LegacyGT.com

Subaru STi deadly accident, driven by teens - CLOSED

octain11

There seems to be an assumption floating around here that if the same kid was in a less powerful car, he would have driven that car completely within its limits. Personally, I don't think that horsepower killed those people - bad judgement did. That's all it takes, and a person can exercise bad judgement in any car.

Eh, sure, there's no direct link to high hp and crazy accidents, but it certainly increases the odds of having one! That much faster to crossing the limit means that much higher of a probability of exceeding said limits.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

look at the grill closely to the far side,those are the BBS similar to the wrx limited, but the bbs are larger and indent outwards more

http://www.nypost.com/r/nypost/2012/10/09/news/web_photos/121008MVAMalvernNY12WC132900--525x415.jpg

As the driver, he is going to wish he had died. Kid is going to do jail time for sure. We had a similar type of accident involving alcohol here in RI last fall. The car (fox body mustang) was torn in half but EVERYONE survived. The driver is going to prison for five years mininum.

Tragic regardless at how you look at this.

new reports say that he was under the influence, one of my friends is facebook friends with him and the drive has a picture of himself smoking marijuana. i dont know too much about the law, he is 17, so would be be tried as minor or an adult?, similar things like these i have seen 17 year old's tried as adults. where is KBR when we need him :lol:

Clarkson's brain is as stationary as all these kids. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Series 3, Episode 5: Tree damage

During the fifth episode of series three, Clarkson crashed a Toyota Hilux into a tree, during a segment in which he attempts to prove the sturdiness and reliability of the truck, through a series of torture tests.[37] The tree belonged to the Churchill Parish in Somerset. The villagers presumed that the damage had been accidental, or that someone had vandalised the tree, until the Top Gear episode was broadcast. After the BBC was contacted, the director of Top Gear admitted guilt and the broadcaster paid compensation.[3

Episode 1: Brain injury insensitivity

The BBC apologised to a number of Top Gear viewers following comments made during the first episode of series nine. Clarkson asked Hammond following his 370 km/h (230 mph) crash, "Are you now a mental?", which was followed by James May offering Richard Hammond a tissue "in case he dribbled". The BBC claimed the comments were meant as a joke, but also claimed they saw how the comments could cause offence to certain viewers

• I Donated Too
Clarkson's brain is as stationary as all these kids. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Series 3, Episode 5: Tree damage

During the fifth episode of series three, Clarkson crashed a Toyota Hilux into a tree, during a segment in which he attempts to prove the sturdiness and reliability of the truck, through a series of torture tests.[37] The tree belonged to the Churchill Parish in Somerset. The villagers presumed that the damage had been accidental, or that someone had vandalised the tree, until the Top Gear episode was broadcast. After the BBC was contacted, the director of Top Gear admitted guilt and the broadcaster paid compensation.[3

Episode 1: Brain injury insensitivity

The BBC apologised to a number of Top Gear viewers following comments made during the first episode of series nine. Clarkson asked Hammond following his 370 km/h (230 mph) crash, "Are you now a mental?", which was followed by James May offering Richard Hammond a tissue "in case he dribbled". The BBC claimed the comments were meant as a joke, but also claimed they saw how the comments could cause offence to certain viewers

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/grand/wtfg_fkdk.gif

tragic, only posted beacuse make and model

1 of 4 threads posted on here since

I say combine them into a super thread

and we can all rant about the unfit parents and how lucky/spoiled the kid is

well, not anymore...

condolences to the loved ones of the lost

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

ok, ok. So maybe a Corolla was a bad choice for my example. But history has shown that fast, sporty cars + teen drivers = death trap.

There's a good reason insurance is so high on wrx/STi's

Fixed. Totally agree with NSFW. It's not the car, it's the bad decisions. Some kids will be fine with an STI, some won't. Those same kids who won't, still won't in a 1994 Buick Century.

Every teen should be required to attend. Local BMWCCA's also run them

If you have a child of driving age, you should INSIST they attend. It doesn't matter if they have a 36HP VW, they can be killed if they don't understand the limit and what happens when they exceed it.

http://streetsurvival.org/

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

I'm not sure even driving schools can help.

Throw a kid on a dirt bike, four wheeler, dune buggy, shoot even a lawn mower while they are young. not a full sized deal, but correctly sized, and it will help to learn about driving and control. physic's don't change weather its 50 cc's or 2500

my condolences to the families

I'm not sure even driving schools can help.

Throw a kid on a dirt bike, four wheeler, dune buggy, shoot even a lawn mower while they are young. not a full sized deal, but correctly sized, and it will help to learn about driving and control. physic's don't change weather its 50 cc's or 2500

my condolences to the families

Read the link:rolleyes:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

My parents wouldn't let me have a sedan as my first car, had to be a SUV. When I was then allowed to drive my moms 300zx, I definitely have some reflections of 'damn that was dangerous & stupid'.

Young drivers make mistakes, but a STi in a 17yr olds hands is a parents mistake.

Read the link:rolleyes:

:confused: I'm not sure I get what your saying. They teach you the limits of your car. that's nice, but its still driving school.

Years of driving off road toys ≠ a couple days in a car with an instructor on a closed course

:confused: I'm not sure I get what your saying. They teach you the limits of your car. that's nice, but its still driving school.

Years of driving off road toys ≠ a couple days in a car with an instructor on a closed course

The question is, when was the last time a teen lost control of a car???? At driving school? How about in the wet?

RWD, AWD, FWD????????

They can either learn the hard way, and die or get lucky. Do you feel lucky about your kid's life? Or they can learn on a closed course in the car that they will drive.

Or do you presume that your child, acting like a child, will never, ever go too fast, because YOU NEVER did that:rolleyes:

As usual Robin is right.

As a teen I managed to roll a golf cart. The Duke boys and their General Lee had nothing on my '78 VW Rabbit (well nothing 'cept seat belts, roll cage, ...). Some how I made it to adulthood, though God may not only have been co-pilot He must have drove cause I have no idea how I got home sometimes.

Archived