LegacyGT.com

Blinking CC with no CEL

Hey watch what your saying there, that was me...lol

The old hub came out easy with a few taps of the 5lb hammer. The new one went in with a few taps with a small hammer and I used 2 of the mount bolts to pull the hub in and thread or two at a time. Everything seemed to be seated.

This one was much easier then the left rear I did in April.

I will say when a different shop replaced the left front hub Jan 2011 they had to replace the ABS sensor. But I drove that one to long and may have damaged it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Hey watch what your saying there, that was me...lol

:hide:

The old hub came out easy with a few taps of the 5lb hammer. The new one went in with a few taps with a small hammer and I used 2 of the mount bolts to pull the hub in and thread or two at a time. Everything seemed to be seated.

This one was much easier then the left rear I did in April.

^That sounds pretty straight forward.. Weird that you're getting this problem..

Thanks for the reminder. I should take a closer look at the old hub. I seem to recall the new Moog one looked a lot like it.

I should have done my homework. I see Advance Auto parts charged me more then I can get a OEM for. I may buy a OEM and take the Moog back.

It's pretty frustrating, I can replace the freak'in engine and have no issues, but can't R&R a hub assembly....grrrrrrrr.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Thanks for the reminder. I should take a closer look at the old hub. I seem to recall the new Moog one looked a lot like it.

I should have done my homework. I see Advance Auto parts charged me more then I can get a OEM for. I may buy a OEM and take the Moog back.

It's pretty frustrating, I can replace the freak'in engine and have no issues, but can't R&R a hub assembly....grrrrrrrr.

Report back. Curious to hear the outcome..

Thinking about it, I should put the old one back in drive it and see if the problem goes away.

It's loose but I think it will be ok for the 5 miles or so to make a loop from one exit to the next and back home.

Thinking about it, I should put the old one back in drive it and see if the problem goes away.

It's loose but I think it will be ok for the 5 miles or so to make a loop from one exit to the next and back home.

If you're that quick to swap parts, I'd go for replacing with OEM and returning the other one since the OEM is cheaper and it has to have that magnetic strip for the ABS to work. Just me though :spin:.

Thanks, great minds think a like, I thought about just doing that too. If I'm going through the 30 minutes to R&R the hub I might just as well do that.

If I'm going through the 30 minutes to R&R the hub I might just as well do that.

^You're fast!

btw, sorry OP for kinna hijacking your thread. Has any work been done to your wheels, hub, bearing, brakes, axles, suspensions?

It's no problem, This issue has come up a few times and there maybe no single reason for it. So if it can help at least one person with their blinking cc issue then it's worth it =)

Winning the internet

So interestingly the blinking CC is gone again without making any changes to the car.

:iam:

^You're fast!

btw, sorry OP for kinna hijacking your thread. Has any work been done to your wheels, hub, bearing, brakes, axles, suspensions?

Air tools my friend. And the fact that I just had this thing apart. I learned to tie the caliper off to the top of the spring to keep it out of the way. I can turn the spindle and get my butterfly impact gun in the back of the spindle for the four bolts. 10,000 rpm make fast work of the bolts.

So I stop by the dealership, the parts guy tells me they don't replace the hub they just replace the bearing. I say if I don't use it can I bring it back, he say's yes.

So I say ok, he brings me 2 seals and a bearing. I pay the $81.00 and come home.

I think he gave me the tranny axle bearing and both axle seals for the tranny.

So I got the all but 2 bolts out of the hub, and it starts raining. It's stopped now so I'll go pull the Moog hub out and put the old hub back in.

Great the driveway is now WET.

Well that solves that. With the old hub on and a 20 minute test drive, CC works fine, no surging.

I'll pull the hub back off after dinner. Take the Moog back to Advance and the other bearing back the dealer and have them order me a hub assembly.

Just called Advance, they will refund my money.

Called the dealer parts dept, spoke to someone different, they have a hub assemble there. They will give it to the cashier and I can pick it up after dinner.

NOTHING is EVER EASY.

I had the same problem when my rear bearing went. There a round ring with small teeth that makes contact with the abs sensor. My bearing was so shot that ring had actually broke off. At the time i didnt know but It looked like i was supposed to leave that ring on but i was mistaken it had actually broke off the old bearing!

So i removed it, put new timken bearing on. Havent had any trouble since and now my cc works fine. Take a look at the abs sensors and make sure they didnt get chewed up. Id look at the front and rear.

Air tools my friend...I can turn the spindle and get my butterfly impact gun in the back of the spindle for the four bolts. 10,000 rpm make fast work of the bolts.

^I hate you. no airtools, no driveway, no garage, just a toolbox and a brain :redface:.

There a round ring with small teeth that makes contact with the abs sensor.

Take a look at the abs sensors and make sure they didnt get chewed up. Id look at the front and rear.

:whore:

New OEM hub is on, went for the 20 minute test drive, CC work well, no surging. Well give it a shot on the drive to work in the AM.

Also returned the Moog hub to Advance and got the money back.

Shower time, then ice cream, after I put that box out for you Ed.

The box is there, Ed.

BTW It took 35 minutes to R&R the hub, that's with changing cloths, get the tools back out, car jacked up, R&R the hub, put tools away.

It gets easy when do this a few times.

I'll do the right rear sometime soon. I have the hub in the shed.

The box is there, Ed.

BTW It took 35 minutes to R&R the hub, that's with changing cloths, get the tools back out, car jacked up, R&R the hub, put tools away.

It gets easy when do this a few times.

I'll do the right rear sometime soon. I have the hub in the shed.

AND using airtools :mad:.

• 8 months later...

Archived