LegacyGT.com

2000 LGT Wagon build

Thanks!

The auto is Ok, it holds gears long if you have your foot in it and seems to do pretty well in big elevation changes. Personally, I'm in my 40's and I've had plenty of stick shifts in my life, but living in LA, pretty much no one wants a stick & I wouldn't have bought it without the automatic.

I really wish I had about 100 extra HP though.... it's such a slug compared to my M45. I think 250 or so would be just right for this car, not fast, but enough.

LOL... I live in LA too, and I'm saving up for a 6MT/R180 swap in my H6!!! Haha I can't stand the auto!

Then again, I can't even say I'm in my 20's yet, so I guess being young & stupid is kind of a hard thing to hide hahaha.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, but for me this car is a cruiser, DD and delivery ride, something I just want to get in and go. I'm over the whole ultimate performance mindset, I was there though, for a good 15 years or so and I can definitely relate to that. Update this post in about 12 years and lets see if you're like me "screw a manual" LOL ;)

I did get the Impreza top mounts for the front, I think they were less than 20 each. I'd say the drop is about 1.5" at the most, I wish it was about 1" more, but this drop is 100% practical and my other car is slammed (a lug nut fits under the cats) so it's all good.

I hear you. I spent a week in LA on my honeymoon and the traffic was brutal. I wouldn't trade my manual legacy for a damn thing though...unless it was an R33 Skyline haha

My beater is also a manual...sometimes I wish I had an auto in that... or a third car with an auto.

I could suck start a snow blower.

I'm too used to luxury cars with V8s at this point. My M45 is faster than any car I've ever owned with right around 340 hp/tq and magazine rated 0-60 in 5.5, electronically limited to 150 mph, so that's good enough for me. It shifts fast and smooth and if I really want it, I can put it in sport shift and control the shifts, although I never do except very rare occasions. Before the M I had a Q45 for 6 years which had the older generation Nissan V8, but still all the torque just spoiled me when I realized I can keep up with most (and beat many) "sports" cars in a big luxury sedan in silence and comfort.

• 2 weeks later...

Look out for my Infiniti M45 coming up on Stancenation.com for a feature in about 4 weeks. We shot it a couple weeks ago in an industrial complex.

Took this pic of the wag locking up shop the other night, though it looked pretty good at this angle

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z216/kdfalk/null_zpse8b30cf9.jpg

Finally ordered a new passenger side rear door to replace the dented up one on there now. Also ordered a Honda Odyssey rear wiper arm and Valeo blade (thanks for the tip Yaya20), and a new set of generic frameless wiper blades for the front. Should update the look a bit and having a straight door will make the passenger side look as nice as the driver side.

• 2 months later...

small update: the rear door is at my buddies shop (3 weeks now lol) but should be on the car next week. Installed the Honda Odyssey rear wiper arm which was a piece of cake and it looks super clean, the new front frameless blades look very nice too.

Replaced the alternator about 6 weeks ago, and we finally connected the ground on the 4th-gen steering wheel so my supertones horns work again :D

• 3 weeks later...
06 engine cover cut in 1/2, one of the mount bolts is already there, on the other side I drilled 2 holes and zip-tied it down. No rattles or noises, looks clean, too bad blurry pic.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z216/kdfalk/null_zps9c79df45.jpg

This looks REALLY clean. Besides the 2 holes you had to drill in the cover, does it snap in perfectly?

Thanks! I'm all about clean and nice fit on my rides. Even with kids riding in the back, I keep it all clean.

Anyhow, I re-did it with a black zip-tie so you don't notice it at all now where I drilled it. It doesn't snap to anything though. You can tell the engine must be laid out nearly the same on newer ones the fit is so close, but you can also tell that things are definitely moved around a bit in other places. Overall though, it's a good fit and definitely cleans up and modernizes the engine compartment.

