LegacyGT.com

Lads, I'll see you all in prison (new GT wagon gushing)

[quote name='SoldonSubie'][quote name='gtguy'] I find the shift diagram on the top of the knob irritating Kevin[/quote] Same here. That's why I spent the $84 and switched to the accessory Momo knob. Looks much better and I like really the feel. Only problem is that when it sits in the sun it gets VERY hot. I now have OMOM imprinted on my palm like the nazi in Raiders of the Lost Arc!!![/quote] I just don't like that knob. I had a similar one that worked in the WRX, but the Legacy needs something more understated. I'd love to find something that same shape, but without the dance steps on the top. Kevin

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='SUBE555']Sounds great Kevin. Word on my car, should be in by tonight/tomorrow (just called), will be set and ready to go by Saturday. :) I'm pumped now! Now the week will only go slower and slower. :lol: :( Oh well, that will be 2 days worth of break-in time. :) I've got lots of places to stop and see people. :D[/quote] Whats this?? Your car is coming soon? My goodness! When it gets here..LOL when you get it we won't here from you for a month! :D

This is the first time I've heard that having the shift pattern on the knob is an issue to worry about. Guess I can see the point since the shift pattern is obvious. Stylistically, the Momo might be a near miss but functionally it feels better to me. I'm using the one from my WRX. Tom

B4, I probably won't necessarily be missing too long (well, other than that first weekend. :lol: ) It's been stormy up here often and I'm not really feeling the need to get out in the rain yet. Maybe once I get it my thoughts will change. ;) Just hope everyone else doesn't want me to drive them everywhere to feel the boost. :lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='SoldonSubie'][quote name='gtguy'] I find the shift diagram on the top of the knob irritating Kevin[/quote] Same here. That's why I spent the $84 and switched to the accessory Momo knob. Looks much better and I like really the feel. Only problem is that when it sits in the sun it gets VERY hot. I now have OMOM imprinted on my palm like the nazi in Raiders of the Lost Arc!!![/quote] Ahahahah- yes! That is exactly what I thought the first time I touched my MOMO knob in the summertime!

[quote name='jedimaster'][quote name='SoldonSubie'][quote name='gtguy'] I find the shift diagram on the top of the knob irritating Kevin[/quote] Same here. That's why I spent the $84 and switched to the accessory Momo knob. Looks much better and I like really the feel. Only problem is that when it sits in the sun it gets VERY hot. I now have OMOM imprinted on my palm like the nazi in Raiders of the Lost Arc!!![/quote] Ahahahah- yes! That is exactly what I thought the first time I touched my MOMO knob in the summertime![/quote] Sizzle!!!! :o

[quote name='gtguy'][quote name='SoldonSubie'][quote name='gtguy'] I find the shift diagram on the top of the knob irritating Kevin[/quote] Same here. That's why I spent the $84 and switched to the accessory Momo knob. Looks much better and I like really the feel. Only problem is that when it sits in the sun it gets VERY hot. I now have OMOM imprinted on my palm like the nazi in Raiders of the Lost Arc!!![/quote] I just don't like that knob. I had a similar one that worked in the WRX, but the Legacy needs something more understated. I'd love to find something that same shape, but without the dance steps on the top. Kevin[/quote] Kevin: How about these: [url]http://www.cardomain.com/item/MOMF16SIL[/url] [url]http://www.cardomain.com/item/MOMASBK1[/url] [url]http://www.cardomain.com/item/MOMALBK1[/url] That's just a few that are listed at that site. Some of the other ones don't exactly fit in the "understated" department.

[quote name='SoldonSubie'] Kevin: How about these: [url]http://www.cardomain.com/item/MOMF16SIL[/url] [url]http://www.cardomain.com/item/MOMASBK1[/url] [url]http://www.cardomain.com/item/MOMALBK1[/url] That's just a few that are listed at that site. Some of the other ones don't exactly fit in the "understated" department.[/quote] Personally, I like this one, [url]http://www.cardomain.com/item/MOMRACAIR[/url] and don't know why subie doesn't offer this one as well. it may not match the faux-luminum center console as well, but it shouldn't get as hot. Otherwise very similar. more perf leather, less bare aluminum. For the taupe interior/wood trim folks, there is always this one: [url]http://www.cardomain.com/item/MOMSPHWOOD[/url] They all (Momo round knobs) have a metal crown on them, so that may be the heat problem... I take it that the momo subie knob is the same as other momo knobs, not some special attachment system, right?

Aaaa gtguy’s shift knob comments indicate how misunderstood the Leg GT is and how people want to make this car something it is not. Your typical Suby customers would be stalling out in intersections and dropping trany’s across the nation without their trusty shift pattern reminder. Suby can’t have that litigation liability hanging over their small company balance sheet. If you are one of those fringe modifier types, suck it up and put a sock on that shifter. (just kidding gtguy) This obsession with shift knobs makes me feel less nuts about by fixation with the lack of a rear armrest on the Leg GT/Ltd. Wagon. We are all just a little wacco. BTW, my BMW had the shift pattern on the shift knob and if BMW does it, how could it be questioned? Actually, I think the shift pattern bit can be popped off and replaced with other logos or just patterns. I know I have seen this done, but cannot find a site that sells the little things. I like the look and feel of the std shifter, live in Calif so no MOMO unless I put a sock on it. Just in case I get Oldtimers Disease , I think I will keep my shift pattern knob. I may not remember my whay home, but I will be having one hell of a time out their on the open highway following my shift pattern.

