LegacyGT.com

LGT vs. TL 6spd. vs. Charger R/T Hemi.....

edmundu

What a morning! I don't know where to start....I'm not even going to mention the 3rd car, yes 3rd car I ran with this morning!!! Well maybe I will, but not until the end.

Run #1 Acura TL 6spd.

As I was getting onto the highway onramp, I saw in front of me a nice black TL, it looked familiar, and it was! This was the same guy I schooled a few months back when I had AP stg1! I kinda knew there was going to be a scuffle, but I wondered why would he bother after I schooled him the last time?

He added mods. He had put new wheels/tires, lowered it, and put in a CAI. That vtec is one sweet sounding engine once it kicks in! That thing was a wailing banshee!!!

Back to the race, traffic was light, but we had to clear a van before we could get on it. Well the TL was in front so he was able to stand on it a bit sooner than I , so right off the bat he pulled about 2 car lengths. I ensued, and started to real him in (we started from a 65mph roll), so I left it in 4th, this could also explain losing that initial 2 cars, anyhow, As we started winding out 4th I was absolutely reeling him in steadily. By the end of 4th, I had made up the 2 car deficit, and NOW I have the 2 car lead!!! I'm into 5th already, and then my pulling away from him comes to a sudden halt? Yes, of course, the damn top speed limiter!!! Totally forgot about it... Oh well, I still was able to show the TL my tailights!

Afterwards, we slowed down, and he pulled alongside, and said

Him: "F@ck, that thing is fast! You came around me even though I know I punched it before you!"

Me: " I was wondering why you wanted a piece of me again, nice CAI car sounds sweet! I guess you'll need a little more than that next time! It was fun, see ya later!"

Him: "Yeah, I added the wheels, dropped it, and put in the CAI about 2 mths ago. I thought it was a little closer than last time though?"

Me: "Yeah, I think you may be right. It was a fun run though. See ya around."

Run #2 Charger R/T Hemi

A few miles after me the TL finished duking it out, a big black Charger had pulled up behind us. The TL had to exit within a 1/2 mile, so he didn't get into it. I'm not sure but, I think the Charger's original target may have been the TL, but he was more than happy to take me on.

We had to drive a mile or so, to get some open asphalt, all the time we would be rolling on the throttle for short bursts, and it seemed like I should be able to take him, but we'll see once there's some room....

We got a nice stretch, and he was behind me, because I had been in front, but unlike the TL, I waited for him before I punched it, as he came up behind me nose lifted, I knew he was on it, so I floored it, I started pulling on him, but not as steadily as with the TL. I was able to put 4 cars between us, though! The only thing that stopped the party was me AGAIN bouncing off the top speed limiter!

I slowed down, and waited for him, because traffic was real light, and I wanted to go from a slower roll, plus have a conversation with him.

Our chat:

Me: " That's a hemi, right?"

Him: " Yeah, a hemi. What do you have in that thing?"

Me: " Turbo 4cyl. about 280hp."

Him: " That thing is fast, definitely surprised me. I was looking to go at it with the blk TL."

Me " Oh, just before you got on, we just finished, I had him by 4-5 cars. IT would have been real close between you!"

Him " I need to get some mods. How about we try it from a lower speed?"

Me " Sure!"

We lined up and were at a steady 50mph, I was in 3rd, him an auto. I waited for him to kick down a gear, and floor it. He did, and so did I, and I right away pulled 1 car in 3rd, I added another 3 in 4th, and I grabbed 5th but we had come up on some traffic, so we shut it down.

Even from a lower speed, I was clearly more powerful. Afterwards we gave each other the thumbs up and went on our way.

3rd car:

I called up mmm def, because I needed to tell someone! And he answered, " What did you race now?" I told him, and as I was telling him, there appeared in my mirror a grey Altima SER, the very same one from yesterday! I told Dave, I gotta go, because I wanted to run with him again, and perhaps exchange a few words with him.

I pulled up to him, he's not looking over, but his nose comes up, as his car kicks down a gear, he was an auto, because I never saw any movement on his part. Anyhow, I punched it and just like hitting the replay button, I pulled away from him, no problem. I then slowed down to wait for him, and again just like yesterday, he darted over to the right lane, and blew by! Oh well, I guess he was being a sore loser?

My Mods list:

STI up

Cobb DP

Perrin TMIC

JDM RSB

Rota SDR's w/Pzero Nero's

STI Brembo front brakes

Again, glad to see participants doin' it right - post-race. :)

Man, you guys truly suck...I never get any fun/love here. Although I am just waiting to go to Stage 2 and taking on some 'Vettes and Porsches for fun and -my- humble humiliation. :) Hey, at least it'll be fun trying to keep up with them in a 4-door! :D

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

So how long until the ECU tune?

nice kills... btw, who buys an SE-R and gets an Automatic rather than the 6spd... crazy people.

