LegacyGT.com

advice please, bolt in roll cage

shayne89

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
If youre going to buy a cheap cage.. buy one thats tried and true...

Brokedickracing ftw

Are you really that unoriginal that you can't come up with your own joke?

You guys think you're successfully trolling me. That is far from the case here. I'm laughing (as well as others) at how much of a tool each and every one of you are. One person comes up with a joke thats mediocre at best...and all of you run to the end of the earth with it.

Keep it up. I enjoy laughing at your stupidity.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Wow, are you really pompous enough to think that post was about you? Check out the link before you throw hasty words around..

http://shop.brokedickracing.com/

Its an actual company that offers relatively good bolt and weld in cages. They also stand behind their products. I bought one for my 86 aw11. Fit perfectly, chromoly piping with beautiful welds that didnt break the bank.

• I Donated

Considering how there has been a bunch of posts in the past two days of a certain group of people calling me brokedick, yeah I did.

Sorry for the confusion.

Carry on

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're dead wrong on this one.

A metal bar doesn't have any give to it.

The steering wheel is designed to flex a little bit to absorb an impact (for instance your face in an accident - your hands/arms - etc)...plus it has padding around it as well. A roll bar or roll cage doesn't have that.

Not all steering wheels are designed to flex for example a momo fiberglass wood look steering wheel hit that with such impact and you will have fiber glass splinters sticking out of your eyes hahaha

• I Donated

OK, I will revise my previous statement.

Current steering wheels from the major car manufactures that meet world wide safety requirements are designed to flex.

Aftermarket stuff can be anywhere from safe to a death trap. Thats why aftermarket parts don't come stock on cars. Because quality and safety are questionable on most of them.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

So because momo makes fiberglass wood steering wheels, no steering wheel is safe? I bet you it would take ALOT of force to splinter that wood.. and being that it is fiberglass, it has a relativley elastic property compared to a solid steel wheel (found on 90% of consumer vehicles)

Plus if you sre wearing your seatbelt and sitting with the seat correctly adjusted, your face should never touch the wheel in an accident.

I would also like to add that youre not going to make many friends coming on here with your 15 year old 'i read it on the internet bro' mentality. Most of us have been into cars longer than you have been alive, and while im not trying to start an internet dick measuring contest, know inherently more than you.

Yeah a lot of people think cages are sweet. Do i have a caged car that gets driven on the street? Yes. But it is a necessity to have in said vehicle due to some of the modifications.

Nothing will save your life better than a proper seat and 3 point belt. If you really want to feel safe get a DOT approved racing bucket (not a $100 racing seat off ebay) and a 5 (note five) point harness.

Considering how there has been a bunch of posts in the past two days of a certain group of people calling me brokedick, yeah I did.

Sorry for the confusion.

Carry on

U mad bro?

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Experiment #1 - run as fast as you can (maybe 13-15mp) head first into a pole.....write results (such as head pain, dizziness etc).

Experiment #2 - put 1" of padding on pole. Run as fast as you can from same distance head first into the pole....write results

chances are your head is still gonna hurt your brain is still gonna hurt, and that was you running as fast as you can. If you think 1" of foam is gonna absorb your momentum at even 30-40 mph you got something coming for you. its the same advice for people on motorcycles who choose not to wear protective gear. Put on your short and t shirt, run as fast as you can and dive on the asphalt and lets see if you change your mind.

Bolt in cages can be fine. But only if done properly.

You cannot safely run a cage in a street car. Period. You can argue against it, but you will be wrong.

The odds of you killing yourself go up substantially if you have a cage in a street car. Not only because of the risk of head injury, but because of the false sense of security you will have.

Case closed.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

My grandfather is a certified mechanic so is my dad and his brother :). I asked my grandfather lastnight and he said yous are fussing over nothing lol , I came on here simpley just to ask if the rollcage was cheap or not :) could someone please kindly answer that ? Many thanks for your guys knowledge its much appreciated :)

Well, you can't fix stupid.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

My grandfather is a certified mechanic so is my dad and his brother :). I asked my grandfather lastnight and he said yous are fussing over nothing lol , I came on here simpley just to ask if the rollcage was cheap or not :) could someone please kindly answer that ? Many thanks for your guys knowledge its much appreciated :)

no it's not cheap if you do it the way it's suppose to be done. make sure to take the plates off the car when the mod is done.

• I Donated
My grandfather is a certified mechanic so is my dad and his brother :).

Oh shit. This kid is an expert. Lets bow down to his mighty automotive knowledge!

Kid, I've been working on cars since you have been shitting diapers, along with the majority of the people who have posted in this thread.

A certified mechanic is not a crash test expert. That just means they know how to fix cars (maybe...I've seen some certified mechanics that are as dumb as a box of rocks). True knowledge about vehicle safety in a crash, roll cages, harnesses, etc is a specialty. Its not something that very many people know what they are talking about with.

Do what you wish with your car. Knowledgeable people have advised you against it, that your mod will actually make your car more dangerous. Like its been already said, you can't fix stupid. If you wish to be stupid, help yourself.

15 year old kid gets a car

15 year old kid thinks he is an expert

15 year old kid has family mechanics who are retarded

15 year old kid ask forum about roll cages

15 year old kid gets told bad idea

15 year old kid puts roll cage in his car anyways

15 year old kid thinks his car is invincible

15 year old kid wraps it around a tree

15 year old kid dies of head trauma from the roll cage that could have been avoided if he listened to people who knew what they were talking about.

I came on here simpley just to ask if the rollcage was cheap or not :) could someone please kindly answer that ? Many thanks for your guys knowledge its much appreciated :)

A proper built roll cage is NOT cheap. If you want quality and something that will hold up decent in a crash, then it will cost you several thousand dollars.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

For your infomation some cars comes out with aftermarket steering wheels for example some ferrari's come out with momo steering wheels you should revise that previous statement once agian :)

My LegacyGT must be a Ferrari! It came with a MOMO wheel from the factory!:)

My grandfather is a certified mechanic so is my dad and his brother :). I asked my grandfather lastnight and he said yous are fussing over nothing lol

Your grandfather last night confirmed that he doesn't know sh!t about car safety? BIG SURPRISE THERE.:rolleyes:

Well, you can't fix stupid.

Wrong! A rollcage in a DD will definately fix stupid.;):lol::p:p

15 year old kid gets a car

15 year old kid thinks he is an expert

15 year old kid has family mechanics who are retarded

15 year old kid ask forum about roll cages

15 year old kid gets told bad idea

15 year old kid puts roll cage in his car anyways

15 year old kid thinks his car is invincible

15 year old kid GETS REAR ENDED BY AN OLD LADY GOING 10mph WHILE AT A RED LIGHT.

15 year old kid dies of head trauma from the roll cage that could have been avoided if he listened to people who knew what they were talking about.

fixed.

• I Donated

I'll have to disagree with you on that one.

Stasis is from NZ...but he is a pretty smart dude.

I think this guy may have brain damage from one of his grandfathers cars with a roll cage in it.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived