LegacyGT.com

Attn lgt 05-09 owners: Blown turbo legal case

dimanart

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

05-06 have 2 also. There are screen on both sides of teh motor. Some Subies have had as many as 4 screens. Not even just STi's with the extra OCV's lol. Some Subies had a screen at the block and 1 at the OCV. Foresters for instance. Customers complained of odd noises at the OCV's. Subaru took out the filters, noise complaints subsided.

Some have said that it enhanced the notorious "ticking" sound. The "ticking" always sounded like injectors to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, but I do not see the logic. If the screen is too fine and it clogs up, does that not mean that a more porous screen would let in contaminants that would destroy the bearings before starvation could?

It is a double edged sword. The bearings need clean oil. A filter is a requirement. problem is it is in a bad location and not easily serviced.

There is no where near the body of evidence to try and open a class action suit against SOA due to turbo failures.

No I agree it's definitely a fine line here, but I just wonder if using a slightly more porous screen wouldn't solve the issue.

I don't remember one (or any issues at least) with my turbo Jetta, and nothing at all ever mention on my DSM. So I wonder what amount of contaminates are really allowable. (Obviously the cleaner the better, but at what cost vs. total oil starvation):confused:

You also make a very good point as to serviceability as well.... Maybe if it was able to be cleared/changed with every oil change the issue would be resolved.;)

I also wonder if it's worth a secondary system to help as well:

Amsoil Secondary Filtration System

• I Donated

This thread is bogus.

No attorney is going to gather information for a lawsuit on internet forums, because none of this is admissible in court.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

"Sorry, but I do not see the logic. If the screen is too fine and it clogs up, does that not mean that a more porous screen would let in contaminants that would destroy the bearings before starvation could?

It is a double edged sword. The bearings need clean oil. A filter is a requirement. problem is it is in a bad location and not easily serviced.

There is no where near the body of evidence to try and open a class action suit against SOA due to turbo failures. "

email:sales@infamousperformance.net

1948 Don Lee Place, Suite 6

Escondidio, CA 92029

760-781-1126

Enuff said, this is going nowhere...

Now for a curveball......

I'm the irresponsible person that uses 5W-30, a cheap filter, and typically change my oil every 4000 miles.

I removed my banjo filter @60K miles and it was clean as a whistle. I inspected my turbo @80K miles and it's perfect. No shaft play, smooth and quiet.

My throw out bearing exploded @80K miles and that was more $$ than a turbo.:mad:

This is not something new and SOA has proven negligence because they failed to take proper steps to ensure happy motoring, such as recommend the banjo bolts be regularly inspected, reduce the oil change interval on all turbocharged cars across the board, switch to synthetic etc. It has been proven beyond doubt all owners take proper care of their vehicle and always maintain attention to the oil level they run as well as adhere to sensible maintenance.

Oh, right.

Archived