LegacyGT.com

2007 Volvo S60R vs 2007 Subaru Legacy GT SpecB

I would just love all your opinions!!!

The S60R almost was 300/300

300hp and 295 lb of torque, and it was awd

Likewise with the specB it has 250 hp with that amazing 2.5L turbo 4 cylinder unlike the volvo R which has an inline 5 cylinder turbo.

That was also the first specB sold in the United States to have traction control.

I would know because my dad had an 2006 spec B #229 out of 500 and those Specb's didnt have traction control.

So ladies and gentlemen which is better?

Spec B you say???

The only street car that would hold its own against a Spec B would be a new Ferrari 458.

I also think an F-35 fighter jet might stand a chance too....

But that's it.

Who needs traction control?

I've driven with and without TC and I'd rather turn it off(in the snow/ice)

I want a drivers car, not a computer/electronic car

BTW what r u trying to compare here? performance, comfort, reliability, looks, what?

• I Donated Too
I have heard the S60R/V70R have a lot of problems with their AWD system.

along with a finicky adjustable suspension (Haldex) and a turning radius like a yacht.

I love how they look though and their interiors are baller

Give me an old s70 t5 any day of the week. Volvo makes some different looking cars that when done right make for mean machines. Shame they dont know what a manual trans is.

I actually test drove an S60R on my way to drive the Spec.B that I ended up buying, same day back to back. The S60R was nice, much nicer interior, but it was very very bland compared to the spec.b. There was no sense that it was moving and the shifter was horribly vague. with the suspension in sport mode it was a little bit tighter than the bilsteins on the spec.b, which isnt saying much.

My spec.b was stg 2 when i bought it, so i dont have a direct comparison, but I think the volvo would probably have been faster.

I owned a v70r and now a stage blah blah blah gt wagon. Hands down better interior, top end and sound from the volvo. Just a numb car to drive and easily 3x as expensive to fix. I miss it's low profile, especially in wagon form. Also it's absolute inability to rust up here in the north east was a big plus. Unfortunately they are hard and very expensive to make good power on. Only reasons I switched was for true awd and a stick shift. Dual mass flywheels have a tendency to blow up in volvos but their turbos never really do---

Volvo lost me with the front-lit gauges. So terrible.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I owned a v70r and now a stage blah blah blah gt wagon. Hands down better interior, top end and sound from the volvo. Just a numb car to drive and easily 3x as expensive to fix. I miss it's low profile, especially in wagon form. Also it's absolute inability to rust up here in the north east was a big plus. Unfortunately they are hard and very expensive to make good power on. Only reasons I switched was for true awd and a stick shift. Dual mass flywheels have a tendency to blow up in volvos but their turbos never really do---

I looked high and low for a V70R and couldnt find one with decent miles. They are a sweet looking car.

Archived