LegacyGT.com

Cannot get the OEM throttle body hose to stay on

• I Donated
The issue is that your IC-to-TB hose came off multiple times and you never reset your ECU. Is the hose still coming off? If not, reset the ECU, drive it, see how it feels. If it still is, fix the problem, then perform the preceding steps.

Are you sure? Those kinds of values show either a huge post-MAF leak (not UP related) or other major problems.

Yes I've reset it in learning view every time. I make sure my IAM is at .70000 with clear charts before I start it. Also, if I have an exhaust leak it's possible for the knock sensor to pick up exhaust rattle from that area.

weird.... started to experience the same issue as well. Hose keeps popping off of thottle body. I tried every which way to fasten it, I haven't cut off the bladder part but I've been stage 2 for over 20k km and never had a problem until recently. I am thinking maybe my DP is loose causing it to be yanked off.

It's not a tuning issue. I've been tuned for 6 months without issue until I changed my up pipe and that intercooler hose came off

Not tuning, I was suggesting they may be able to look it the hose and help you or they could fix the hose popping off issue.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Well the issue now is not the hose. The hose has not popped off since the last time I fixed it. However when I drive it feels fine at first, then my IAM drops to 0.00000, with -11.75 in the first column in very low rpm and engine load. Which makes no damn sense. Something has to be toying with the knock sensor.

My Cobb turbo heat shield was loose on one side and tapping against frame, and the t bolt clamp I put on throttle body side was tapping up against some big wire harness. I cleared some leaves and crap away from the knock sensor too. I haven't tried it since I made those adjustments

at that rpm range and load id watch the misfire count for cylinders 1-4 . I would think posssibly low compression, injector, spark plug, coil issue.

I don't have a misfire. In the time I've had this issue I haven't thrown a code. Do you think I should check plugs? If I had the hose popping off issue making it run stupid rich it could've fouled the plugs

fuel trims don't correlate a bad enough leak scenario to drop the iam to 0. false knock via noise is what it looks like to me. -11* at an iam of 0 is rediculous. suspension noise, rattles, clunks, loose bolts near sensor, other pinging noises can make the sensor go crazy.

fuel trims don't correlate a bad enough leak scenario to drop the iam to 0. false knock via noise is what it looks like to me. -11* at an iam of 0 is rediculous. suspension noise, rattles, clunks, loose bolts near sensor, other pinging noises can make the sensor go crazy.

This. Hopefully yours does not turn out like mine as I found out when I took the motor out that there was a piece of ringland that was about 3 inches long that broke. I ended up turning off knock protection running a relatively safe map and driving it for 15k until the piston broke the rest of the ringland below it into 4 pieces.

But I would check over everything on the motor make sure that nothing is touch or rattling near the knock sensor. Besides that do or have a compression and leak down test done.

that's really the only other thing i can think of, sometimes a chunk of ringland can click or tap up and down with the piston, and up against the cyl wall and make noise. i'm not entire sure what would constitute a faulty knock sensor, other than the CEL.

• I Donated
That is what my false knock was -- broken ringland. It didn't cause quite that much knock correction, but it was also just a small piece that was broken. Agree on at least a compression test to start -- compression testers can be rented from AutoZone.

• 4 weeks later...
His + battery terminal was loose, one of his cylinder head ground straps was jiggling, his transmission ground was disconnected. fixed those and now it's holding iam of 1 with only 1 or 2 counts of low-load knock activity.

Archived