LegacyGT.com

Got towed

So, just an update. Picked up the wagon on Tuesday, while I did, I started a damage claim with the tow company.

It drove, as far as I can tell, nothing's broke, but as far as wear I can't really tell. It's not whining, nothing weird. It's really rainy up in Vancouver so slick roads..... I tried to test the diff a bit and gun it on a slippery road, seems fine.

The tow company contacted me and was surprisingly nice, but basically saying its fine if its not broke, and it driving without an obvious problem means its not broke.

I definitely want to get it looked at, I imagine its a pretty big job to inspect the inner workings of the diff, and not sure if its worth my while to do so. I know for a fact that the tow company won't pay for an inspection or any "wear" issues. What would you do??

Oh, not that anyone asked, but maybe somebody can learn from my poor choice. The whole experience with the fine, impound/towing fee, renewing my license has cost me a total of 760$.... Pretty expensive couple of drinks.

Oh well, could've been worse.....I am lucky

• 2 months later...
Do AT have tranny pans? Never looked at one. Drop that and get a fluid flush at least. I have a hard time accepting that if nothing is wrong nothing is wrong without even checking anything. I certainly would not be thrilled about the likely reduction in transmission life and reduction in value to you and would think that a fluid change/check would be worthwhile.

I know that's what everybody says, I blew between .05-.08, they don't give you a number. Depending on your size .05 is about one drink per hour. I could have easily drove around the checkstop, I drove right thru. But I am lucky. Just a warning, and 72 hour suspension.

The cop heard me ask the tow truck driver for dolly's, even repeated it.

I will try to contact her, and another towing firm and ask what protocol is for my car, and see what the cars like when I pick it up.

Thanks all.

1 drink is def more like .02 per hour. You obviously blew over .08 if you got your car towed since .08 is the legal limit. Either u drank a bunch or didnt wait at least 30 minutes before driving and blew higher than u were.

• Mega Users
Do AT have tranny pans? Never looked at one. Drop that and get a fluid flush at least. I have a hard time accepting that if nothing is wrong nothing is wrong without even checking anything. I certainly would not be thrilled about the likely reduction in transmission life and reduction in value to you and would think that a fluid change/check would be worthwhile.

There's a pan. The center diff is also pretty easy to remove and check for torn to shit parts.

1 drink is def more like .02 per hour. You obviously blew over .08 if you got your car towed since .08 is the legal limit. Either u drank a bunch or didnt wait at least 30 minutes before driving and blew higher than u were.

:orly:

Immediate Roadside Prohibitions (IRPs) – 3, 7, 30 and 90 Days

If a peace officer suspects you are impaired by alcohol while having the care or control of a motor vehicle they can request you provide a sample of your breath into an Approved Screening Device (ASD) to measure your blood alcohol content. The officer is required to offer you a second opportunity to provide a sample of your breath into a different ASD – if the results differ, the lower of the two results will prevail.

If the device reads WARN (Your breath sample contains a BAC of not less than 0.05) police will:

• Seize your driver’s licence
  • Issue you a 'Notice of Prohibition' which will start immediately – removing your driving privileges – the length of which depends on prior IRP convictions (if any)
    • 3-day driving prohibition if it is the first time caught in the warn range;
    • 7-day driving prohibition if it is the second time caught in the warn range within five years; or
    • 30-day driving prohibition if it is the third time caught in the warn range within five years.

Archived