[quote name='MtnSub'] Your typical Suby customers would be stalling out in intersections and dropping trany’s across the nation without their trusty shift pattern reminder. This obsession with shift knobs makes me feel less nuts about by fixation with the lack of a rear armrest on the Leg GT/Ltd. Wagon. We are all just a little wacco. BTW, my BMW had the shift pattern on the shift knob and if BMW does it, how could it be questioned? Actually, I think the shift pattern bit can be popped off and replaced with other logos or just patterns. I know I have seen this done, but cannot find a site that sells the little things. [/quote] :D A little modifying never hurt nobody... A lot of modding has, though. :D Besides that, types like people who chat about cars with people they usually don't know, on the internet, are the same types who want a little bit of "This is my car, and not exactly like anyone else's." And I am not talking about 2f&2f street-racer-wannabes with "My car is modded just to be modded, because all my homies put park-benches on their trunks, and little light up windsheild washers, too." Besides, some BMWs have backlit shifter patterns. those are cool. I don't mind that there is a sticker for the shift pattern for the momo knobs, but I would think they could make it look like something nice, not something that came off an old-school "transformer" toy. A clear sticker, with a dark charcoal grey, or "etched-glass" look to the printed pattern, applied to the upper left of the shifter area, below the ashtray, in the driver's view between the wheel and shifter. Putting it at the bottom of the shifter area will only be blocked by your forearm while trying to shift. Mostly the pattern diagram is for a reference to people who don't drive a stick often, or who drive odd cars, with reverse up and left, or something, and have to change their habit for the car they are trying to drive. Like say if my wife's car was an automatic, and then she occaisionally drove my car with a stick in it. As it is, it's the other way around. My ranger has an auto (its a truck, so I don't care that it isn't a stick) and her miata is a 5MT. I don't need the pattern in her car, though. pretty much instinct at this point, and i've been driving a stick on and off since I learned to drive. She is a safer driver and a very good one, but I think I can actually match revs, heel/toe and clutch more smoothly than she usually does. Mostly because she just drives, and doesn't like to for very long distances. I actually like to drive, and thoroughly enjoy it in her car, sometimes to her fright. "What? 80mph on an entrance ramp?!" The truck is boring as watching grass grow, but it does haul stuff well.

The shift pattern doesn't bother me enough to change the knob, frankly. I like the way the knob feels, and integrates with the interior. The MOMO Subaru knob screws on just like the stock knob. Other, universal MOMO knobs have set screws. I had one of the Air Race Leather ones in my WRX, and the set screws were fine. Kevin

[quote name='MtnSub']Aaaa gtguy’s shift knob comments indicate how misunderstood the Leg GT is and how people want to make this car something it is not. Your typical Suby customers would be stalling out in intersections and dropping trany’s across the nation without their trusty shift pattern reminder. Suby can’t have that litigation liability hanging over their small company balance sheet. If you are one of those fringe modifier types, suck it up and put a sock on that shifter. (just kidding gtguy) This obsession with shift knobs makes me feel less nuts about by fixation with the lack of a rear armrest on the Leg GT/Ltd. Wagon. We are all just a little wacco. BTW, my BMW had the shift pattern on the shift knob and if BMW does it, how could it be questioned? Actually, I think the shift pattern bit can be popped off and replaced with other logos or just patterns. I know I have seen this done, but cannot find a site that sells the little things. I like the look and feel of the std shifter, live in Calif so no MOMO unless I put a sock on it. Just in case I get Oldtimers Disease , I think I will keep my shift pattern knob. I may not remember my whay home, but I will be having one hell of a time out their on the open highway following my shift pattern.[/quote] MtnSub: It's not the shift pattern that bothers me, I actually like the look. It's the way the pattern is a little recessed when compared to the leather that I find a little annoying. I also agree that the full leather MOMO knob would have been a better choice. I also like the wood one but thought it would look out of place in the interior.

My laim attempt at humor obviously failed. My entire post about mis-understanding the car, typical Suby customers dropping tranys across the nation, and if BMW does it, it must be right was all parody of previous posts. How the shifter feels in your hand is significant. Their is a primative pleasure in the correct feel of shifting and oneness with the beast. Personally, I am more concerned about the poor fitting and what some have called poor quality leather boot on shifter arm. I'll suffer along without a rear seat armrest, but get my shifter right, with no squeeks.

[quote name='MtnSub']My laim attempt at humor obviously failed. My entire post about mis-understanding the car, typical Suby customers dropping tranys across the nation, and if BMW does it, it must be right was all parody of previous posts. I'll suffer along without a rear seat armrest, but get my shifter right, with no squeeks.[/quote] :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I'm a knucklehead. I didn't get what's obvious to me now.

Archived