LegacyGT.com

Best bang for your buck upgrade for our cars?

big ol meh to blizzaks on price and multiple compounds.

dunlop wintersport m3s, hakka 3s, or general altimax arctics.

I could suck start a snow blower.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some say it's the cheapest way to tune... and it puts the Cobb AP to shame. All we know is, it's called Open Source.

enlighten me... that's just the advice that i got from agile auto

The best bang for YOUR buck, would be not listening to Agile Auto.

The best bang for an LGT's buck? Leaving it stock.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

If your good with a lap top and get a couple of cables, a Tuner can email you a map. Read in the Tuning Forum.

I have http://www.tuningalliance.com tune my cars, he's local to me. You can also contact m sprank about tuning too. He's buddies with some guy in CA that seems to tune a hole bunch of different cars.

He's pretty good too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

i already have the accessport, and i plan to get a different turbo soon, (keep it a sleeper still) but i hear alot of hype about turboxs. alot of locals use them. should i go there for a good tune or since i already have the ap, or just go to agile and dyno tune?

@max capacity - i don't have a laptop, so no self tuning for me.

i already have the accessport, and i plan to get a different turbo soon, (keep it a sleeper still) but i hear alot of hype about turboxs. alot of locals use them. should i go there for a good tune or since i already have the ap, or just go to agile and dyno tune?

@max capacity - i don't have a laptop, so no self tuning for me.

TXS will tune an AP.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

you dont say what kind of "bang" you want. Street, autox, track, dragstrip, show&shine? What's your buck? $50, $100, $1000, $5000, I won the lottery.

For years, my best bang for the buck was the DRL delete. When I started tracking, swaybars with solid endlinks was a huge change handling wise. Had I known, I would have had a light tune put on the stock motor early on to fix some of the issues.

As you are already shopping for a turbo, I'll make it simple - you're doing it wrong. A new turbo is not going to make you happy unless you match everything else to the turbo. Figure out what you want to do with car, then match the parts to your desires. Your build will be simple and you'll get a great car.

you dont say what kind of "bang" you want. Street, autox, track, dragstrip, show&shine? What's your buck? $50, $100, $1000, $5000, I won the lottery.

For years, my best bang for the buck was the DRL delete. When I started tracking, swaybars with solid endlinks was a huge change handling wise. Had I known, I would have had a light tune put on the stock motor early on to fix some of the issues.

As you are already shopping for a turbo, I'll make it simple - you're doing it wrong. A new turbo is not going to make you happy unless you match everything else to the turbo. Figure out what you want to do with car, then match the parts to your desires. Your build will be simple and you'll get a great car.

i'm still deciding on whether or not to keep it stock or slightly mod it. i don't want a racecar, but i don't want a toad. i know for sure that i want coils. whats the best "bang for buck" coils? i'm interested in the tein basics. are there any better for $1000? *i trust tein*

Archived