LegacyGT.com

So, What Are You Trading in?

Or selling. Readng through the posts it seems we have many former WRX owners plus quite a few BMW and Audi converts. It seems that Subaru is pulling from it's existing customer base and that of the supposed "higher echelon" makes but not Honda, Toyota and Nissan. For me it was an 01 OB wagon with 4EAT. Boring but dependable. I wanted more power and an MT. I bought a base XT with 5mt.

My '97 GT Sedan is basically sold, just awaiting the buyer to come pick it up next Saturday morning. My '97 GT is decently outfitted with parts mainly from Cobb (Cusco, Stoptech, and the like) to sharpen the car's reflexes and make it a bit stiffer. It's a nice car, I just need a new present to myself, something new, something faster, something a bit more refined.

I will be trading in a 01 BMW 325Ci. I have to say I'm really impressed with the GT. I test drove one last weekend and I have been thinking about it ever since. The car has everything I want and need. Since this is my first post here, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for posting some great info about the GT and making my descion to purchase a very easy one.

Its FINALY my turn for a new car. I am trading in a boring, but reliable 1999 Lexus RX 300 with 118,000 miles. Over the past four years I have started each of my three sons with a quality new car and my wife got a new car. This year, I leave the land of SUV ride and return to land of MT, low cg, real driving. Good thing the Leg GT is fast because I am going to need to get out of town fast when three college tuition bills and five care insurance premiums hit my mail box. Better get back to work now or go to jail.

For those of you who are selling rather than trading in, do you aim to sell before you buy or after? One way you're stuck without a ride, and the other way you're stuck with two depreciating cars and possibly two car payments.

Trying to sell my '02 WRX Wagon right now. As I'm never really sure when the 4-8 weeks delivery time will happen, I may be trading it in. As the name implies, I have an "Urq" stored at my dad's house in case I sell early and need a back up vehicle. Urq = original turbo quattro coupe from Audi, the one that started it all.

[quote name='agctr']MY01 2.5 Heritage Liberty/Legacy..... great car, Im sure the GT will be even better. Hey did u go on Saturday SUBE, did u get rid of yr current ride?[/quote] 17th - X-fingers mine comes in very soon!

[quote name='cncgimenez']Well I'm stationed overseas so I couldn't trade in, however I'm going to set a torch under our ten year old Stratus that has given us nothing but trouble. Man I hate that car, anyone ready for a car-b-q??[/quote] lmao. post pics. :P

[quote name='agctr']Great to hear Sube, Im sure yr not counting down the days at all...........[/quote] Can't count down if I don't know when it's going to be there. Was supposed to be there in the window of the 1st-10th as they were told, but as you can tell, thats out the window now. Not their fault, but I can only hope I get it on Sat. :|

when i get the GT, ill be trading in my 2002 mitsu lancer es. trading in is better IMHO b/c its pretax. and in NYC, tax is 8.65%. maybe it went up even more! seem like everything is just going up these days.

I will be trading (or selling) my 1997 Audi A4 (1.8T quattro...mildly tuned) which currently has 138K on the clock. The Legacy GT seems like the car Audi should have built...Audi's are all short on power (except for the S cars which way too expensive for me). I'm of the opinion that a Leg. GT + better rubber, sways, coilovers, a reflash, and a turbo-back exhaust will make a potent Q-ship that _should_ be quite reliable if well cared for (particularly when compared to V-Dub/Audi products...I will NEVER buy another Audi)

[quote name='currentlya4'] I'm of the opinion that a Leg. GT + better rubber, sways, coilovers, a reflash, and a turbo-back exhaust will make a potent Q-ship that _should_ be quite reliable if well cared for (particularly when compared to V-Dub/Audi products...I will NEVER buy another Audi)[/quote] I sense Kevin will be chiming in at any moment! Again, it's good to see the German car people making the switch to Subies! You won't regret it.

Archived