LegacyGT.com

Another LGT bites the dust

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You close your eyes.. generally when you're very tired.

Or you kinda just space out, like day dreaming.

No shit Sherlock. I asked him though. To touch on your second statement, if you are the kind of person that day dreams to the point that you crash, you should not have a drivers license.

Driving tired is actually worse then driving drunk - http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/about-this-show/tired-vs-drunk-driving.htm

We've all been there though. I was curious as to the details of why he was that tired and decided to get behind the wheel.

Jweb, are you high?

No, not at all. It sucks. I feel for him. But dude could have killed someone and all I see are posts saying sorry about the car man. So I think that when I ask a question about the details, my fellow LGTers should not take offense.

No shit Sherlock. I asked him though. To touch on your second statement, if you are the kind of person that day dreams to the point that you crash, you should not have a drivers license.

Driving tired is actually worse then driving drunk - http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/about-this-show/tired-vs-drunk-driving.htm

We've all been there though. I was curious as to the details of why he was that tired and decided to get behind the wheel.

I was physically exausted from a cold that I've had for a week now. I was driving home from work.

dude could have killed someone and all I see are posts saying sorry about the car man. So I think that when I ask a question about the details, my fellow LGTers should not take offense.

Posting the thread to begin with and being honest about the situation not only with himself but with his wife and his insurance co. is indicative of an individual who understands the gravity of the situation and is willing to share it as a cautionary tale, seemingly, with the hope that others will not repeat his mistake. Read between the lines here - exile into a Chevy Malibu while eating an upside down loan on the car you really like and looking like a f--king moron to your wife, your friends and the entire community is a somewhat reasonable amount of punishment. Certainly he will have time to think about it while getting places driving an econobox slow. :redface:

...I tore part of my abdominal muscles from the seatbelt not sitting properly...I doubt I will get another LGT for quite some time. My wife wasnt very fond of it. If anything I'll end up buying a good commuter car. Maybe a Chevy Malibu. I dont have gap coverage so I am kinda screwed on the lgt atm. Going to end up owing 3-4k after insurance.After last night I wont be getting another LGT or anything like it for a while.

Posting the thread to begin with and being honest about the situation not only with himself but with his wife and his insurance co. is indicative of an individual who understands the gravity of the situation and is willing to share it as a cautionary tale, seemingly, with the hope that others will not repeat his mistake. Read between the lines here - exile into a Chevy Malibu while eating an upside down loan on the car you really like and looking like a f--king moron to your wife, your friends and the entire community is a somewhat reasonable amount of punishment. Certainly he will have time to think about it while getting places driving an econobox slow. :redface:

Thanks Max.

yeah true, but if he was taking any type of medication that is not recommended to be taking while driving I have zero sympathy and really pissed he put others at risk.

if he simply made a honest mistake and fell asleep, then yeah its an accident.

torque impresses girrls, hp impresses flat-bills

Why are you guys looking to pin something on this guy that just didn't happen?

This isn't friggin' CSI fools...accidents happen, so quit being assholes.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ImT7c-Obp0k/ScLtRowrkqI/AAAAAAAAACI/J6Vd_BlzyUM/s320/horatio.JPG

Archived