LegacyGT.com

Well everyone EnGiNe bLeW! Ideas?

Well lgt. I have a stage 4 built legacy gt. auto! And well about 4 days ago something blew. Didn't have gauges to aware me.. I had just got my tranny built so I got my Amr t60r turbo on my built enge tuned. "conservatively!" till I got gauges. Well anyways about 5 days later of 330whp 352wtq not driving it hard my car started smoking white smoke, oil. Now I checked my oil and it was full so I just drove home. Dumb on my part yes. As I was pulling into my driveways I heard a bunch of crazy noises. Guessing it's a rod? Engine was built 12,000 miles ago. Almost got the engine out just lifting it tomorrow. Any ideas??? There was a little bit of coolant in my oil, so maybe due to a head gasket? Wanted to die at lights. Please help before w crack into the block do ideas!!

Thanks lgt.com,

Grant

Just did an oil change 500 miles before this. Didn't drive

After it started knocking.. This all randomly happened. Maybe the head gaskets wernt changed on the former build? "bought with a blown trans from a guy I knew here in alaska." thank you bigjweb that's what my friend who works at Subaru said who's rebuilding it. Said he won't know what's wrong forsyth till we crack it open. So I'm just wanted to hear what you guys think.

Well if you ran it with coolant in the oil, that could very well cause it to **** up bearings and what not. You won't know if it's a wallored out rod bearing or a spun main, etc until it gets cracked in half. To bad you didn't just stop at a blown head gasket and give it to me ;) I'm local after all... Also maybe the gasket blew from too much boost?

If there is a rapping sound now something in your lower end sounds effed. If youre already burning coolant you have to pull the engine and fix whatever leak you have anyway. Its like cracker jax, open it up and find the prize inside.

• 5 months later...
This could get interesting. I'll subscribe just in case.

Btw, OP... what is your definition of "stage 4"?

tell us more Grant

what turbo? what fuel mods? FMIC?

what have you done to the tranny?

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Archived