LegacyGT.com

German Castrol Syntec 0w30

iyamdman

There may be something about increased engine performance (driver noted) in the 3500-5000 RPM range on an 0W-30W full synthetic oil. I mention that because the Active Valve Contol System (AVCS) is operated by an engine oil pressurized system. It seems logical that this would be the case because:

1. That RPM range would be during boost
  2. The AVCS could possibly react faster with a lighter viscosity oil coursing through what looks like some pretty small oil journals, opening up the valve breathing a little quicker, which would lead to better performance sooner in the power band
  3. Reduced friction across the engine "system" including the turbo would lead to easier/faster turbo spool and reaching boost a bit faster

There may be more reasons but I think it's likely that drivers are noticing an increase in power delivery at these RPMs. Would be interesting to dyno and see.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I am sure the German Castrol syntec is a great product but for 30.00 plus tax for 5qts:lol: Has anyone had it lab tested against Mobil 1 EP? If it is proven to be much better, I will spend the extra 8.00;)

Otherwise that is a 1/4 tank of V-Power:)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Archived