LegacyGT.com

how many MPG do you get for your 2nd gen subby?

• 4 weeks later...
Just bought a '98 Legacy wagon with the E22 today. It will be great having another AWD vehicle in the family but I will miss the 32- 33 MPG my Corolla gets (which will eventually go to my son). For my commute (approx 80% highway/ 20% stop and go) hoping for at least 25- 26 MPG with this car.

just went on a long trip to visit family and stopped to fill up at 320miles when there was probably 1-2 gal in the tank left but being on the highway, I didn't want to push it. That's pretty god damn good gas mileage for a $1600 car with 162k miles. Pretty happy with the car so far

Way too early too tell, but I filled up my new '98 Legacy L (EJ22 engine) for the first time about 80 miles ago and the fuel gauge is still one notch below full (wishful thinking- will probably drop like a rock from here).

Could have sworn I replied to this thread ages ago.. But I seem to get a constant 23.5 mpg, 23.9 for premium. but it idles smoothly on higher octane. But I'm still on the fence about that.

379709640_IMG_00421.PNG.00261a8e23d91ecca85205b0732d50ec.PNG

Last fill was 22 mpg. But that was because I had to fill up at one of the less-than-amazing gas stations on my way to work.

And Monkey, It's Road Trip. It's a bit more pricier for an MPG app. but it is the best I've found. I used accufuel for years, but the amount of data is showed you was next to null

1725551349_IMG_02011.PNG.05146a231f4a23797f9223a1c5888e01.PNG

i posted this one before i think

thought it'd end up going down, but so far i'm almost to 2k mi on the swap and its still up there.. im really paranoid it'll drop off suddenly... it'll feel like a divorce to me! haha

i'm assuming.. eff marriage

Today I went for a test.

My 97 Outback Ej25 gets 25 MPG on the 55>65 MPH no stop trip. I expected (hoped ) for better MPG. My 95 Caddie DeVille Concours with the Northstar engine gets 25 MPG on the same trip.

The difference and the savings will be -

1. Subbie can use regular gas - Caddie needs a minimum of middle grade gas (book calls for Prem)
  2. Subbie should get better around town MPG - I hope

I hope to get better MPG when I get a few things in order such as the misfire on Cyl4 and the possibly blocked BPT tube.

In my frankenmotor I get around 21 ctiy 26 Highway. If I am on a straight highway trip. Like the BNW meet I will be going to I get around 30mpg.

Hardly any fuel mileage drop from the 2.2 to the frankenmotor.

I went for my second fill-up since getting the car. I put 10.12 gallons in (and that's with the gas pump clicking off a few times) and had gone 287 miles. This comes out to 28.36 MPG (in mixed highway/ around town driving). Most likely it didn't fill up as much as the firdt time, but if I'm pulling even 26 or 27 I'd be thrilled.

Archived