

And the number one reason Subarus are better than Hondas: Hondas are like buttholes, everyone has them; Subarus are like money, only the best get it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's because you don't live in the Northeast, the Subaru country, I could bet with you that here there are more Subies than Hondas...

Yesterday I met a guy at the light, he had an 87 Legacy Station Wagon with some rust and nothing less than 289K miles on its engine, and still running strong he told me, after some minor repairs....

Hehehehe my 0.02

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

what about this list...

Honda's are cheaper.

Honda's get better gas milage.

Honda's have better resale value.

Honda's don't f-ing stutter when you hit the gas.

Honda's do so have four doors. My Integra was a sedan and my wife's Accord is a sedan.

I've put over 200,000 miles on both a Honda and a Subaru, so it's sixes as far as overall milage goes.

FWD is fun for AutoX.

FWD is also fun for spinning circles on frozen parking lots.

I wouldn't get into a hair splitting contest between Subarus and Hondas right now. Between the shitty paint job and the shitty air conditioner and the shitty stutter.... All I can say is that the car I sold to get my LGT didn't have any of those problems. I'm not regretting my purchase, but I can say that Subarus are FAR from perfect and far from being the best car on the road.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

seriously, why bash honda's, i thought this is a forum of respected legacy's owners who know on how not to act immaturelly, i mean c'mon

Hondas are very good cars, and so are subarus, here in Va, you barelly see subarus but i bet is a different up north, and i used to own a honda, and it was a damn good car,

I have the most outmost respect for the following brands

1:honda

2:toyota

3:nissan

4:mitsubishi

5:subaru (some of you might wanted me to put subi on no: 1, but ive never owned one......yet)

plz dont bash hondas, they are a very respected company, and remember, if you got a fast car, THERE ALWAYS SOMEONE WHO GOT A FASTER ONE THAN YOURS......dont forget that

During another boring day of work I had time to come up with the top 10 reasons why Subarus are better than Hondas. Feel free to add to the list if you can think of any other reasons.

10. Subarus aren’t at the top of the list of most stolen cars (in the US)

9. Subarus look good lifted or lowered

8. 4 doors

7. The only thing you really have to do to make a Subaru look good is throw on some wheels and tires.

6. You don’t have to spend over 40K to get a nice one.

5. Along the same lines, the STI is faster than an NSX and cheaper

4. AWD

3. Boxer engine

2. Turbo

And the number one reason Subarus are better than Hondas: Hondas are like buttholes, everyone has them; Subarus are like money, only the best get it.

err, how about a porshe cayanne turbo, is way faster than the subie :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

They steal cars in canda?:lol:

Yeha but they didn't shoot our little buddy Mike Moore WTF it must have been staged :(

seriously, why bash honda's, i thought this is a forum of respected legacy's owners who know on how not to act immaturelly, i mean c'mon

Hondas are very good cars, and so are subarus, here in Va, you barelly see subarus but i bet is a different up north, and i used to own a honda, and it was a damn good car,

5:subaru (some of you might wanted me to put subi on no: 1, but ive never owned one......yet)

plz dont bash hondas, they are a very respected company, and remember, if you got a fast car, THERE ALWAYS SOMEONE WHO GOT A FASTER ONE THAN YOURS......dont forget that

Yhis website is for ENTHUSIASTS that means that it will attract numerous levels of maturity, and with the car being accesable in price there are younger buyers of this car. Some oof us are really passoinate in our love for Scoobys or hatred towards another brand and we bash.

Now me being an immature, Honda hating Scooby lover I would like to add the following:

HONDA SUX

There are only 2 in the line up that are worth buying and they are the S2000 and the NSX

VTEC is not a big deal any more I think all car companies have some form of it now

I looked into a new Civic a few years ago and they tried to sell me on the EX having more power amd it was a whole 7hp more WTF

Its anoying when a ricer drives a Civic with some bolt on mods to get 220hp, 300lbs of bondo, 1,000lbs of sterio equipment, and some Bling Bling 19in rims thinks he can smoke a Vette.

Ok I'm done here for now :)

They steal cars in canda?:lol:

yeah people have no source of income other than logging ... what the hell else do you expect them to do?

Canadian bashing aside, Honda bashing is silly. The cars are well made, well engineered, and well marketed. Subaru has never (and most likely will never) have the selling power of Honda. The only thing that stands apart in my mind is the AWD, which is why you see a high concentration of Subarus in areas with inclement weather. Let's analyze your comments:

10. Subarus aren't also at the top of the list of most SOLD cars either. Yes Honda is vandalized more, but by percentage sold it's not that much higher than anything else. Plus, even if it were, you can understand why people would steal them ... they're easy to sell!

9. No comment

8. Hondas have 4 doors. Oh and on the plus side, they actually HAVE coupes if you want one.

7. Nothing could make a Baja look good. Many people don't like the WRX because it's a box with wheels. What about the new grill that half the people on THIS board don't like?