Still haven't gotten my passenger back door on yet though. It's all prepped and ready to go, just waiting for my friends shop to slow down so they can fit me in! Ahh the price you pay to get the hookup LOL. I'm gonna have them paint all the door moldings/bumpers so that only one door doesn't look perfect and pretty much all dings / marks are only on the moldings. So I figure that will clean up the overall appearance of the car that little bit more. Hopefully drop it off on Monday. But that was the plan last Monday and I could tell they had a ton of work when I went over.....

I'm going to think about the Cover idea. It looks very clean. As far as the shop goes, just wait it out as long as it doesn't take more than a couple months. The feeling of getting great deals on car modding is literally half the fun. At least for me it is lol.

I dropped it off today! Finally LOL. Gave him the keys and said I'm not coming back till it's done.

Now I can finally do a proper detail on the paint after I get it back to make it as good as it's gonna be without a full re-paint.

• 2 weeks later...

Update with pics. Got the car back, looks as near perfect as I need it to, it's all nice and straight now.

Put in the speakers and could even re-use the stock plastic angled cup things with them, even the wire harness on the fronts, piece of cake. The rears I had to cut the wires, but other than that probably as easy as you could ask for. New speakers sound better, but still needs some bass so I guess I have to get a sub. I think my Infiniti has 12 speakers, so I can't exactly expect 4 speakers to sound the same lol

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z216/kdfalk/IMG_4031_zps0555d14b.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z216/kdfalk/IMG_4030_zpse199572b.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z216/kdfalk/IMG_4029_zpsba4ff349.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z216/kdfalk/IMG_4027_zpseca22238.jpg

No more dented up pass rear door!

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z216/kdfalk/IMG_4038_zps442bdab6.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z216/kdfalk/IMG_4036_zps6866a4d9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
installed Raybestos PG front rotors and matching pads that I got off someone on here brand new for a bargain. Painted the hat part black, blends perfectly with the wheels, and my guess is the ones that I took off were the originals by the amount of rust on the edges (so-cal, not much rain.....) and how thin they were. No vibrations, but I'd had these rotors sitting in the box since Jan/Feb, so figured I may as well put them on before going to Vegas in a few weeks. Nice and quiet, smooth, no squeaks, stops nicely. Looking forward to driving to Vegas, will be the longest road trip taken with it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

decided not to sell it LOL

So I put new wheels on it. Wedssport SA-15r in GBC finish, which IMO is the perfect accent to the factory color. These wheels have given me a whole new appreciation of the car. The old SA-60r will be in the FS forum soon if they haven't already sold locally

IMG_4966_e.thumb.jpg.fb91fbb7f7fd5038fff921a596065d05.jpg

IMG_4968.thumb.jpg.7e0555c847d7bc8379c5b432454578fe.jpg

IMG_4954.thumb.jpg.394cd5be93101e0fbdc2d4f177ca0002.jpg

yep! 1/2" wider than old ones, still using the 215's from the old ones too which give a bit more stretch and you can see the wheel lip nicely. I want to max out the factory eccentric bolts though and see if I can at least get a little camber on it, the wheels are way too straight for my taste.

Nice! Can you post more pics of the SA-15Rs? I'm actually looking at picking up a set (or the SA-10Rs) for my WRX wagon, but I'm curious about how concave they are, how they look in different light, etc.

yep! 1/2" wider than old ones, still using the 215's from the old ones too which give a bit more stretch and you can see the wheel lip nicely. I want to max out the factory eccentric bolts though and see if I can at least get a little camber on it, the wheels are way too straight for my taste.

Haha nice.

Any clearance issues at this ride height (rubbing on bumps/turns/under load)? And do you think there would be issues if you had instead fitted a 235mm or 245 mm tire?

No clearance issues at all but there never were with the others. Fitment on this is about the same, just lil bit wider rim. Wider tires would definitely need to roll or cut the rear fenders, but at my height it's not an issue even with the car loaded. If it was lower, I'd get the rear fenders rolled 100%.

Archived