LegacyGT.com

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some day when I've had my legacy long enough to not care about spending excessive amounts of money on it, I'll swap in a EZ30 or EZ36. Shouldn't be to terribly difficult. Only issue I can imagine is fooling the automatic tranny ECU to run with a 5MT

IIRC the only difference between the auto and manual ecu is a single ground wire.

The other thing youd have to do is an EGR delete which i could see being a bigger hassle than the ecu.

That does sound incredible with that exhaust, reminds me of a Carrera 4S I've heard in my neighborhood.

If I only knew I could have made my old H6 Outback sound like that :lol:

That was plagued with the 4EAT however and was quite slow. But christ it was a smooth engine :wub:

• 8 months later...
Has anyone seen the build numbers on the 2008/2009 3.0R? I'm curious as to their rarity.

My information is not that helpful, but it is a piece to the puzzle

I have an 08 Legacy 3.0R Black on Black.

The President of the Subaru Dealership I got it from said there were only 6 out there identical to mine.

I think the 3.0r model is for the grown ups...lil bit mature and refined, and 2 more cylinders 6 > 4.

The spec b is probably the car i would have the most fun driving/modding, however.

I'd probably trade my spec.B for a 3.0R in a heart beat if I could find one with the same miles and condition simply so I'd stop modding the spec.B and I could pour all my mod money into the Miata.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

In the two years I owned my Ruby Red Pearl 09 Legacy 3.0R Limited I never saw another one. Now, three years after I traded it, I still haven't seen another one... but not just the color, the car. Apparently, there are very few 3.0R Limited Legacys.

It was a fantastic car, from its handling and power to the comforts inside. If there was any flaw, it was its ride height... but that opinion was likely influenced by the car it replaced, my lowered 05 LGT, itself rare enough. The 3.0R was the last of five Legacys I've owned.

I think all of Subaru's cars are, relatively speaking, "rare." I know that of the nine that I've had in 21 years at least three have been obviously rare, and none as ubiquitous as, say, a Mustang. Something tells me, however, that this SWP '14 FXT isn't one of them. :) All I care is that it continues the more than two decades of quality, repair-free service.

not to rain on the parade, but ive seen 99% more of the black w/spoiler. i wish i had production numbers but the HGM 3.0R is hardly ever seen

I have one of them, but have yet to see another. I personally like the way it looks, especially after tinting the windows last year.

not to rain on the parade, but ive seen 99% more of the black w/spoiler. i wish i had production numbers but the HGM 3.0R is hardly ever seen

I have one of them, but have yet to see another. I personally like the way it looks, especially after tinting the windows last year.

http://i44.tinypic.com/6edyle.jpg

Now that I live in Texas, that's a definite possibility (lowering). Dealing with midwest winters, I didn't want to drop it previously. As for clearing the corners, I just need to find some time to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
I love my 05 sedan outback 3.0R :) it rides great even for stock though i do got plans to do some work to it as things come up, though nothing too major. It just passed over to 108k miles

• 1 month later...
I love my 05 sedan outback 3.0R :) it rides great even for stock though i do got plans to do some work to it as things come up, though nothing too major. It just passed over to 108k miles

After picking up my 06 Outback Sedan I have been wondering how rare of a car it is.... emailed Subaru but they declined to tell me. :(

Archived