6. Everything but the RL and NSX is under 40K.

5. How about on a high speed oval track? And even if the STi is faster, it's not better ... example SRT4.

4. Agreed

3. As I understand it, the boxer is supposed to decrease engine vibration and allow for a lower center of gravity ... okay but there's nothing wrong with a V-6.

2. Honda people would say high revving I-4s are a plus ... it's all a wash.

1. No response

Bottom line: so many people buy Hondas because they're good cars. End of story.

Mitsubishi? Please elaborate on your experiences with the "quality" of Mitsubishi. :lol:

--

And to the rest of you who have chosen to attack this humorous thread with your defenses of "teh Civicmaker," I say be gone!

Here are some thoughts that we can add to the list:

Honda is a company for the masses. The masses of average joes, who all wear the same tie, and whose deliquent teenage children all sport the same 200mph metal spoiler on the trunk of their Civics.

Mature people buy Hondas because they are at a stage in life where they are trying to do the sensible thing, and so they cave and end up with a boring (yet reliable) piece of neccessary machinery. Someone here already mentioned that people who view cars the same way they view a refrigerator would be very happy with a Honda.

I'm thinking real hard here as I type, but I cannot recal ANY Honda that has ever been turbocharged or supercharged from the factory. I also cannot recal ANY other car company THAT HAS NOT at some point or another released a turbocharged or supercharged vehicle to the public (Okay maybe Hyundai... but that doesn't count ;) ).

Point is, Honda vehicles are incredibly boring, and don't even get me started about that $70,000 NSX that nobody in their right mind would shell out for back then in the 90's, when it was in the same price range as an exotic with balls, like the Lotus Esprit.

Nobody talks about their "Honda" at the company picnic. If you drive a Honda, then you are not a driving enthusiast.

There. Hopefully I've ruffled some feathers, but reading this thread made me upset. Defending Honda when it was but the victim of a light-hearted top-ten joke on a TURBO LEGACY forum... sheesh. You people.

For someone who's views are so well stated (and so true) I can't believe this one comment...

Nobody talks about their "Honda" at the company picnic. If you drive a Honda, then you are not a driving enthusiast.

I think you forget the S2000, It is an enthusiast car if there ever was one. Seriously, where else this side of rotory lovers will you find someone with a high-hp, low-torque sports car that still manages to kick some major @$$?

Oh, but yes, I agree with everything else.

For someone who's views are so well stated (and so true) I can't believe this one comment...

I think you forget the S2000, It is an enthusiast car if there ever was one. Seriously, where else this side of rotory lovers will you find someone with a high-hp, low-torque sports car that still manages to kick some major @$$?

Oh, but yes, I agree with everything else.

The 2005 Accord Hybrid is a very interesting car as well. I think Honda is on the right path. The payback period for the premium cost of purchasing the hybrid version keeps getting smaller. Depending on driving conditions, the gas savings can offset the extra $7k in under 100K miles (much less than previous versions of the Civic hybrid).

It's still wrong wheel drive, though.

what about this list...

Honda's are cheaper.

Honda's get better gas milage.

Honda's have better resale value.

Honda's don't f-ing stutter when you hit the gas.

Honda's do so have four doors. My Integra was a sedan and my wife's Accord is a sedan.

I've put over 200,000 miles on both a Honda and a Subaru, so it's sixes as far as overall milage goes.

FWD is fun for AutoX.

FWD is also fun for spinning circles on frozen parking lots.

I wouldn't get into a hair splitting contest between Subarus and Hondas right now. Between the shitty paint job and the shitty air conditioner and the shitty stutter.... All I can say is that the car I sold to get my LGT didn't have any of those problems. I'm not regretting my purchase, but I can say that Subarus are FAR from perfect and far from being the best car on the road.

Tell that to my future sister-in-law who was on transmission # 3 and throttle body # 2 on her '01 Acura CL-S.

<---- Long time Honda owner BORED with Honda ca. 2005.

To each his own...there are both advantages and disadvantages to both cars, and how one can say that a subie or better than a honda or vice versa is ridiculous. Honestly, it depends on what you need out of the car and price. You realize that a large portion of this world doesn't have the money to afford purchasing a Subie. Personally, i think that Hondas are great cars as are Subies. Not everyone in the world needs to be an auto enthusiast.

You can think what you want, but why in the world do u care so much about kids who rice their cars out? Even if they're up in your face about it, who isn't proud of having their own car when they're young? Why bother yourself with that? Youve got to have better things to do....

Point is, Honda vehicles are incredibly boring, and don't even get me started about that $70,000 NSX that nobody in their right mind would shell out for back then in the 90's, when it was in the same price range as an exotic with balls, like the Lotus Esprit.

The combination of these incredibly ignorant comments leads me to believe the following:

You have never driven an NSX or an S2000... or even an RSX-S or '99-'00 Civic Si. Straight line performance is not the point of these cars, it's the relationship between the car and the driver... which Honda has utterly perfected with those models.

Subaru wishes they had the same quality control standards for things like fit+finish and internal part balance, let alone the shift linkage.

I dare you to toss around one of those cars, or even a 6-speed A-spec TL and tell me that it's not an enthusiast's car.

Archived