LegacyGT.com

Inter cooler delete good idea or no

Holy Crap! Spec/build list?

I'd love to build an AR for range duty.

I'd probably just end up spending an enormous amount of time and money designing a high efficiency suppressor too see how quiet I could get one.

Have you considered that route, Mas? I know the ATF license process for a suppressor is pretty expensive and tedious, but it certainly seems like it would be a neat project!

I'm not that concerned about noise, i chose the compensator that i did for recoil reduction. You can definitely feel the blowback from the gas but muzzle rise is very slight. I would be more likely to design a compensator that kept the muzzle on target as much as possible, and I wouldn't need to go through the ATF.

From back to front:

Magpul ACS milspec stock

PSA LPK

Spikes Punisher lower

Ergo grip (not sure of the name)

Geissele SSA trigger

Vltor/BCM med latch charging handle

Vltor MUR-1A upper

WMD NiB bolt carrier

DSG arms Punisher ejection port cover

Vltor CASV-S free float handguard

Magpul MBUS

BSA 4x scope

BCM HP/MP 1/7 5.56 barrel and parts

UTG bipod

JP Enterprises compensator

Although I absolutely love this rifle, I'm thinking about putting it up for sale. I wanted to build something in which every part was my absolute favorite, and I didn't do that with this rifle. I've come very close, but there are a couple things I want to add to my next build.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The bottom line is that the roughness of the MAF->Power relationship is sufficient to be a completely unreliable method of comparing power output of two vehicles or one pre/post modification. No one posts MAF voltage vs. RPM in "proven power." You can argue this all you want, but you'll still be wrong.

I'm not going to continue arguing with you, Turbodog. You are wrong, and this discussion is over. You can continue quoting Wikipedia, looking at dictionary definitions, and whatever else you want to do to detract further from the point at hand. I'll not be privy to your little tantrums any longer.

Wow....the ninja straw man to dismissal combo! I'm in awe of your internet debatin' skillz.

Fact is, I never said anything you just claimed I said. Straw man.

OBVIOUSLY, what you just said is correct and we all know that (or should).

OBVIOUSLY things like VE, timing, octane and AFR are very important in making power. Tuning 101 here.

But, going back to the original point - the perrin test did not at all attempt to keep MAF readings similar/equal, which makes it a poor comparision test, since MAF is THE PRIMARY FACTOR in how much power is made.

I'm not that concerned about noise, i chose the compensator that i did for recoil reduction. You can definitely feel the blowback from the gas but muzzle rise is very slight. I would be more likely to design a compensator that kept the muzzle on target as much as possible, and I wouldn't need to go through the ATF.

From back to front:

Magpul ACS milspec stock

PSA LPK

Spikes Punisher lower

Ergo grip (not sure of the name)

Geissele SSA trigger

Vltor/BCM med latch charging handle

Vltor MUR-1A upper

WMD NiB bolt carrier

DSG arms Punisher ejection port cover

Vltor CASV-S free float handguard

Magpul MBUS

BSA 4x scope

BCM HP/MP 1/7 5.56 barrel and parts

UTG bipod

JP Enterprises compensator

Although I absolutely love this rifle, I'm thinking about putting it up for sale. I wanted to build something in which every part was my absolute favorite, and I didn't do that with this rifle. I've come very close, but there are a couple things I want to add to my next build.

How much do you have invested in the AR? It would be overkill for small game, but it would be a lot of fun to put together.

I might look into that compensator. I'd like to do something with my hunting rifle (30-06). A flash suppressor is an absolute must, but if I could keep muzzle lift down I'd have much better second target acquisition.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

How much do you have invested in the AR? It would be overkill for small game, but it would be a lot of fun to put together.

I might look into that compensator. I'd like to do something with my hunting rifle (30-06). A flash suppressor is an absolute must, but if I could keep muzzle lift down I'd have much better second target acquisition.

I have about $1850 into it in just parts. With tax, shipping and minor gunsmithing, it's easily over $2100.

I think Turbodog's problem is that he can't stand to be wrong, even though he is most of the time.

I'm completely correct here, and in most cases. The amount of misinformation on here is stunning.

I feel like a cult interventionist.....serious deprogramming.

That's not too bad, actually. I was expecting 50% more, easily.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

But, going back to the original point - the perrin test did not at all attempt to keep MAF readings similar/equal, which makes it a poor comparision test, since MAF is THE PRIMARY FACTOR in how much power is made.

You make educated people's brain's hurt

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• I Donated
I'm completely correct here, and in most cases. The amount of misinformation on here is stunning.

I feel like a cult interventionist.....serious deprogramming.

Okay, I was wrong. Turbodog's problem is that he thinks everything he says is right, even though most of the time it isn't.

I got one to rock Turbodog's world.

So how much HP is a car making that hits 4.9v on the MAF at 5000rpm and still pulls to 7500 and is verified to make HP to redline by a dyno?

Cause based on g/sec it's the same from 5000 to 7500

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I got one to rock Turbodog's world.

So how much HP is a car making that hits 4.9v on the MAF at 5000rpm and still pulls to 7500 and is verified to make HP to redline by a dyno?

Cause based on g/sec it's the same from 5000 to 7500

Completely impossible to tell by maf voltage, obviously. AFR and timing maps can still be programmed to make it work, but your tuner sucks for even bothering -> get a larger maf and rescale.

How does the ecu calculate g/rev in this instance?

With a static MAF value, load is directly linearly related to RPM, thus will it track a consistant line through the timing and fueling tables. Not particularly safe and a really bad idea IMHO. Any overboost or extra cold temps and you have serious problems.

So if the ECU has no idea what is going on airflow wise, but it can still be programmed to work, then MAF readings must be the PRIMARY input for the ecu and all associated calculations.

No, by your senario, the ECU is being presented with a static value. RPM, of course, is the other parameter in the maps, and is also used to calculate load. AFAIK, you've basicly forced the ECU to run timing and fuel based on RPM.

You could possibly argue that RPM is the primary input, but I wouldn't see the point.

I'm a huge eggs benedict fan. Homemade sauce is the ONLY way to go though. Damn it... now I want some too... :lol:

This is more my style, no need to make it falsely yellow. Simply add real lemon and rind and you get a perfect yellow tinge. It's awesome. :dm:

http://foodfrenzy.ocregister.com/files/2011/02/ccc2.jpg

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• Mega Users

lobster-rolls-05.jpg.0c89afd1d2ca52687f7698d5de8345c0.jpg

Just had this for the first time this year on Saturday. Old Orchard Beach, ME. Fresh off the boat that morning, and then into my mouth. Best 20 bucks I've spent this year.

Oh ya, the cole slaw was amazing too.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Archived