LegacyGT.com

Another ecuflash isse

09anderson

Don't flash someones custom map on your car. it's not a good idea. I don't know why you're not listening to this fact.

If you have an AP, just flash that map and be done--what's so hard about that?

I just bought this car dude kept the accessport and still has a protune on the ap fir this car. I was jus asking a question dude no need to get butthurt

stage 2 ots cobb maps are 16psi, according to sources- i never personally used AP maps. if you want to custom tune through the AP you need accessTuner software to modify and make custom maps- or you can use the ots maps that come on the AP. the only way to open source is to completely unmarry the AP (where it flashes the stock, or previous, map back on the ecu). then you can use a tactrix and ecuflash.

AP maps can't be converted to open source format, no. if you want to be open source you need to start over with the stock map or a base map. with the link i posted there are a few stage 2 base maps that aren't terrible but use at your own risk and be sure to learn knock protection strategy and listening ranges before trying them.

the typical starting point with people new to tuning is to zero the max wgdc table and pull 2 or 3 degrees of timing from loads above 2g/r....log, and then slowly work your way up- it might take many flashes but better safe than sorry! it's not as simple as you might think and you need to stay reasonable in your targets. the subie newbie tuning guide is a great start and read if you want to know about subaru ecu's and tuning them.... google it- well worth spending a half hour or an hour reading it. since no one is stopping you from messing with your shit I guess I'll spread some advice..

Archived