LegacyGT.com

Whiteline suspension components VS. AVO?

Nolmers06LGT

^ Thanks! I'd imagine an alignment is required for the LCA's, what about the SRB's?

Also, the sway bushings are fairly cheap- should I throw some of these on as well? I'm running stock sway components right now, and after seeing the OEM bushing material I feel like it couldn't hurt.

I'll be doing all of this in my garage with my girlfriend angrily timing me, so I'd like to keep the install time relatively low (got the old "you're spending too much time working on your car" speech when installing UP/DP a few weeks back:lol:).

The LCA bushings require a press, so just be prepared for that. I would budget a nice chunk of time for this, worst case you will finish quicker than expected. I would pass on the sway bushings if you plan to do the sways at some point.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/145749898/original.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://www.whiteline.com.au/images/logos/perf1.jpg

11+ Years Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Subaru Enthusiasts.

Call directly as We carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

• 2 weeks later...

I have several Whiteline products inc

-front lower control arm bushings

-anti dive kit

-front sway bar/endlinks

-rear sway bar/endlinks

-rear diff bushings

-steering rack bushings

i must say im pretty happy with Whiteline products, great fitment and customer support. the fact that the rack bushings came with the removal tool was a great addition. ive always wondered about Avo products but i dont own any yet. Just wanted to let everyone know i was happy with the WL items

Thanks for the feedback guys... I was really fishing for personal preferences, so this was perfect. I wasn't able to buy anything quite yet as my daughter's 1st Bday and Xmas drained my accounts. Plus, I quickly realized that there was a fat chance of me getting parts quickly with the holidays and snow. Patience will have to suffice.. When I get a chance I'll send Mike a PM.

After driving on the snow and ice for the past few days, I started questioning how stiff is too stiff. I know all of the bushings and other aftermarket suspension parts add NVH, but I'm trying to conceptualize where I can afford to increase rigidity. I'm thinking I need to do the LCA's because they look about shot anyway, but are the steering rack bushings relatively mild as far as NVH goes?

I really need to make sure that my daughter will be able to sleep in my car.. Which is why I've avoided a cat-back and regretted upgrading to a LW SMFW. The performance is worth it, but the loss of comfort definitely doesn't go unnoticed.

I would say the steering rack bushings are mild, i didnt notice any ride comfort change from those. i did notice better steering response and tightness but nothing that really changed ride comfort.

i feel your pain, my car has transformed from a "daily" into a stiff corner killing machine lol , these parts/cars are addicting. good luck on holding back.

You notice the rack bushings through the wheel but not through the chassis. Makes sense when you think about it.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

You notice the rack bushings through the wheel but not through the chassis. Makes sense when you think about it.

That does make sense.. I'm ok with that. Since posting this thread I've learned there are a few maintenance issues I need to resolve before I continue to upgrade.

My car has been inconsistent at idle - I'm planning to start by replacing the ground straps, look into swapping the OCV's, plugs, and replace rear O2.

One question - I know the rear 02 sensor provides feedback for the AF in the 32 bit ECU. Can running without one cause damage to the engine, or just cause the engine to run unsteady? I've read the threads about it and I know that it causes issues.. Just curious to the extent.

• Moderators
How much? My old one is seized up in my stock downpipe.. My O2 sensor tool rounded the hex to a cylinder. PB blaster, a torch, and frustration weren't enough to pull the dang thing.

Been there :mad:

Let me look at the part numbers and such. I didn't have it installed (came in another downpipe I had) so I'm not looking for much and I'm perfectly happy to refund your money less shipping (would be $4.90 for a flat rate box) if you want to give it a shot. PM me an email address and I can send you pics and any numbers from the sensor if you want, but I'm thinking $25?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived