LegacyGT.com

Best spark plugs?

• I Donated Too
If you're going to go through the trouble of a grounding mod, may I suggest going all the way and just do the big 3 mod. As the book says: Half measures availed us nothing.

Use welding cable, It's better and cheaper.

Fellow friend of Bill W.?

After abit of research I found it to be NGK FX61

is this correct??

Thanks

this will work. its the same set i ripped off of a 1998 impreza wagon while i was at a junk yard. the thing got totaled, had brand new wires on it. i ripped the coil also, got both for 14 bucks. the cables have the same specs as our stock cables, the only difference are the coil ends. male vs female. also, the driver side cables have a 90 deg bend in there to avoid hitting the throttle cables.

i just bought a set of bosch iridium plugs and wires. anyone have any opinions on this brand for use in subies? i run them in my truck and they do great, just wondering what people though of these on legacies.

I've used the iridium plugs before and noticed no difference. Iridiums were designed for newer cars that don't recommend replacing plugs for 100,000 miles or some goofyassnumber. Subies are so easy to do. If it was my old GMC Jimmy then I might consider it. That number 6 plug had 0 access. I use regular NGKs in mine and it runs great. Be careful with your aluminum heads.
RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Bit of an Update

I've ordered

NGK FX61 Wires $47.71

NGK BKR6IEX-11 $ 7.45 each

MSD 8239 $ 90

I received the coil overnight but when it turned up i found the coil to be cracked

:mad: so I'm in a depute currently with the company because they don't cover shipping damages although the box it was shipped in wasn't damaged it was the actual MSD box which means it was damaged before they even packed it. Hopefully it gets resolved shortly

IMG_3197.JPG.203c59ef23ee09e7dd0580667e96a4f7.JPG

Bit of an Update

I've ordered

NGK FX61 Wires $47.71

NGK BKR6IEX-11 $ 7.45 each

MSD 8239 $ 90

I received the coil overnight but when it turned up i found the coil to be cracked

:mad: so I'm in a depute currently with the company because they don't cover shipping damages although the box it was shipped in wasn't damaged it was the actual MSD box which means it was damaged before they even packed it. Hopefully it gets resolved shortly

Bastards! :mad:

Archived