LegacyGT.com

What does the USDM Spec B need to fire you up?

You know, this discussion sounds VERY familiar to me when we were talking about the "new" STi before it was released and everyone said "Why would people pay more for 30hp and some bodykit changes?".

This is when everyone still thought the STi was going to be a 2.0l and 260ish hp. Then Subaru dropped a bomb on everyone with the 300/300 2.5l . . . And they kept the secret GOOD too...Maybe they have something up their sleeves for the SpecB that they haven't released yet...

Hmmm....

But still, damnit, I want a fricking wagon. With standard transmission. And easy aftermarket radio :)

-Allen

+1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Argh...I'm tempted to put one on order, but without knowing if it'll have a bump in power, I can't justify paying MSRP. Well, that and not knowing what the price will be.

Realistically, the changes they've made are okay...but making a wagon version and having the NAV as an option would boost sales a lot. Giving a modest boost in power...say from 250 to 270-280 would really boost sales and yet keep the exclusivity of the WRX STi having the most HP. And it wouldn't take much modification to do.

Also quite weird that you cannot see the strut/spring in the picture with the tire only...what's with that? someone photochopped it out? Oh well, guess we will wait and see...the end of august is almost around, and that's when things will start making waves.

I've talked to a few different dealers and many feel that it will come with an HP bump, which is why its not immediately listed with the rest of the model information.

If this happens then suddenly I become a contender to purchase one.

The wife loves the silver titanium exterior, so I think I could talk her into it. ;)

I talked to a salesman in Des Moines today... Supposedly the "Subaru Guy." The first one was evidently could only try to sell me a mazda, even though I pulled up in the one I already have.

I asked "the Subaru Guy" if he knew anything about the upcoming GT Spec B. He thought a Spec B was a japanese-only twin turbo. Hasn't been that for several years now, and I didn't say RSK. Maybe he was playing dumb, but I have a feeling he makes his commissions peddling WRXs and Outbacks, and Legacys aren't exactly buying his lunch.

No literature, no nothing on the 06 cars, and only one new '05 Leg 2.5i sedan on the lot. No other Legacy to be seen. The unknowledgeable salesman says the Legacy grille has changed a tad bit for 06, though. I can't say I noticed that from the 06 pics thread...

They did have a pair of 06 outbacks, a 2.5i limited, and a green LLBean. Chrome headlights, and standard "Air Filtration". That'd be about the only changes. I wonder if the glovebox is hacked up with a handsaw as OEM on those...

El Salesman says it will likely be around the end of August when they get the 06 Legacys. But yet they'll get 2 Porsche Cayman S's in January, right as they become available. (yeah, sure they will)

• 1 year later...
Guest *Jedimaster*
350 hp/350lbft of torque

6 speed

much better cornering while keeping a good ride

working hvac

Yeah, well, I guess that isn't happening:lol:

JDM Bumpers would have me happy as a clam....I still argue they've ruined the cosmetics of a good design with the USDM version.

Hmmm, a thread brought back from the dead. Since it's been resurrected, I'll put in my two cents:

It needs a turbo H6.

A normally-aspirated H6 would be desirable, but I would prefer turbo.

It needs better NAV - I haven't experienced it myself, but hear that it does not compare favorably to other NAV systems.

I'm not a big fan of the Spec B wheels, but those are easily changed.

Archived