LegacyGT.com

Somebody help me Please.!!!! I'm drowning

Hey guys, in need of an expert. I installed a Perrininlet tube couple days ago. EVerything's reconnected and accounted for. Car is now running lean. AFR's reading 14.7 initially then slowly creeping up to 20.This is all at idle. Boost is reading .2....at idle..doesn't even move, under pressure or otherwise.:confused::spin: I'm in MD..afraid to even drive it to a mechanic.

Go over your connections until you find the leak. Did you ziptie all the spigots and hoses? Should be easy to find the leak by spraying ether or carb cleaner around the inlet until the idle speed changes.

Have you been in boost since installing the inlet hose? Did you somehow disconnect the MAP sensor by mistake?

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Definitely a leak somewhere post MAF and probably pre-turbo based on your AFRs. Your turbo is sucking in lots of unmetered air pushing you way lean.

Did the inlet make a proper seal all the way around? I'm thinking it may not have seated well on the bottom side of the turbo, so it looks alright from the top, but its sucking in air from the bottom side.

I don't have an explanation for the boost readings though. Where is your boost reading coming from: gauge, logs, etc?

It's cool; I'm with the band

Using accessport to read. Sprayed the vacuum lines..no change. Sprayed by inlet...no change. I must say, the tube on the lil circle foam thingy, that goes to the MAP sensor is a little slack. The idle changed a lil bit when I sprayed there

If you're getting the reading from the AP and it is reading basically 0, then I believe whatever line you left off must be one directly connected to the intake manifold, since the AP gets its reading from the ECU which reads directly from the manifold. I could be mistaken about this... but if I'm right it could help you narrow things down a tiny bit.

Check the line that goes to the MAP sensor.

• Mega Users
Using accessport to read. Sprayed the vacuum lines..no change. Sprayed by inlet...no change. I must say, the tube on the lil circle foam thingy, that goes to the MAP sensor is a little slack. The idle changed a lil bit when I sprayed there

:spin:

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Check the line that sits right under the intercooler. There's a small line that goes into the block under there. It came off during my boost gauge install and gave me weird readings. I bet that's causing your pressure reading issue, not sure if that would let enough air in to lean out as bad as you are though.
It's cool; I'm with the band

If you have a air compressor, take a pint size paint can put it in the hose off the air filter box.

Pull the small hose on the BOV. Give it a short blast of air, then put your thumb over the hose. Listen for a leak.

You should also zip tie all the vacuum hoses.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You guys are awesome. Crisis almost averted. I relocated a tube (Fuzzy foam Filtered tube running from MAP sensor) to intake manifold, but now I don't have a tube runnin to, what I believe is, the purge valve. Boost readings are back. Just need figure out the layout with the vacuum lines in the front...By the alternator..

FSM or opposedforces.com for parts diagram.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Archived