I'm trying to patiently wait for EzEcu from Ecutek! It will come with a logging software, as well as being able to flash in maps like the AP, just using a laptop instead. It should be out soon, maybe August?

NOW I have the 2 car lead!!! I'm into 5th already, and then my pulling away from him comes to a sudden halt? Yes, of course, the damn top speed limiter!!! Totally forgot about it... Oh well, I still was able to show the TL my tailights!

Top speed limiter ?? On the highway ??

Jeez, you have balls my friend, too many Cops around here to do that !

You sure it wasn't an Charger SE or SXT and not a R/T? SE/SXT = 250hp 250lb-ft vs. R/T= 340hp 390 lb-ft? It it is that is pathetic for the Charger. The weight of the beast surely didn't help. :lol: If ya see one with a hood scoop...don't bother. :lol:
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

You sure it wasn't an Charger SE or SXT and not a R/T? SE/SXT = 250hp 250lb-ft vs. R/T= 340hp 390 lb-ft? It it is that is pathetic for the Charger. The weight of the beast surely didn't help. :lol: If ya see one with a hood scoop...don't bother. :lol:

Not only did I see that it was an R/T, He told me it had the hemi in it, and when we punched it from a side by side roll, it made the unmistakeable sound of a V8!

Top speed limiter ?? On the highway ??

Jeez, you have balls my friend, too many Cops around here to do that !

I've visited Montreal before, and I noticed that the highwaythat runs into Montreal Rt.410? is really nice and straight! But I did get a big warning from my Canadian buddy not to screw around, because they would lock me up!

But around here, although it is patrolled pretty well, there are times & areas where if it is empty, you can let it go, because there is no way to get on/off for a couple of miles, and there aren't any hiding spots either.

Plus it doesn't hurt to have my V1!

Not only did I see that it was an R/T, He told me it had the hemi in it, and when we punched it from a side by side roll, it made the unmistakeable sound of a V8!

Wow....good one then. :lol: They are just too heavy!

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I've visited Montreal before, and I noticed that the highwaythat runs into Montreal Rt.410? is really nice and straight! But I did get a big warning from my Canadian buddy not to screw around, because they would lock me up!

But around here, although it is patrolled pretty well, there are times & areas where if it is empty, you can let it go, because there is no way to get on/off for a couple of miles, and there aren't any hiding spots either.

Plus it doesn't hurt to have my V1!

It's Autoroute 40, and unfortunately we are not allowed to have detectors :mad:

Man, I'm sorry, but I just have a hard time believing all these "race" stories of yours.

First you say the TL "looked familiar" from just driving around, but they say he

added aftermarket wheels, lowered it, and added a CAI.

How would the car "look familiar" if aftermarket wheels and he lowered it since the

last time you "saw him"...unless of course there's only 1 black TL within 50 miles

of where you are.

And how did you know he added a CAI just from a doing a highway run?

Well, on my normal route, I usually don't come across a black tinted TL, and when I saw him, I was pretty sure it was the same guy, and after getting a look at him thru the tint, I knew! What more can I say.

If you have ever been near any, any honda with a CAI, you would be able to identify that banshee wail from blocks away! It is not a subtle mod.

And your claiming you started a race in 4th gear at 65 (you should be in third there)

and were 2 car lengths back and by the time you hit 5th gear, you managed

to reel in the TL and pull 2 car lengths on a 6 spd TL that apparently DID start in the correct gear since he jumped 2 car lengths on you??

I would have started in 3rd, but he punched it before I thought he would, and I was already in 4th, so I left it there.

YES, I did make up the 2 cars, plus added 2 more! I also wound out 4th to 6750 rpm, putting me at about 125 mph! Understand that I was in the middle of a highspeed race, so perhaps it might have only been 1 or 1/2 cars, but I most certainly came around him, and before I hit the limiter, I was ahead by the 2 cars!

You also said you raced this car "when" you had AP Stage 1 and beat him.

But now you say "without" AP Stage 1 and only and Up/Down Pipe you can

make up 2 car lengths and also gain 2 just in 4th gear starting at 65 mph??

I don't buy it...or he wasn't racing

YES, I did! The difference between AP stg1 and what I have now, is I probably am making 5hp more! The AP gives you alot of trq in the low-mid and the hp diff up top is not as great, see Cobb's charts. At the rpm's I was running at, I was maybe giving up .5psi of boost, if that. Our turbos can't hold onto 15psi til 5k, let alone redline. I would est. that I am making the same if not a touch more power than the AP stg1, not in the lower rpm's, but the higher rpm's, where you would be when racing.

Oh, and from the explicatives coming from his mouth he most certainly was! The TL has a weak topend BTW. Have you ever looked at its acceleration times to 120-130mph, compared to other similar powered cars? It is noteably slower.

Same with the Charger...another 100 mph trap speed car your claiming you walked

away 4 car lengths from...from a highway roll. That car hangs with a 5 speed 2005 Mustang GT in the rolling acceleration times. I've also driven that car and it's got some pull.

You keep quoting 1/4 mile times, trap speeds, and such, but I am telling you from EXPERIENCE! Also, what a car can do in the 1/4, is not indicative of what it can do from a highway roll. Other more important specs come into play, like aerodynamics, gearing, and so forth.

Sorry if I'm peeing on the party, but I just don't buy someone who seems to find

"street races" (and sometimes several of them on the same day) on a regular basis and you race up to 130 mph with cars that are equal if not a bit faster than a stock LGT (from rolling starts)...but you always seem to be able to walk away from them...even if you start the race in the wrong gear.

I think you need to mount a video camera in your car so you can start backing up

these claims.

I hardly find races on a regular basis. Granted this week was definitely not normal! But my commute is 45 highway miles in each direction, and I reverse commute, so on my side traffic is almost always light. I also live in Northern NJ, which has a lot of people, money and cars. So on any given day, I am bound to run into some.

And starting from 4th @ 65mph, is really not that bad a gear! I mean you could do 3rd, but you would have to make an additional shift, and with how this turbo delivers its power, it would be an extremely close call between the 2.

Just for example, I started of in 4th at about 65-70mph against an E46 M3, and he was only able to slowly pull a 2 car lead by 120mph! And of course I know, the doubting Thomas in you will tell me you don't believe me, back it up? Well another board member saw it! Plus to put to bed your common claim of"but he probably wasn't racing!" the guy in the M3, was a friend! You bet your a@# he was on it!

I would be more than happy to have a video capturing these runs as proof, however, I do not have one. If you or anyone else wants to loan me one I'll give it a try.

BTW IF any locals have friends who own any of these cars that I have run, I would be more than happy to run them, and see how I do!

Do you still have your AP? Wouldn't the Stock AP Map remove your speed limiter?

No, I actually sold it to mmm def! He has it now, with Stg2! And yes I was the one that kept bugging Cobb to release a map that fixed the speed limiter issue. It was the v1.02 release.

It's Autoroute 40, and unfortunately we are not allowed to have detectors :mad:

I know, back then I had the TL, and I had to remove my V1, so they wouldn't confiscate it, if I was caught!

Autoroute 40? This is the highway that picks up from the NY border Rt 87N? I could have sworn it was a 3 digit #. Either way, as soon as you crossed the border, there was like miles of empty, straight as an arrow stretch of road!

Tripod -

Why do you ALWAYS post and try to SH!t on other peoples posts. From one thread to another all you do is discount peoples stories and real road experiences. You seem to know EVERYTHING.

Honestly you don't sound very intellegent at all. First off a CAI on a V-tech engine is so freakin unmistakable it is rediculous. On my 2001 Acura CL - Types S my buddies could hear me from lanes over with thier windows up once I got "into" v-tech as we call it.

So Edmundu would know if he isn't def that there was one on there. And the fact that it looked familiar OMG let it go. A tinted acura speeding through the lanes would look familiar to me too if I had raced him b4.

If you read any of his other posts you would know that Edmundu kept up pretty well with mmm def's stage II in the high MPH and only got taken slightly by an M3 on the same night with 4 witnesses.

Don't thread crap on everyone before you have anything itellegent to say. Stop putting magazine numbers in a race you weren't in in real life.

Chill out and let people post!

CAI on a VTEC motor is ridiculous... My friend has an S2k. He was running late for a Med vs. Dent football game and I could hear his VTEC from straight across the parking lot and the other end of the football feild.

Trap speeds are very deceiving in our cars because we must shift RIGHT before we hit 100 mph. If you try to stretch 3rd out you wont be making power. Im pretty sure If our gearing were diffrent as to allow us to accelerate through the line it would be a diffrent story.

Real race >>>>>> magazine race.

does tripod even own a legacy? the GT doesn't come with 250hp as claimed. unlike many auto makers, subaru underquotes their numbers for some bizarre reason. becareful out there edmundu. at high speeds, u're playing with fire.

does tripod even own a legacy? the GT doesn't come with 250hp as claimed. unlike many auto makers, subaru underquotes their numbers for some bizarre reason. becareful out there edmundu. at high speeds, u're playing with fire.

No idea if he does or not. He did the same thing to the poor guy that attempted to post his first race that he beat a 02 mustang GT. Guy was all excited and tripod tired to put his post down jsut like this. I felt bad

Guest JessterCPA

edmundu is a stand up guy. period. Why would he make this stuff up?

Nice run.

Jesster is very jealous.

Jesse

• 2 years later...

edmundu I am right up the road from you in the Fitchburg/Leominter area. We should hook up sometime and we can trade stories...

My latest was an E46 M3....

Here is what I am running:

06 LGT 5EAT

Perrin sway bars

Borlla CBE

COBB up

COBB down

AEM CAI

FMIC from WBR

COBB AP v1

TDC Tuning Custom AP map for the above

Steven