LegacyGT.com

Real world gas mileage

How fast did you have to go to get those mpgs? What stage are you guys running at?

All I have is tbe and k&n panel filter. And half of my commute was 74 and the other half was 64.(I set the cruise at 9 over.) so you can call it 68 or 69mph average. if you don't use cruise, then you can bank on a half to one mpg less average. Unless you're really good at throttle control.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

LOL i wish. I actually use the cruise control alot and try to stay out of boost unless i really wanna Whoomp on it. I get about 325 out of tank all city and fill up about every 4-5 days.

did u get a free tow for like 10 miles and then they unstrapped u?:lol:

Real world here is 18-25mpg + a few tenths maybe 25.3

32:lol:

I just hit 27.0 mpg doing 100% highway on the way back from Northern WI this weekend. Judging by my scangauge, I bet I gained an additional 1.5-2.0 mpg staying behind another car most of the way

35psi front / 38psi rear

Car is 100% stock

Filled up with 0% ethanol gasoline

I was getting 21-22 until I started working on mileage. I slapped in an UltraGauge, went up 5psi all around, and over the winter got LRR tires in a 50 instead of a 45. Other than that it's stock. I use 91 or 93 depending on which gas station I'm at, and we're in 10% ethanol country. My last three tanks average just under 33 mpg.

About 80 miles on the highway right after a fill-up with 92 netted 27ish indicated; another 30 off the highway dropped that down to mid-26. These MPG gauges seem to be optimistic; my calculated mileage when I filled was about 0.7 below what the dash read.

• 3 weeks later...
Any tips for improving mileage? I get 18 average driving like a g-ma. 16 mpg having some fun. I would like to get mid-20's like some on here,.. I know my 5EAT doesn't help, but I have extra air in the tires, 36/34 psi and use good 91 octane gas.

Don't know how to fix yours, but just confirming that it seems that something is off. My 2005 LGT 5EAT Wagon, all stock and using California gas (91 I think), gets 21 mpg in all-suburban (mostly conservative) driving including lots of hills and 28 cruising at 65+ mph on the freeway.

Any tips for improving mileage? I get 18 average driving like a g-ma. 16 mpg having some fun. I would like to get mid-20's like some on here,.. I know my 5EAT doesn't help, but I have extra air in the tires, 36/34 psi and use good 91 octane gas.

Archived