LegacyGT.com

Passenger side front bumper...

just underneath the light, as it wraps around towards the passenger door, looks like it is sagging and coming off - well.... it is. WTF?

I don't have a cam here at work so I am going to attempt to explain this the best that I can and then I am calling the stealership.

Driver side bumper = nice tight finish. Cannot pull bumper away at said location.

Passenger side - bumper appears to be hanging a bit. Can pull bumper away at said location. Also, it looks liks a$$ and is bugging the hell out of me.

Anyone else eperience this? It almost appears as though a retaining clip is missing.

I am in a bit of the same as 03Indigo (with the back) so I have not been able to get up under there and take a looksie too much. I was able to pull the plastic wheel well shroud out but can find nothing out of sorts.....

ok.. off to call the stealership.

:confused:

Nope. I have not touched anything up front regarding that. The only thing that has been done is a clear bra and the bumper was not removed to do this.

I have scheduled an appt. for 1130 to have it looked at/fixed.

It looks as though the retaining clip has come off - if there is one in that area.... (?)

Well that makes me feel a little better. We have had some scortchin' a$$ heat here in CO... it was 105 in Highlands Ranch on Saturday... and I thought maybe the heat of all things, started the bumper to sag.

Service tech said if it is a quick fix they will do it with me standing there... either that or they will schedule me in at a later date. I just want it fixed cause it is bugging the heck out of me... and did I mention I am a need it NOW kind of guy?

I am so glad you guys brought this up. I noticed this a few weeks ago. It is the same exact thing.

I have pushed it in with my hand a few times now, but it is annoying. The drivers side doesn't do it. It was kinda bugging me but I didn't think much of it with everything else going on. I thought it could have been when I pulled up a bit much in the garage and hit my work bench. I was hardly moving and didn't think that would cause this.

I hated my A4, but it had great solid bumpers and thick sheet metal which was nice at times.

I'll have this looked at the next time I get my oil changed. Thanks ;)

She is going in at 0800 on Friday to get fixed. I would try it if I was not out in the back. If there is something faulty though... at least this way I know it will get fixed.

OK... ALLLL fixed. Wife took the car in this morning for me as I could not due to work related issues. She just called and said it took about 5 minutes to fix it. The bumper just needed to be pushed in far enough to allow it to attach to a "hook" the bumper attaches to.

We will see how she fares today as it is suppose to reach 102 in the Denver Metro area. I am hoping the heat did not cause the bumper to "unlatch" itself.

In any event, I am happy for now!

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure, if was in a better place, I could hav fixed it. With all things said though, I am glad that I took it in... just to be on the safe side. Since this was not something I did - by removing the bumper - I wanted to make sure it was addressed under warranty.

It took under an hour (drive time and all) to get it fixed in case you are wondering.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have the same thing and I went to the dealer to get the brakes and this fixed. They fixed the brakes and couldn't fix the bumper. They needed to order a clip. So I have to go back on Friday to fix it. Such a pain, had to take a whole day off from work for a clip.

Subaru doesn't offer loaners, i miss my acura for that!

Go to a different dealer - one that has dealt with this car before. The dealer I went to had not worked on this section of the '05 but knew what the issue was. It sounds like the dealership you went to is even less informed.

Like surgery, get a second opinion.

Archived