LegacyGT.com

So, What Are You Trading in?

:lol: Great point Soldon! Wow, gonna be a big day for me Sat. Selling the current GT Saturday morning, then credit union appointment for papers later in the morning, then 3 hours straight over to Eau Claire once the papers are done, I'm sure the drive back will be much longer showing people the car. :P

I will be trading (or selling) my 1997 Audi A4 (1.8T quattro...mildly tuned) which currently has 138K on the clock. The Legacy GT seems like the car Audi should have built...Audi's are all short on power (except for the S cars which way too expensive for me).

I'm of the opinion that a Leg. GT + better rubber, sways, coilovers, a reflash, and a turbo-back exhaust will make a potent Q-ship that _should_ be quite reliable if well cared for (particularly when compared to V-Dub/Audi products...I will NEVER buy another Audi)

Ditto - I'm gonna sell my 97 A4 1.8TQ with 125k miles. I ugraded the ECU with an APR Stage 1 chip, bringing it from 150 to 200 hp. Maintenance has been expensive, but running great now. Enjoying life without a car payment. Anyone want to buy it?

DSC00193b.JPG.ee6c375c819f1f8e197c8ef0abf21c31.JPG

[quote name='frankcal'][quote name='currentlya4']I will be trading (or selling) my 1997 Audi A4 (1.8T quattro...mildly tuned) which currently has 138K on the clock. The Legacy GT seems like the car Audi should have built...Audi's are all short on power (except for the S cars which way too expensive for me). I'm of the opinion that a Leg. GT + better rubber, sways, coilovers, a reflash, and a turbo-back exhaust will make a potent Q-ship that _should_ be quite reliable if well cared for (particularly when compared to V-Dub/Audi products...I will NEVER buy another Audi)[/quote] Ditto - I'm gonna sell my 97 A4 1.8TQ with 125k miles. I ugraded the ECU with an APR Stage 1 chip, bringing it from 150 to 200 hp. Maintenance has been expensive, but running great now. Enjoying life without a car payment. Anyone want to buy it?[/quote] Maintenance has been expensive...hehe. :lol: you don't say? Is that one a factory sport package (better seats, steering wheel, 6-cyl wheels)? That's what mine is as well (although its green...I'll toss a picture up once I wash it this weekend). I see you didn't touch the suspension at all...I personally couldn't stand the 'allroad' look or the handling that accompanied it. (BTW mine's GIAC chipped, neuspeed exhaust, and a bunch of other crap)

[quote name='SoldonSubie'] Racerdave: Look at it this way....it could have been a mystique![/quote] It feels like a mistak-- I mean, Mystique. :D The other car I only too briefly considered was a 2.5RS sedan... should've went with that, but at least I'm going to make my personal planets align again with the GT wagon. :D

Maintenance has been expensive...hehe. :lol: you don't say?

Is that one a factory sport package (better seats, steering wheel, 6-cyl wheels)? That's what mine is as well (although its green...I'll toss a picture up once I wash it this weekend). I see you didn't touch the suspension at all...I personally couldn't stand the 'allroad' look or the handling that accompanied it. (BTW mine's GIAC chipped, neuspeed exhaust, and a bunch of other crap)

I've got the cheapo version that came with those ugly 8-spoke 15-inch wheels, but I got a really good deal on it back in 1999. I immediately added the sport package wheels, APR chip, CD changer, and an arm rest from a totaled 96 A4 (I seem to be drawn to cars with arm rest issues) :D . The 5-speed auto transmission is horrible. Although after driving the car for over 5 years, I know how to get speed when I need it.

I was pleasantly suprised by the cheap steering wheel and leatherette seats. At 125K miles, both are in fantastic shape. See the pic.

