LegacyGT.com

New guy, thinking of making the switch

Cal Goat

Hey guys, just thought I'd introduce myself. I'll probably be poking around here for a while as I torture myself with thoughts of moving over to the Legacy GT.

Currently, I'm driving an 06 GTO which is great save for a couple of things:

- I love RWD, but there are a lot of situations where this car is just too squirrely. It's not a deal breaker, but after 5 years I've definitely found the limitations.

- The trunk is tiny. This is my only car and that lack of space can make life challenging at times.

- Parts are becoming more expensive every day and GM has always treated this car like a red headed step child in terms of support.

Finally, I've got a baby on the way and 4 doors would just make life that much easier.

That said, I'm an enthusiast and I think I could make the effort to keep the GTO if no other fun/cool options arrive. My lady has a Camry, so it's not a total compromise.

I had an 05 WRX prior to the GTO and I'm a big Subie fan (though most of their current offerings don't seem as pure and fun as the cars from a couple of years ago). If I had just bough the STI back then, I probably would have never jumped to the GTO. I probably should have just bought a Legacy GT from the get go, but I've met some good people in the GTO community.

Looking at LGTs, I have only one requirement at this point: MANUAL. But that seems to be tough to find on the used market right now. I prefer the look of the 04-08 cars, but I hear the 09+ cars have a less troublesome engine.

So... thoughts, tips?

Welcome and if you need a manual there are plenty for sale in all turbo years.

Sounds like you don't want a wagon and that makes your hunt even easier.

Search around. There are plenty of stock and modded exames for sale in north America right now.

Depends on what you want and how much you want to pay. Of course.

Archived