LegacyGT.com

CT people?

LacythaLeggy09

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why buy in store when you can buy online cheaper? I've never been to a local store that can get me parts cheaper then internet vendord for the same price

Says the guy that never buys anything from shops besides gaskets and associated cheap parts lol. I like submits personally

Why buy in store when you can buy online cheaper? I've never been to a local store that can get me parts cheaper then internet vendord for the same price

Well said tucker

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Why buy in store? I dunno to support your local CT residents, businessman, local economy. Also, the support you typically get from a local business is a heck of a lot better than most online vendors.

It's good to shop around, but when possible, buy local. To save $6 here or $3 here isnt a great arguement. If you cant afford that, you likely shouldnt be modding your car in the first place.

Im a fan of ordering online for convenience (usually for smaller items), but as far as saving money goes... I try to give back to my local community as well. If i have a big purchase to make, and online is $600, and locally is $650... i will almost always try to go local.

Or I will order online from a ct company, and pay to ship... again for convenience.

I'm a frugal ****. I'm all about supporting the little guy. I buy most of my non performance parts from milford auto supply. But...

I make 36k a year. I have a mortgage to account for and a wedding to save for. A house and dog to care for. For those of us who don't make mad baller disposable income money, nickle and diming works well. Its because of doing that, that I can afford to live comfortably while still doing the things I would like to.

I hear ya man... Im not about throwing money away either. :)

mortgage on 36k a year/single income... That's gotta be tough.

Sometimes i wish i rented forever.

Me too, but I felt like I was throwing my money away after years of renting. Its worth it though.

I do miss renting because of the included heat, everything gets fix and no yardwork but at the same time I love my land and privacy of owning a home. Yea owning a home sucks sometimes but overall I think it's worth it in the end. Just like a car we all want to own something it makes most people feel more accomplished and proud that they worked hard for it.
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Yep... And pending your situation, and time that you bought, etc... Most financial advisors will tell you that the arguement of 'throwing your money away,' is a bad one.

I never really understood american's fascination of owning a home as a display of accomplishment. It's sometimes an indicator of success, but often times it's not... Hence, 2008. We're just hardwired to grow up... Rent... Save... Waste savings to buy house... own a house... have less dispensable income. :lol: What it does allow is for us to 'own something' later in life for when we need money. Americans are shitty savers. So I guess if that's the only way we save, i guess it's better than nothing!

Hey, If it works for you, that's the biggest thing. And take my rant with a grain of salt, it wasnt directed at anyone in particular, just us 'muricans as a group :)

Just like a car we all want to own something it makes most people feel more accomplished and proud that they worked hard for it.

And i think we all buy into this subconciously more than we like to think we do...

Last i was renting, it was a 1200sqft 3 bedroom one bath house with .22 acres of land and a galley kitchen for 1250 a month plus utilities. After two years of the last place I got so aggravated with all the bullshit associated with renting. Cant do this, can't change that, no fire pit outdoors, can't use the fireplace, have to park in the two car driveway, can't park on the gravel next to the driveway that was designed for parking there. Cant paint the exterior wall that is flaking and looks like shit. Cant put a vent fan in the bathroom.

The place before that was even worse woth the rules.

I bought a 1750sqft 4 bedroom, 2 bath house with an acre of land a mile as the crow flies from my old rental. My mortgage is 1050 a month. Now I do all the maintenance on the house, I can do whatever the **** I want to it, and if I'm really so inclined I could paint giant dicks all over the exterior with no repercussion.

Maybe its a feeling of control. Maybe its because I'm young (was 22 when I bought it) and an idiot. I see it as an investment. I bought the house well below market value, half a mile from UNH and plan to rent it out myself when I want out of west haven.

I spent a good amnt of time driving to the VA to see my dad. I know that area well.

Sometimes the math works. But... What's more important, is that it works for you.

We left our awesome apartment cuz I was too sensitive to other people's noise... So tens of thousands of dollars later.... I solved that problem. :lol:

I spent a good amnt of time driving to the VA to see my dad. I know that area well.

Sometimes the math works. But... What's more important, is that it works for you.

We left our awesome apartment cuz I was too sensitive to other people's noise... So tens of thousands of dollars later.... I solved that problem. :lol:

West haven is an interesting place. I'm on the orange/ west haven line off of rt 34. Most people that aren't from west haven swear it can't be west haven. I used to live off campbell ave which was pretty ******* sketchy at times.

+1 on other peoples noise. Twice I moved and twice I ended up 1/4 mile from a fire station. This time I did it right, I'm far enough away I can't hear EVERY single call go out but close enough that I know I won't have an issue.

Yep, I work a shit-ton in the havens, so im always down that way.... They all deteriorate very quickly... However, they also have some amazing parts of town. I guess just like most places!

I took this past friday off to shovel the rest of the rock away from the house. I ended up dumping it all in the woods and I will be getting new rock (river rock) to replace it. We ended up planting about 12-15 plants around the house, taking the pool covers off and replacing a light outside the 3rd garage that was broken. Between friday and yesterday I have done so much work around my house but it feels good. We are re-doing the landscaping around the entire house for under $500 and it would prob cost $1,500-$2,000 to have it done professionally.
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

3 holly's

2 hydrangia's*

10 perennials

6 hasta's*

3 yards of river rock plus delivery

plus i took out and dumped all the old rock which was inches thick it sucked

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

eh its fine i was told its not bad to maintain plus we need some color in the winter when all our trees loose their leaves. We do not have any evergreens in our yard
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Archived