LegacyGT.com

Car gun safe

When I bought my M&P9c, it was either that or the XD 9 compact. I chose the S&W and was very happy I did. The XD is a great gun...but it just wasn't as comfortable as the M&P

We carry the M&P9 on duty.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you like it?

Fortunately I guess (I've never had to draw my weapon in the line of duty), I only shoot it once a year when we re-qualify and they don't let us take them home to practice with. Even still, I score higher at 25yds with the S&W than I do with my XD. I guess it's that extra inch. I can shoot a 2" group at 25yds with my S&W 22A 6", but obviously I'm not going to carry that around concealed.

My XD9 subcompact is my primary off duty weapon. I love it.

I'm a pretty small guy (5' 6" / 135#) and I went to the store with the intent of getting the Glock G26 but it just didn't feel as comfortable in my hand. I tried the XD and it fits me much better. I have an XD-M 9mm for home protection (in gun vault) and love it at the range. I went with the .40SC and I have to say it has quite a bit of snap, almost too much. I've gotten use to it, I fitted it with a LaserMax and use a CB ITWB holster. Dressed properly it's invisible.

Peaty,

2019 Imp Sport 5 Dr (Mine) 2013 Outback Premium (Wife's)

2010 Legacy 3.6R (Son), 2001 Forester S (other son)

1999 Miata (my summer ride)

I had a xd40 sc and I just couldn't get it to work for me. Constantly had feeding problems and just couldn't get fast follow up shots and it was difficult for me to conceal. I carry a S&W performance center version of the 6906.

I've been tempted to pickup a M&P 9mm compact. My FIL had a full size version and it shoots good, but feels "loose". Still nice to shoot though.

• I Donated
I fitted it with a LaserMax and use a CB ITWB holster. Dressed properly it's invisible.

I have a simular holster for mine made by old faithful. my full size S&W model 39 is invisible most of the time....and I'm about the same weight as you are, just taller

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• 1 year later...
It depends on the state. A very good friend of mine (from NH) had to plead to a FELONY in New Jersey even thou his hunting rifle was locked in the trunk:eek:

He served TIME!!!!!!

I think NY is worse:eek::eek:

Sounds similar to the Brian Aitken case:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/brian-aitken-jersey-gun-charge-commuted-gov-chris/story?id=12448867

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

• 4 years later...

I apologize for bump an old topic from the dead, just have a few interesting observations from personal experience, maybe someone will need this information in the future

I too have a Gunvault Nano the 300 version. It's is a nice piece of equipment; small enough to hide efficiently, yet big enough to fit a full-size pistol with a bit of breathing room.

However, I am not a metallurgist nor do I have experience breaking into metal lock boxes. I feel like this thing could be opened with a hammer and a screwdriver. It just feels weak to me. Then again it's my first lockbox so I have nothing to compare it too, so that is purely opinion based.

Only cost $30 on Amazon and will fit the bill for me (which is mainly keeping the gun out of the hands of the children), so I can't complain.

I have also 'heard' good things about the Bulldog It can bolt into the floor of your car which makes it a great deal harder to access with tool and such if they were to try and pry it open. Again I have only heard these good reviews over the internet so take that with a grain of salt. I often look at Youtube for different videos on this topic, I will leave one here, maybe this will be useful to someone in the future.Hope this Helps.Good Luck.

Anything is better than nothing. Mine in usually deep concealed except for the few places that is unlawful to carry. I keep mine in the trunk/ hatch locked on around the spare under the floor cover. The one place I feel uncomfortable is when I am at the VA facility when it a Federal Offence to even have a firearm on the premises so I park outside the gates and take care loooonnnng walk to the buildings.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul [emoji847]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Any kind of safe should be aimed squarely at making it a pita to get the gun out. Any safe can be broken into give enough time, but the point is to deter the attempt at theft. If you are going to be gone long enough a thief will have all day, you would be better off leaving it at home.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived