LegacyGT.com

3 Gauges package from LGT B4

fzanetti

Face it, apparently Subaru really targeted the budget minded consumer with this car. I guess this guy & his pep boys' gauges just illustrate that point.

Im not doing the Pep Boys guages and Im not cheap but $850 + for these guages is a REASONABLE price. Get what you want but that nuts to me. Ill spend my 850 a different way.

I'll take the bang for the buck option...keep the guages. I just orderd a Perrin TMIC & Turbo Inlet hose for about 100.00 more than these guages are currently selling for;)

Wait a year, I am sure the price will be cut in half...if not less:)

They are very nice guages though....I am sure they will eventually find there way into my cubby!

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Just got off the phone with Shawn @ rallispec yesterday afternoon. AVO will be coming out with DIRECT REPLACEMENT turbos in the next 90-120 days. 3 turbo options were mentioned:

Needless to say these were the HP figures

Guages...........Whhhaaat?

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I'll take the bang for the buck option...keep the guages. I just orderd a Perrin TMIC & Turbo Inlet hose for about 100.00 more than these guages are currently selling for;)

Wait a year, I am sure the price will be cut in half...if not less:)

They are very nice guages though....I am sure they will eventually find there way into my cubby!

$950 for a TMIC makes a lot more sense to me or $1200 for the High flow d/p and AP with stage #2. None of this stuff is cheap I know that ... but come on tell me that $1200 for 3 guages that you have to install is not crazy.

Maybe a homebrew version? Anyone brave enough to make this a project with local parts? I think there's a picture out on the web that shows the insides of the gauge pod. My quickie thinking:

- gut the cubby hole

- need 3 gauges (technically whatever you want)

- most gauges are held in by a cup + clamp

- the mounting bracket is usually attached to the clamp

- since the clamp can be rotated

- left gauge has at least 180 degrees of "mountability"

- middle gauge can only be mounted 12 o'clock or 6 o'clock

- right gauge has at least 180 degrees of "mountability"

- gauge will always be wider than mount

- gauges may have trim so removal might allow gauges to sit closer

- mounting plate to create "floor" to mount gauges

- "floor" will provide stability so gauge pod doesn't rock back and forth

- gauges can me mounted straight or tilted toward driver

- need thin plastic sheet as cover unless an open design uses the door as a "hider"

- tilting gauges may provide more space or use more space

If there's people that are crazy enough to pull out the spare tire and put in 10" speakers... A gauge pod?

Not sure about pricing but I'll take a stab and say ~350$.

Obviously some gauges will cost more than others but I bought an A/F and boost gauge for my prelude. I think they cost me about 70$ each with a mount cup and ring. I think just the gauge is like 55-60$. Ok it was an autometer gauge =P. I picked the SportComp series. Not bad. Sure there's no cool sweep. But it matched the interior. White numbers, black face, orangy-red needle. So:

3 gauges + mounting kit = 70 x 3 = $210

1 square ft of sheetmetal = ? (should be plenty)

Black plastic to just show the gauges = ?

Piece of clear plastic as cover = ?

1 STI vinyl sticker = ?

I think triple gauges in the cubby is HOT.

There was another post where a guy put in a boost guage and a exhaust temp. guage. Looked pretty nice and he said it cost him about $280 and some work. If this can be done for about $300 +/- it would not be a bad deal. Do a search.

Sorry to come off like a dick. Now that I rethought it....its really not worth $1000. It never was. Funny how I was thinking of getting them when I never really thought getting "normal" Defi gauges was worthwhile. At any rate, considering the gauges and such, $1000 doesn't seem so horrible....just not something everyone would consider worthwhile:)

People can get what they want with their money. I was passing some judgement with my opinion but it was just that -my opinion. They do look nice just not $1000+ nice. Maybe if they dont sell the price will drop.

Just got off the phone with Shawn @ rallispec yesterday afternoon. AVO will be coming out with DIRECT REPLACEMENT turbos in the next 90-120 days. 3 turbo options were mentioned:

Needless to say these were the HP figures

Guages...........Whhhaaat?

I was actually considering buying these gauges (or spending an equally crazy amount of money custom-mounting a Defi BF setup) until I saw your post. Thank you for saving me from an orange-haired clown nut-kicking. :D:lol:

• 2 months later...
I have them in my Gt. It has boost , oil temp, oil press. The kit comes with the oil filter adapter for the sensors. Got it from Rallispec in N.J. They are made by Defi, and are marked STI Genome on the left side. Stryker posted some photos some time ago. and also were installed in my previous GT wagon . (GRP photos post).

Good investment, high quality, goes with the Gt personality....

Do these gauges have an alarm or peak hold? Do they do the needle sweep at start up? It doesn't look like it. These are the exact same gauges (but for LHD) that SOA just put out for $775.

So the gauges I find nothing out about from the dealers are the same ones! Hmmm...my local dealer tends to do 20% off for me anyway....$620 isn't HORRIBLE for a set of guages. My understanding is that these do match the factory gauges so they do sweep at startup. They do lack the alarm and peak functions of regular DEFI gauges though. Figure a guy in another post spend $550 or so for a similar setup using different (cheaper) gauges.

Archived