LegacyGT.com

Best bang for your buck upgrade for our cars?

Idk how much they help if your suspension is stock otherwise, but I had eibach springs on my car and was pumped to test drive the car when all the sways and end links were in. I starting ripping around corners like "wtf, this didn't do much at all, idk what all the hype is about". Then I installed coils and was like "I should have spend my money on this in the first place" night and day difference.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're talking to one shop and reading one post here? There's nothing more I can do to help you. My "been there, done that" experience is worthless. Between your thread title and the use of "assume", you're doomed. :spin::spin:

i'm sure i'll be fine ;) i'm going to assume...

• I Donated
Some of the ideas here are amusing to say the least. :lol:

By far the best bang for the buck is fixing your power steering system. $6.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1799692

My power steering system isn't broken, and I'm guessing most people on here have working power steering too. Thanks, though.

BTW, I thought everyone knew they needed to get everything on their car in proper working order before they started modding? Basic maintenance is just that -- basic. We're talking about upgrades here.

• I Donated

Sways make a big difference to someone who actually knows how to drive.

Amateurs think they are useless, because they can't tell the differences in suspension changes. They know two suspensions.....soft and hard.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Oh, so you actually know how to drive? You make is seem like you race for Ferrari. Run your car with a good set of coils on full stiff on stock sways. Now go and put some sways on it. You think you will tell a difference? What I was saying was that maybe for a stock setup sways make a difference but for what I already had done to my car, it didn't. My friend auto crosses his spec b and does really well. When I convinced him to get coils he said it should have been his first suspension mod. So you want to talk about the mod that affects handling the most, coils or good struts and springs and tires. So why spend $700 on sways and endlinks when you could pick up a set of used coils for that and make a bigger difference? Hmmm

If you upgrade your suspension regardless to anything stiffer than stock, the stock sway bar mounts won't last very long. On my koni/epic setup with stock sways at the time, the stock sway bar mounts eventually became completely horizontal. There is definitely a difference with sways on stock and on aftermarket suspension obviously you won't feel much if your running crazy spring rates likes 10k or something. At that point you don't even need sway bars really since all it will do is cause you to tripod entirely too much and just loose time/traction around turns.

Oh, so you actually know how to drive? You make is seem like you race for Ferrari. Run your car with a good set of coils on full stiff on stock sways. Now go and put some sways on it. You think you will tell a difference? What I was saying was that maybe for a stock setup sways make a difference but for what I already had done to my car, it didn't.

Funny, sways made a bigger difference for me than my KW2's. Tires made the biggest difference (245 kdw2). I dont think you are putting down more power than I am. I doubt you are any better a driver than I am.

My friend auto crosses his spec b and does really well. When I convinced him to get coils he said it should have been his first suspension mod. So you want to talk about the mod that affects handling the most, coils or good struts and springs and tires.

1. tires

2. sways

3. struts

Maybe its not always that order but in a 4thG LGT it is. IN A SPEC B EVEN MORE SO. The B in spec B is for BILSTEIN. Its already GOT upgraded struts

So why spend $700 on sways and endlinks when you could pick up a set of used coils for that and make a bigger difference? Hmmm

Because they don't and what you are saying is not based on reality.

I'm actually Ken Block lmao. But seriously, I ran my cusco front and Whiteline rear for ~10k with springs without reinforcement brackets and my stock onces didn't so much as think about moving. If you read in the reviews section people oversell sways. I read on here somewhere that some guy was taking on ramps at 60 and he starting taking them at 95 and felt safe. That's how BIG they were talked up. I literally cannot do another suspension mod (including bushings) and the fastest I've gone around an on ramp was 80. Unless that guys turn was super wide... So back to the point, all I was really saying was that I was disappointed and didn't notice much at all. Maybe it's my setup? Maybe it's just in my head? I don't think I'm a superb driver, I'm def not bad but I can tell differences. Not just soft and hard. I could tell a difference from eibach, to s tech, to swift springs soooo idk. My car handles fantastic and that's all that really matters to me.

Archived