LegacyGT.com

Want a good sounding exhaust

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You wouldn't hurt anything if you didn't have dual port heads.. They wouldn't fit if that were the case.

Do you have a 2.5 in that GT? Or might it of been a 2.2 that was swapped in at some point? 2.5 has them, most swapped 2.2 motors do not.

You can look under neath and tell if you have dual ports or not. Just look for how many pipes are coming off the head.

And that high flow cat pipe thing, don't even waste your money.. Just have someone weld up a high flow cat system with two inexpensive cats.

$60 a cat, two needed. $30 in pipe. Add in 30 minutes of labor and your done.

Yeah it's the 2.5. That's what I figured. I'll have to take it to my exhaust shop for that. For some dumb reason they won't install high flow cats unless you buy them from them or napa. I made sure which engine I had, EJ25 is stamped on the motor

• 4 weeks later...

if I get this muffler ([ame=http://www.amazon.com/Vibrant-1145-Streetpower-Black-Muffler/dp/B0018036Y8/ref=pd_sbs_auto_2]Amazon.com: Vibrant 1145 Streetpower Black Flat Oval Muffler: Automotive[/ame])

and an 18" resonator to fit on my OEM exhaust system, what size do I need to get?

ive done a bunch of searching for a decent muffler as well. i think im set on getting the cherry bomb pro, ive heard one andit sounds good. the extreme was a bit louder than i want.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnn081jPexg]Subaru cherry bomb pro exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

theres a clip of one, but the one i heard was a bit deeper than that video leads you to believe. cherry bomb also has a model with 2.25" in and out. just havent figured out which offset i want to go with. they are fairly cheap as well. and american made.

http://www.cherrybomb.com/Uploads/Images/Products/7459-thumb.jpg

okay, idk if it was my speakers or the vid but that sounded really bad...

it was super raspy and jagged sounding... this has been my fave n/a exhaust out of any ive heard so far and 1000000% recommend it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WHAruAI3PA&list=UUNkOOU905DDF15NU81M0fEQ&index=4]Subaru Legacy Full 2.5" Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

okay, idk if it was my speakers or the vid but that sounded really bad...

it was super raspy and jagged sounding... this has been my fave n/a exhaust out of any ive heard so far and 1000000% recommend it:

could be a bit of the speakers, but that video doesnt sound as deep as it really does sound. the one you posted seems a bit too muffled to me, i guess i like a bit more high tone to it. i dont think the guy has a resonator either, which im gtoing to put on mine also

I just did new 2" piping to a N1 can with a 6 inch opening and I really like the way it sounds. Nice and deep with a good low tone at lower rpms and not too loud when you get up to highway speeds.

IMG_20130604_095425.jpg

id like to hear this! i was thinking of doing exhaust next, or maybe just a muffler and resonator, or maybe just cutting out the cats. or maybe doing two straight pipes coming straight back off the headers? anyone seen that?

i want it nice and deep

and pretty quiet

prob UEL headers soon

id like to hear this! i was thinking of doing exhaust next, or maybe just a muffler and resonator, or maybe just cutting out the cats. or maybe doing two straight pipes coming straight back off the headers? anyone seen that?

i want it nice and deep

and pretty quiet

prob UEL headers soon

the two statements in RED dont work together

im late to this thread.. oh well:

vibrant #1046 muffler (oval tip because watermelon shooters aint my style)

2.5" mandrel bent exhaust piping

JDM EJ25DE - pretty irrelevant to the video really...

Vibrant 18" Resonator

Borla-Replica 2.5 Headers - heatwrapped

How is this setup on the highway? Drone any?

Also, how does a suba-noob figure out what engine is in my leggy, all it is stamped with is "EJ25"... helps a lot....

Thanks!

Archived