LegacyGT.com

Thoughts on these wheels on black car?

sutter2k

Lots of guys run Rota's on this forum, and they are very popular in the Subaru community in general.

Great designs (nothing original though) quite strong, decently weight, and inexpensive.

I love the Tarmac II but that is because they are available in 18". If the Boost or SDR were available in 18", it would make my choice extremely hard~!

With your black car, the wheel colour possibilities are endless...

Bright silver, gun metal, steel grey, gold and bronze all look hot on a black car...

It just depends on what kind of look you want.

Dark rims on a black car look menacing.

Bright silver or their 'titanium' chrome finish will get you lots of looks and are great for that effect.

I had a black modded Acura with lightweight bronze 8-spokes before and the look was very "Japanese-tuner" and very cool looking. But the look is not for everyone.

For every person who loved the look there was one who thought it looked stupid. Of course the same people thought I should I should be running 19" chrome spinners on the car so their opinion would be flushed down the toilet.;)

EDIT: attached- my old black EL with the bronze rims, in case you care. Sorry it's not a Subaru.

676536014_ELPicsFeb12005014.jpg.b59d94f420f5e1870929e716bbb33088.jpg

I'm a huge fan of these 5zigens.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7986813649&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7986811296&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

If I had the money, I'd keep a set for my car. But since I've already got three sets of wheels for my Subaru, I really don't need anymore right now, so I'm selling them for my autox sponser: Western Hills/Bear Alignment.

Brian

Archived