LegacyGT.com

Clutch problem!!??

An intermittent problem is a hard one to diagnos especially over the Internet but what you could do is when it happens check fuel pressure if you have a fuel pressure guage, if not try to start with starter fluid. If it starts up fine with starter fluid but doesn't start up on it's on most likely fuelpump, if starter fluid doesn't help you'll have to check spark but if you have new coils and wires and plugs it's probably not that unless it's a sensor not allowing spark.

So first check fuel with either fuel pressure gauge or starter fluid method... Or take up your back seat and see if you can see/feel your fuel pump running... Then get back to us with your results

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the starter fluid trick, that's a damn good idea. Well after I posted this I took a ride, went to advanced auto and got a p0100, MAFS sensor or circuit. Got aMAF from the bone yard(goun to put it in shortly) but where's this circuit? Samething with the p0130 o2 sensor or circuit malfunction, where's the circuit? also I got the clip and wires for the MAFS, the wire for prong number four has a bare wire coming out like this double Insulation wire, ring a bell? Soob tech said no worries just a "noise reducer" well I better get out there and change that MAFS,.gunna clear.codes also, thanks for the help. Tell me what a think about my questions.

I like the starter fluid trick, that's a damn good idea. Well after I posted this I took a ride, went to advanced auto and got a p0100, MAFS sensor or circuit. Got aMAF from the bone yard(goun to put it in shortly) but where's this circuit? Samething with the p0130 o2 sensor or circuit malfunction, where's the circuit? also I got the clip and wires for the MAFS, the wire for prong number four has a bare wire coming out like this double Insulation wire, ring a bell? Soob tech said no worries just a "noise reducer" well I better get out there and change that MAFS,.gunna clear.codes also, thanks for the help. Tell me what a think about my questions.

Well a code that says circuit means that it's an electrical problem like in u2 sensor circuit malfunction means something is electrically wrong with the o2 sensor not that your running rich or lean. And mass air flow circuit means the same thing... So can't say for sure but theres most likely a problem with the maf or if not a problem with the Maf then it's a wiring problem witch it most likely isn't... Same with o2 sensor its most likely a problem with the u2 sensor, but you can tell by erasing the codes and seeing if they come right back or not, if they come right back it's either wiring or the 02 sensor itself witch it usually is. You may have to wait for the car to warm up first for the codes to come back

Archived