Audi_int.JPG.a33490d3c1d8b5d441cdb8e677dd223e.JPG

We traded a 2000 Legacy GT Sedan w/automatic for GT Limited wagon with auto. The car is so much better than the 2000, that it feels like Subaru skipped a development generation, sort of like a country that goes from the agriculteral age to the information age, skipping the industrialized age. This is the 9th Subie (OB + Legacy) in my direct family, so we are sort of converted to the brand. The 2005 feels like it is cast from a different mold from all the other Subies - it is simply so much more refined & powerful, while seamingly maintaining traditional Subie qualities. My previous cars have included a VW GTI, Mazda RX7, Volvo 850 Turbo (the '94 high pressure version that had more horspower than advertsised for insurance reasons - but talk about turbo log & torque steer... - an aboslute beast on the supeslab however) and an E36 BMW 328 with Sport Pack (lovely car, astounding sport seats, great shifter - but always felt like it should have come with at least an additional 40 horspower for the price and simply too expensive, combined with the most condenscending and arrogant service attitude immaginable - it would be poetic justice if Bangle puts that company out of business). The 2005 GT feels very similar to the 328 in driving dynamics - with an additional 60 hp, much more realistic price, better dealer attitude, AWD and a big wagon area grafted onto the rear of the car that adds sooo much practicality. The best of many worlds, in my opinion.

Whenever the time comes, hopefully sometime within the next six months or so, I'll be trading in my 2002 Volkswagen Passat GLS... unless one of you guys wanna take her off my hands. :wink: [img]http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/656/4006front_quarter_low.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/656/4006profile_low.JPG[/img]

I just traded-in a fully-loaded Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 for the Lagacy GT Wagon Ltd. I live in New England, where having all-wheel-drive is a very good thing. The Audi was in the state of perpetual breakdowns and repairs. Even though I could afford the amazingly high repair/parts prices I just couldn't bear wasting time and energy fixing the darn thing. A partial list of things that went: control arms (several, there's always something wrong with the front-end), power door-locks pump, steering column, moonroof motor, heated mirrors, headlight washers, hydraulic fluid leaks, engine oil leaks, air-conditioner compressor, ..these are just the ones I clearly remember.

[quote name='arnox'] A partial list of things that went: control arms (several, there's always something wrong with the front-end), power door-locks pump, steering column, moonroof motor, heated mirrors, headlight washers, hydraulic fluid leaks, engine oil leaks, air-conditioner compressor, ..these are just the ones I clearly remember.[/quote] I think Audi uses Lucas parts on their electrical systems. :lol:

[quote name='Throttlejockey'] I think Audi uses Lucas parts on their electrical systems. :lol:[/quote] *BURN* that is the funniest thing I have heard all day, or for the last couple. My father restored an early 74 MGB, so he and I are both well aquainted with "the prince of darkness." (Not the devil, but arguably close.) FYI, that refers to the electrical system in most british cars of old, with "Lucas" brand electrical components, because they were finicky and intermittent, and had a tendency to leave you in the dark when driving at night.

I'm trading/selling my 2000 Impreza RS. I'm torn as to what I should do, though. Trading it in saves a lot of hassle, but I can get thousands more for it by selling it myself. What made you all decide on your method of getting rid of your old ride, be it sell or trade? sqrl b8

I didn't get a chance to trade or sell my 2000 2.5RS since it was totalled last month. :( I wasn't even going to get rid of it in the near future. Now I have the 05 2.5i limited. Obsidian Black Pearl with the charcoal gray leather seats.

sqrl b8, am trying to sell mine...but it seems to be fairly difficult with all the new cars out there. Maybe I will try ebay, maybe I won't...since who knows what can happen with people on Ebay...or sometimes even forums. I guess if no one buys it, by the time the new one comes in, then I will give it to the dealer to deal with it -- even though they will make more on it than they are offering me. Oh well...such is the hardship. Later, i.

When my new GT Ltd. comes in, I'll be trading in my 1995 Camaro Z28 (with 162,000 miles). I am kinda sad about it, since I get so attached to my cars, but she it getting a little worn out.... and I can see the $$$ on the horizon.... [img]http://www.wideopenwest.com/~mccorry/images/emmybk.jpg[/img]

Archived